6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

I'm a scared cnut everytime when i see him dribble past two or three defenders, some annoyed opposition might just break his ankle. Be careful out there Martial!

Home&Away

Bit reminiscent of this but without the goal.
Exactly that - though I don't like calling players the next Henry or whatever; you can see the similarities they have in their capabilities of beating the last men in the centre of defence. The moves that Henry made in that goal would be much harder to coming off the wing do you not think? Especially considering he would have up to 3 defenders to take on afterwards.

Beating the last line of defence is a rare skill to have in my opinion & Martial can do it well

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I legitimately cant remember a player since Ronaldinho that looks like they're playing - successfully - Fifa street style football on the pitch. I really can't believe what I'm watching with Martial. For the ones comparing his talent here with Ronaldo's - no, Martials ball control is superior. Godly talent. I really hope we can keep him for as long as possible

Gause

those silky smooth dribblings in tight spaces, man, he is the true heir of Giggsy.

snk123

Could have had a couple of absolutely amazing goals. Unlucky and also not very clinical.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I legitimately cant remember a player since Ronaldinho that looks like they're playing - successfully - Fifa street style football on the pitch. I really can't believe what I'm watching with Martial. For the ones comparing his talent here with Ronaldo's - no, Martials ball control is superior. Godly talent. I really hope we can keep him for as long as possible
You haven't watched Neymar I suppose.

Foot, meet mouth. Only took one game for me to be proven wrong, haha.
:wenger: he missed because he attempts the same finish over and over again.

Don't bother.

It's one of those football myths.
A weird one, born out of absolutely nothing.

Treble

Didn't watch the game but I'm glad Martial was so good by all accounts.

He should play like that vs good opposition. Even Memphis fecking Depay was looking like a world beater vs poor teams. Soton away is a difficult fixture. It would be great if Martial shines against them too.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Fun game to watch him play in but nothing to be excited about. I expect Martial to run rings around that kind of team.

ants7

Looked like he was ready to run through walls to get a goal. This game will do him only good. Needs to carry this to games against better opposition.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Would people here swap him for Dembele? I certainly wouldn't
No and not because I think he's better than Dembele.
But because for the first time in his United career, he's playing in a fully functioning side and is looking like an outstanding talent.
I don't think Dembele would have done more if given Martial's minutes.

VanGaalEra

The most impressive aspect of last night was his interview in English. Love the man.

The biggest change this season is his attitude. He looks like hes really got the bit between his teeth, exemplified by the way he grabbed the ball for the Everton penalty. Hes determined to score goals.

MuFc_1992

No and not because I think he's better than Dembele.
But because for the first time in his United career, he's playing in a fully functioning side and is looking like an outstanding talent.
I don't think Dembele would have done more if given Martial's minutes.
Who do you think is a better dribbler between the two?

Litch

Knew about his dribbling ability and a calmness when in front of goal but something as def changed in him this season. First I've seen him track back and made defensive tackles. Also he is smiling and outwardly positive and the players seem to be trying to feed into this when he scores. Pogs and Rom have been more animated towards him and he's now part of this Utd 'brotherhood'....

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Didn't watch the game but I'm glad Martial was so good by all accounts.

He should play like that vs good opposition. Even Memphis fecking Depay was looking like a world beater vs poor teams. Soton away is a difficult fixture. It would be great if Martial shines against them too.
In his 12 or so minutes.

Brightonian

Such a shame he didn't end up with the hat trick that performance deserved. Some absolutely filthy dribbling.

Course it's easy against weak opposition, Depay demonstrated as much a number of times. But it reinforces a general improvement this season.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He was great last night but I fear that it won't impact his status in the team. He will still find himself on the bench against Southampton and in the vast majority of our league and important cup games.

He's a great talent but games like last night make me even more worried about his future. He's clearly in good form, he suits the team but he still plays very, very little. He needs a consistent run in the first team and trust and he will develop into a special player.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He was great last night but I fear that it won't impact his status in the team. He will still find himself on the bench against Southampton and in the vast majority of our league and important cup games.

He's a great talent but games like last night make me even more worried about his future. He's clearly in good form, he suits the team but he still plays very, very little. He needs a consistent run in the first team and trust and he will develop into a special player.
Exagerrating much ? He was given recently a start but he didn't play that great so obviously Mourinho wants to test him. It's only up to Martial to increase his playing time.

Brightonian

It's surely only a matter of time before Mourinho caves and tries him and Rashford on either side of Lukaku to get them both on the pitch at the same time. Unless he genuinely doesn't think Rashford can play on that side of the pitch, but that would be odd given the number of great performances he's put in from that position in the past, and the number of times this season he's found himself out there for one reason or another anyway.

Obviously Mata was superb yesterday too but as a #10, the position he should naturally be competing with Miki for.

Parma Dewol

Has to be my favourite United player in the current squad. Reminds me of Ronaldo and Giggs when they started out, in the sense that you spend the whole game craving an opportunity to see him in full flight with the ball at this feet. Plus his chant is brilliant too. :)

TheForgottenOne

:wenger: he missed because he attempts the same finish over and over again.
I don't think that is true really. In a 1v1 against a goalkeeper, there is always a short moment in which you can just put it underneath the reach of the keeper. That is what he tries to do, but his timing was just a bit off, as well as his placement of the shot. Not that big of a deal really. It happens.

I am sure he will switch it up when he sees the gap is bigger in the short corner, but most of the times it will be easiest for him to put it away in the right as it's the easier shot. If the timing is right, it will always go in.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Exagerrating much ? He was given recently a start but he didn't play that great so obviously Mourinho wants to test him. It's only up to Martial to increase his playing time.
Other players get away with average performances more often. He has started one league game so far and played 35 minutes in the other 4, he does play very little. Compare that to Rashford who has started 4 games and played 23 minutes in the one he did not start.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Obvious exaggeration by many here who are going on and on about how he won't play at all.

After first 2 league games where we won 4-0
Vs Leicester - Martial Started
Vs Stoke - Rashford started
Vs Basel - Martial started
Vs Everton - Rashford started
Vs Burton - Both started.

It's easy to see both are getting alternate starts, not sure how good that will be for both players but after first 2 league games both have started in alternate games.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Obvious exaggeration by many here who are going on and on about how he won't play at all.

After first 2 league games where we won 4-0
Vs Leicester - Martial Started
Vs Stoke - Rashford started
Vs Basel - Martial started
Vs Everton - Rashford started
Vs Burton - Both started.

It's easy to see both are getting alternate starts, not sure how good that will be for both players but after first 2 league games both have started in alternate games.
Pretty sure he'll start our CL game as well.

Ashley R1+O

Thought he looked really calm and comfortable and looked like he enjoyed his night. Superb performance.

stu_1992

Like Rashford, he looked like he was really enjoying himself last night which is not something you could often say for Martial. Long may this continue, a fully fit and confident Martial is a very exciting prospect. Shame he'll probably be on the bench versus Southampton as he lasted the full 90 whereas Rashford was taken off.

Status
Not open for further replies.