Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Answer what?
Rashford was a disaster against Everton, if Martial had performed similarly, do you think he'd be given consecutive starts ?

To your baseless assumptions. You are speaking like a representative of sun or metro. Wasn't martial supposed to be gone this summer itself , yet he is here scoring goals. Jose praises him and you say don't trust the manager. Why should we trust your baseless assumptions.

Maybe jose rates rashford more than martial but that does not mean he will sell martial , he has specifically pointed how extremely pleased he us with martial but yet you say why should we trust the manager. Your logic is flawed.
It's assumptions, but it's hardly baseless just because you disagree with them

SirAF

Ageist
Sigh.

FC Porto - he left for a bigger and better job after winning the CL
Chelsea I - left after disagreements with a hands on owner early in the fourth season. Won FA Cup in his third season.
Inter - Left for a bigger and better job after winning the CL.
Real Madrid - Real is Real. Even Zidane is not going to be their coach in two years.
Chelsea II - went tits up in the first half of his third season. This is the only one I will give you.

MThomas

Sigh.

FC Porto - he left for a bigger and better job after winning the CL
Chelsea I - left after disagreements with a hands on owner early in the fourth season. Won FA Cup in his third season.
Inter - Left for a bigger and better job after winning the CL.
Real Madrid - Real is Real. Even Zidane is not going to be their coach in two years.
Chelsea II - went tits up in the first half of his third season. This is the only one I will give you.
But my point wasn't about the reasons for leaving, the point was that he rarely ends up staying longer than 3 seasons...So i'm confused as to what the list is supposed to prove..

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But my point wasn't about the reasons for leaving, the point was that he rarely ends up staying longer than 3 seasons...So i'm confused as to what the list is supposed to prove..
You're using his previous stints to extrapolate how his stint here would be, which isn't really fair nor accurate given they were at different stages of his personal life.

I can't be bothered to find the quotes but I recall him touching on the subject and saying how he is ready to stay long term at one club at this stage. He said it needed to be England given its his family base now with his daughter and son both here IIRC. This also coincides with some articles reporting similar:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...gets-15-year-reign-manchester-united-manager/

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/19/jose-...rgeting-15-year-stay-at-old-trafford-6789775/

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...urinho-contract-pre-season-tour-a7848136.html

Whether he will or not is another matter, but he has never said that before about a single club bar Chelsea 2 seasons ago (again, because he was in the stage of his career/life where he wanted to settle in one place). But fortunately for us and him Chelsea is an absolute circus where even the best of managers die a slow death some way or another.

Anyway, this sub debate is pointless and not related to the subject.

I like many others don't understand your knee jerk logic of Martial being sold. He didn't deserve to start much anyway last season and this summer he's competing with one of the best young talents in the world. Him and Rashford are both young and the manager has stated multiple times that Martial has a key role to play for us.

SirAF

Ageist
The list is supposed to show you that it is not exactly any surprise that he left any of those jobs..

It makes no sense to expect that todays Mourinho is only going to stay at United for three years based on his career so far. Why would he leave, and where would he go? He has done it all in all the leagues that matter - it is pretty obvious that he has been drooling over the United job for years, so why would it not be logical that he wants to build a legacy here? Also add in the personal reasons that @VP89 touches upon.

MThomas

You're using his previous stints to extrapolate how his stint here would be, which isn't really fair nor accurate given they were at different stages of his personal life.

I can't be bothered to find the quotes but I recall him touching on the subject and saying how he is ready to stay long term at one club at this stage. He said it needed to be England given its his family base now with his daughter and son both here IIRC. This also coincides with some articles reporting similar:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...gets-15-year-reign-manchester-united-manager/

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/19/jose-...rgeting-15-year-stay-at-old-trafford-6789775/

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...urinho-contract-pre-season-tour-a7848136.html

Whether he will or not is another matter, but he has never said that before about a single club bar Chelsea 2 seasons ago (again, because he was in the stage of his career/life where he wanted to settle in one place). But fortunately for us and him Chelsea is an absolute circus where even the best of managers die a slow death some way or another.
Hasn't he also indicated that he'd like to manage the national team at some stage as well ?

I just personally find it somewhat interesting, when the shit hit the fan at Chelsea at the beginning of his third season, the majority in here was taking the piss out of how he'd completely lost the plot and was spiralling out of control. That the clash with the medical staff was classic Mourinho. Now we're back to how it's circus Chelsea (which, regardless, to a large extent is true)

I don't think it's impossible, far from it, that Mourinho feels the need to settle down and that United can be the perfect club for him in that regard. How likely it is, well, as i've said i'll be very surprised if he stays here more than 3 seasons. He's a winner, and if he's not winning there's going to be problems, and i don't think it's likely that we'll be winning any big trophies this season.

MThomas

The list is supposed to show you that it is not exactly any surprise that he left any of those jobs..

It makes no sense to expect that todays Mourinho is only going to stay at United for three years based on his career so far. Why would he leave, and where would he go? He has done it all in all the leagues that matter - it is pretty obvious that he has been drooling over the United job for years, so why would it not be logical that he wants to build a legacy here? Also add in the personal reasons that @VP89 touches upon.
Did the list indicate at the start of any of those jobs that he'd feck off after 2-3 seasons ? It's easy to sit back and in hindsight say that it's no surprise that he ended up leaving either clubs after 3 years. Just as it might be easy in 2 years from now to say that it was no surprise that he ended up leaving Manchester United.

It's a different time, expecting managers to stay for a long amount of time is unrealistic, that combined with Mourinho doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that he's here to stay

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hasn't he also indicated that he'd like to manage the national team at some stage as well ?

I just personally find it somewhat interesting, when the shit hit the fan at Chelsea at the beginning of his third season, the majority in here was taking the piss out of how he'd completely lost the plot and was spiralling out of control. That the clash with the medical staff was classic Mourinho. Now we're back to how it's circus Chelsea (which, regardless, to a large extent is true)

I don't think it's impossible, far from it, that Mourinho feels the need to settle down and that United can be the perfect club for him in that regard. How likely it is, well, as i've said i'll be very surprised if he stays here more than 3 seasons. He's a winner, and if he's not winning there's going to be problems, and i don't think it's likely that we'll be winning any big trophies this season.
When he was linked to international jobs he said its for managers who are in the end of their careers (or close to those words anyway). I don't see how a long stay at our club and international management at the end is a contradiction.

But back to Martial, I hope he starts tomorrow. Problem is Rashford scored two great goals and was equally as good.

MThomas

When he was linked to international jobs he said its for managers who are in the end of their careers (or close to those words anyway). I don't see how a long stay at our club and international management at the end is a contradiction.

But back to Martial, I hope he starts tomorrow. Problem is Rashford scored two great goals and was equally as good.
I didn't say it was a contradiction, just that he can easily take over the national team as his next post if he ends up leaving us after a third season, just as he might end up at PSG.

Given how poor Rashford was against Everton, i don't think it warrants a start against Southampton, neither his or Martials performance against a second string championship side is all that interesting apart from confidence building.

Fensa#08

Expected a Martial thread, not jose :nono:

Should start tomorrow, he is in good form, and has better dribbling and finishing than rashford, so he is more effective.I hate when Rashford gets fouled few times and he chokes after that and goes nuts.He needs experience the talent is there so no worries.I also think that he should be playing as striker and it suits him better and tony should be left wing.Tony is also better at left wing than marcus.

dogwithabone

Martial is in great form and confidence must be high but what he really needs is a landmark PL or CL game where he scores two or three. I feel he is probably just that one or two games away from truly arriving.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I've just put him in my fantasy team.

Expecting a good run of form from the lad.

VanGaalEra

Performance thread. Surely threadban any talk of him leaving at the end of the season or in 2 years time.

What the feck.

MThomas

Martial is in great form and confidence must be high but what he really needs is a landmark PL or CL game where he scores two or three. I feel he is probably just that one or two games away from truly arriving.
I reckon it's crucial that he's given time, start him against Southampton, start him in the CL, give him a foundation to build on and the performances will keep coming

MThomas

Martial under Mourinho is never going to be offered the same chance as other players to find consistency, play through a bad patch etc. If the roles was swapped vs Everton and Martial was the one playing as badly as Rashford, he'd be nowhere near the first team for the foreseeable future. Rashford will more likely than not end up starting at the weekend. Simply because one has a long term future at the club, while the other one is going to fund someone the manager wants.
Can the MODS open up one of the Martial transfer threads ?

haram

Rashford is the better choice on the left, what do people expect?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Can the MODS open up one of the Martial transfer threads ?
Do you have credible evidence/source to suggest he's going to be transfered? Didn't think so, ain't going to happen.

SteveW

He's better than Rashford on the left and through the middle. Still think Jose could fit them both in if he wanted to. He just doesn't

SteveW

He prefers him because he is better than Martial on the left. It's quite simple.
You sure he is? Based on???

Martial is better in both positions imo. That's not a slight on Rashford who is a very good player in his own right

waza7111

Mourinho trusts Rashford a lot more and on the basis of his performances over the last year it's fully justified. Martial needs to regain Mourinho's trust by putting in world class performances in the last half hour of games or whenever he starts.

haram

All the caf sees is Martial dancing with the ball at his feet, which is a great sight. Mourinho is looking at much more + sees them both in training.

Martial is better than Rashford for that specific position but somehow Rashford keeps starting! Interesting! You all know better than Mourinho of course!

el3mel

So i'm allowed to discuss his future in this thread ? Or where should i discuss it
I suggest you open a thread in transfer forum and collect all your posts about him leaving there so it's only in one place I can ignore.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll probably start on wednesday against CSKA. Champions league or premier league, both are very important comps and both rashford and martial are doing well

luke511

All the caf sees is Martial dancing with the ball at his feet, which is a great sight. Mourinho is looking at much more + sees them both in training.

Martial is better than Rashford for that specific position but somehow Rashford keeps starting! Interesting! You all know better than Mourinho of course!
The man that sold De Bruyne and Lukaku

Gbenger

Martial is definitely better than Rashford on the left. I don't know how any sane person can debate that. It's only through the middle that is slightly debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.