g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Anthony Martial image 9

Anthony Martial France flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Completed 9 dribbles today, rest of the team completed 5. His dribbling was so good with full of tricks. He was direct and goal threat almost whole game.

Red Stone

His feet are almost magnetic. He looks like losing the ball to a tackle so many times and somehow manages to drag it with him out of the defenders reach. Unreal talent.

Dobba

Only thing that could keep him from being a genuine world class talent in the next couple of seasons is not having the work ethic to go with his obvious talent. Hopefully we've seen the last of his off the pitch distractions for a while.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Amazing dribbling today, he took the piss out of the defenders, was playing for fun. Wasteful with his chances though, could have had a hat-trick.

We're lucky to have him and Rashford :drool:

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Only thing that could keep him from being a genuine world class talent in the next couple of seasons is not having the work ethic to go with his obvious talent. Hopefully we've seen the last of his off the pitch distractions for a while.
He seems more active lately, also in tracking back and helping in defence. He seems to be learning from Mou and adding intensity in his game, positive signs and it will make him a better player. In terms of natural ability, I think he is our best outfield player, but now needs the consistency and work ethic to cement a place and become instrumental for us.

AdnanRED

The only thing that drives me nuts with his performances and I dont know if its down to him is when he is on the left and the LB or a CM has the ball he doesnt make a run to get in behind and this must be instructions because when we are killing a team he doesnt seem to do this.

Anyway to end on a positive its a real shame his scissor kick and the fake shot move didnt pull off but so happy he got a goal today and Id like to see him take some more free kicks.

I believe Martial, Rashford and Lukaku will all have a minimum of 20goals in all competitions this season.

Trophy Room

After his performances this season, if he played for another team can you imagine how much he'd be worth if we were going for him now?!

Revan

Assumptionman
The only thing that drives me nuts with his performances and I dont know if its down to him is when he is on the left and the LB or a CM has the ball he doesnt make a run to get in behind and this must be instructions because when we are killing a team he doesnt seem to do this.

Anyway to end on a positive its a real shame his scissor kick and the fake shot move didnt pull off but so happy he got a goal today and Id like to see him take some more free kicks.

I believe Martial, Rashford and Lukaku will all have a minimum of 20goals in all competitions this season.
I would be very surprised if either Martial or Rashford will reach 20 goals in all competitions this season, let alone both of them. Lukaku will probably reach 30, but I would be very happy with Rashford/Martial reaching 15.

Dobba

He seems more active lately, also in tracking back and helping in defence. He seems to be learning from Mou and adding intensity in his game, positive signs and it will make him a better player. In terms of natural ability, I think he is our best outfield player, but now needs the consistency and work ethic to cement a place and become instrumental for us.
I was thinking more along the lines of having that 'first on the training pitch, last one off it' attitude and wanting to improve on the things he's not necessarily naturally good at. But I agree with your post about him at least showing the early signs that he's listening to the manager. Plenty to get excited about.

Home&Away

Do people really think he is still a LW? His dribbling is great but he has the ability to beat the central defenders more than the RB covered by the other defenders since Martial is better at making find adjustments to manoeuvring the ball rather than cutting all the way from the left to the centre and still have to face the goal keeper.

His best season/form came as a striker - I struggle to understand why people were questioning his ability when he wasn't very good at LW. Though I am not making comparisons; we are literally playing theiry Henry at LW simply because we can.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Do people really think he is still a LW? His dribbling is great but he has the ability to beat the central defenders more than the RB covered by the other defenders since Martial is better at making find adjustments to manoeuvring the ball rather than cutting all the way from the left to the centre and still have to face the goal keeper.

His best season/form came as a striker - I struggle to understand why people were questioning his ability when he wasn't very good at LW. Though I am not making comparisons; we are literally playing theiry Henry at LW simply because we can.
I see him as a striker and I think most on here do to. The problem is he's never going to play there for us long term so we need to hope he can be a top goalscoring winger which his form this season is showing he can do.

U99ted

I would be very surprised if either Martial or Rashford will reach 20 goals in all competitions this season, let alone both of them. Lukaku will probably reach 30, but I would be very happy with Rashford/Martial reaching 15.
They're on 4 and 5 already though. We have at least 40 games more this season, so I expect them both to be there on 20 or thereabouts.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
First interview in English. Already better than Rooney's

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
I see him as a striker and I think most on here do to. The problem is he's never going to play there for us long term so we need to hope he can be a top goalscoring winger which his form this season is showing he can do.
Meh, the chances of him staying at the club long term is slim to none. He isn't afforded the same luxuries as other players, he'll start a match here, be on the bench for the next one, maybe get somewhere between 5-25 mins. Odds are he'll be nowhere near the French national team for the world cup, and he'll move on to a club willing to play him

AdnanRED

I would be happy with that too but the way things are going this early on I dont think 20 is impossible for them especially in all competitions, would also be nice if Mkhi, Pogba and Mata got about 10each and I wonder how many Zlatan will score once he comes back

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Meh, the chances of him staying at the club long term is slim to none. He isn't afforded the same luxuries as other players, he'll start a match here, be on the bench for the next one, maybe get somewhere between 5-25 mins. Odds are he'll be nowhere near the French national team for the world cup, and he'll move on to a club willing to play him
He'll be our consistent LW by the end of the season and force himself into the French side is my view, but each to their own.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He'll be our consistent LW by the end of the season and force himself into the French side is my view, but each to their own.
I can't see Jose ever playing him every week as long as Rashford is playing reasonably well. Rashford is the chosen one at United, and since Mourinho came the discussion has always been about making a pathway into the team for him.

dogwithabone

Thought he was great tonight. He seems happier in himself than in previous seasons and tonight was involved in everything. I'd hate to see him leave us now because he's developing into a genuinely top class footballer and his best is still probably three or four years away. The potential is frightening.

TsuWave

good to see his english coming along. some players spend years here and don't speak a word. it helps that he's young and we have a bunch of lads around his age in the squad

yfoFC

Correct me if I'm wrong but apart from the first few games of LVG when he played CF, martial has played predominantly at LW and that's where he got most of 17 goals and 11 assists from in the 2015/16 season... At least that's how I remember it

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

No it didn't.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
When on form, an absolute joy to watch. That dribbling when he rolled the player... Amazing close control, all in fast motion.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
People need to stop calling both him and Valencia 'Tony'.
Just write Martial and Valencia....please....

Womp

idiot

You seem to always post some rubbish

Hed Zitin

Well worth watching just for him. So good seeing players dribble like that.

Love to see a front three of him, Lukaku and Rashford.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The way he was taking people on tonight reminded me of the greedy kids at school that would constantly try and run rings around people. Not saying he was greedy, just that kind of play. Really enjoyed his performance.

Womp

idiot
Well worth watching just for him.

Love to see a front three of him, Lukaku and Rashford.
Aye, with both him and Rashford looking slick, you'd think it's only a matter of time. Martial, Mkhi, Rashford. The only problem then is that we don't really have another option off the bench. Lingard to be our new super-sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.