6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AkaAkuma&

He looks like a lost child in a maze off the ball. Not United level at all. 2 years at the club, yet he is no better then when he started against Pool 2 years ago. Fecking shite.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He looks like a lost child in a maze off the ball. Not United level at all. 2 years at the club, yet he is no better then when he started against Pool 2 years ago. Fecking shite.
:houllier:

haram

I agree. He wasn't at his best today. Would you admit that Rashford was worse though?
Yes because he should have played Lukaku in. I don't get what he was doing there.

Definitely. If he scored that chance, wouldve been in the conversation for MotM, as it is, still a very good game.
He did not have a very good game at all.

Last edited:

kundalini

Saw tons of the ball yet the end product wasn't really there. Bad miss in the 2nd half.

nesty

Mixed-bag Martial.

There is games where he looks a world beater and others where he is simple meh.

redIndianDevil

He’s just a better version of Memphis Depay. Another Van Gaal player that doesn’t fit into the mold of a Manchester United player.

People hype him up cause he had a Ballon d’Or clause in his contract so they think that means he’ll definitely win it someday. I think that’s fecking laughable.

He’s scored a few goals for us but for all the hype he gets, you expect more from him. He isn’t on the level of Sane, Mbappe, Jesus and others. He just isn’t.

We would be better with someone like Perisic or Mahrez but people wouldn’t be able to look past Mourinho selling a young overhyped player to ensure he wins trophies.
The only people who are hyping Martial because of a Ballon d'or clause in his contract are in your MIND.

redIndianDevil

He’s just a better version of Memphis Depay. Another Van Gaal player that doesn’t fit into the mold of a Manchester United player.

People hype him up cause he had a Ballon d’Or clause in his contract so they think that means he’ll definitely win it someday. I think that’s fecking laughable.

He’s scored a few goals for us but for all the hype he gets, you expect more from him. He isn’t on the level of Sane, Mbappe, Jesus and others. He just isn’t.

We would be better with someone like Perisic or Mahrez but people wouldn’t be able to look past Mourinho selling a young overhyped player to ensure he wins trophies.
The only people who are hyping Martial because of a Ballon d'or clause in his contract are in your MIND.

el3mel

That miss was a shocker. Overall it was a mixed performance, nothing special to look at.

His sitter can't be forgiven, as much as those of Rashford's.

Greck

Miss was bad but he came alive to create the freekick opportunity that put us ahead. Overall mixed performance

Footyislife

Martial playing badly is still endurable or manageable. Rashford plays like he's drunk or something when out of form.
Didn't know being out of form constituted an entire season of bad decisions when in space lol. Martial suffers from inconsistency, but Rashford on the other hand suffers from a lack of awareness & talent.

Jeffthered

Martial is a joke. It's a joke that some still consider him as this amazing talent. Just watch him.

He thinks he is better than what he is. Clearly.

He is arrogant and has a limited football brain. One-dimensional.

Gbenger

Martial is a joke. It's a joke that some still consider him as this amazing talent. Just watch him.

I think you're describing someone else. :lol:

Wrong thread.

El Jefe

There was a moment in the 2nd half when Young was running at the Leicester defence and Martial could have made a run in behind to give him a serious opening at goal. What he ended up doing was running behind Young and letting him take on 3 players alone.

His movement is fecking terrible.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

What do you think of Rooney and Rio then?

Rooney said:
"Martial, ability-wise, is incredible. But it is, 'How do you get the best out of him?'.

"For me, his best position is inside-left. Knowing Anthony the way I know him, if you get the best out of him he is up there with the best ability-wise.

"Sometimes it is difficult to get to know him as a person or a character because of the way he is, but when you do get to know him, you just keep him happy."
Ferdinand said:
"I've been up there a few times. [I've] spoken to a few lads in the squad and every single one of them says the same thing: 'He could be whatever he wants to be. In terms of talent, he can rival anyone on the planet.'"

Discussing the Frenchman's attitude, he added: "I think it's about feeling the love.

"He needs an arm round him, he needs a real soft arm around his shoulder with a bit of cotton wool to make him feel like the man."

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This threads so weird. Both my commentators were pretty unanimous in thinking he was terrific today despite the miss. I thought he was very good overall, created plenty, found great positions and didn't lose it carelessly like half the others and just picked the right option plenty of times. He had a couple of brief spells where he had wasteful moments, and the miss was bad, but overall he was definitely good. At least a 7/10 IMO.

Also it can't be underestimated how literally everyone else in our attack looks way more fluid and composed with him on the pitch. Lukaku is twice the player with Martial on the pitch compared to without. Same with Lingard.

Eddy_JukeZ

Mixed bag. Some good and bad.

Surprised he missed that chance. His finishing has been pretty good this season.

Backrow Singer

As is often the case, did a couple of brilliant things backed up with some horrendous things. Doesn't do enough of the good stuff and that's why he's been in and out of the team.

I just want to see a performance from him in a 'big game' where he genuinly does it for 90 minutes. Clearly the ability is there but you just want to kick him up the backside sometimes.

Show some aggression mate and believe in yourself.

Andersons Dietician

Think he may be trying to challenge Hazard for the most fouled player in the prem. He’s won quite a few free kicks last few outings. Horrible miss but thought he was good today.

I really wish he’d attack the space more but on the occasions he does the ball never seems to find him. He went at space a few times today and the ball never came. Same in the last game actually as well.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

:lol:

Fecking hell. State of this

Member 5225

I just have to agree. It has been plain to see for so long now.
Only solace for me is how young he is, I hope he learns....and fast!

Mr Smith

This threads so weird. Both my commentators were pretty unanimous in thinking he was terrific today despite the miss. I thought he was very good overall, created plenty, found great positions and didn't lose it carelessly like half the others and just picked the right option plenty of times. He had a couple of brief spells where he had wasteful moments, and the miss was bad, but overall he was definitely good. At least a 7/10 IMO.

Also it can't be underestimated how literally everyone else in our attack looks way more fluid and composed with him on the pitch. Lukaku is twice the player with Martial on the pitch compared to without. Same with Lingard.
I agree. Unfortunately this thread is like every thread just after a match. The result has an undue influence on most opinions within that moment.

I was dumbfounded by his miss though. Would have put a lot of money on him putting that away.

Swift Football

Overall, I feel he had a very good outing today, looked bright and 'happy'. Obviously, all those misses including his kept the match open and ended up bitterly for us. But I am happy for his performances today.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Surprised at this thread. He should have at least tested the keeper with his chance but he played really well today. It's as if the all round play doesn't matter at all. His touch, passing, movement and dribbling was all great today. You could tell that he was the focal point of us creating openings for most of the game.

:lol:

Ashley R1+O

His movement is fecking terrible.
Good, bad, ugly, terrible, awful... Just PLAIN WEIRD.

It is WEIRD. Sometimes he won't even go forward into space off the ball when we have it, sometimes he'll daydream about and float around in poor positions off the ball. I love him to bits but I find him off the ball when we have it to just be a curious phenom. Watching him not make runs and not want to gobble up space is just plain bizarre. I don't know how to explain it.

I feel that miss was an 'I'm in my own head' miss. He was not having the greatest of games and coming off the other night, you can tell that everything is not flowing for him correctly.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all

Jesus!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good, bad, ugly, terrible, awful... Just PLAIN WEIRD.

It is WEIRD. Sometimes he won't even go forward into space off the ball when we have it, sometimes he'll daydream about and float around in poor positions off the ball. I love him to bits but I find him off the ball when we have it to just be a curious phenom. Watching him not make runs and not want to gobble up space is just plain bizarre. I don't know how to explain it.

I feel that miss was an 'I'm in my own head' miss. He was not having the greatest of games and coming off the other night, you can tell that everything is not flowing for him correctly.
What wasn't flowing properly? He missed a chance. Every forward misses the odd chance. His all round game was very good. Even if we look at end product he was involved in the first goal with the pass into the box and won he freekick for the second with a good dribble. He was the focal point of our attack.

You guys are incredibly impatient. He's superb for his age and a very good footballer in general. You would have detested young Ronaldo.

Ashley R1+O

What wasn't flowing properly?
His zen, his mojo, the juice, the sniff, his confidence, the rub of the green or the luck of the draw. Maybe if all of the above was flowing for him he'd have just scissored a volley at it first time, the touch he took was enough time for Morgan to put him under enough pressure to make him snatch at the chance. It is a miss or make league and you live by the edge of aura sometimes and you die by it sometimes.

You guys are incredibly impatient. He's superb for his age and a very good footballer in general. You would have detested young Ronaldo.
I am not assuming you mean myself, as I absolutely have plenty of time for our young guys including Lingard/ScottMcT/Rashford.

I don't know if it has anything to do with Ronaldo as his mentality for success was relentless, it didn't matter what was happening and whether he was missing. He still tried to pull everything off, that is why he eventually exploded like a shot from a gun and took off, (among other things like his talent and ability) so much and why you knew he would succeed. Fortunately for him we also had a very stable guiding base of experienced and disciplined professionals to guide him (Roanldo) which is something that both Rashford and Martial have the advantage of at the moment.

I personally don't see much of that drive in Martial, something I think that minutely separates him from Rashford who has it (or rather has seemed to have had it but lost it in the dog days of the last month or so).

If you're asking for patience, I've got plenty. I love these two and wouldn't trade them for anything and I want them to succeed and get that buzz that I got when Ronaldo was breaking through for us.

Jeffthered

What do you think of Rooney and Rio then?
Many former players undoubtedly have a level of knowledge and opinion that we can benefit from, and their views are far more informed than the likes of mine, of course and I respect that, for sure. However, they, like all of us provide opinion, and with all things,their opinion on a player is subjective. I agree that Martial has all the 'attributes' , physically, to be a top player. But I do not agree with other aspects of how some people assess his current game, and general progress. Surely a forum such as this should respect different views. How many times do I hear Owen Hargreaves describe Mikithariyan as a 'technical genius'. Really Owen? It's about application. As an example (or comparison) It's why Zaha looks a far more convincing player than a Martial (right now) because he is an understanding of his own game and, the limitations of his own game, and is applying it effectively to matches, far more effectively than Martial is currently able to.

Former players who are pundits also have to consider who will read and hear their comments. It's rare they really 'go in' on current players, because this could be very difficult for current players, and therefore they (former players) may choose to adopt a more diplomatic tone to any criticism, and this is understandable. But on occasions, I just disagree withe their views. For example, I don't agree this current Man City team should be considered one of the Premioership's best ever side (yet...!!) because I don't think they have a top, top defender at that club. That's just my opinion.

Re Martial, Gary Neville recently stated that Martial should be looking to score 20-odd Premiership goals a season, and questioned why he isn't.. and I happen to agree with these thoughts... there are reasons, some related to how the team is set up, definitely.. but some are all to do with Martial. His game is incomplete, incoherent, inconsistent... and is it changing? He is NOT a great dribbler... why he thinks he can slow a game down and dictate play, find clever passes etc I do not know... because that is not his game. He isn't Pogba, and I wonder whether he is trying to emulate a style of play that doesn't reflect who he is. I don't want Martial dropping deep and trying to orchestrate games. I want him destroying full backs, centre-halves, winning tackles, headers etc. He should be an absolute nightmare to play against. And he isn't. Right now, he isn't. Martial should be a forward wanting to score more goals, and it's rare you see him really dying to get into that box. Too many intricacies, setting dummies (they was an awful decision he made yesterday, when we had stretched the Leicester back-four and he dummies the ball, when he could have walked on to it and smashed it towards goal. A poor decision....). Mourinho is right, you have some players (Lukaku, Lindgaard, Martial, rashford) playing attacking football, which at times, lacks maturity. It's like excitable kids playing 7-a-side. When it comes off, fab... but you need a directness, a ruthlessness in attacking situations which we do not have.

Are you seriously telling me that Anthony Martial is playing a game that is close to being at a level that is going to consistently affect games, and take this team on to that next level? Sorry, I cannot see that... I want the guy to succeed. But he is a powerful, direct player, who SHOULD be looking to score goals, all sorts of goals.. scrappy, headed, both feet, lucky goals, disputed goals... that's why I was so excited when he scored that goal against Tottenham... it was an ugly, scrappy goal, but it was a massively important goal. He won us the game.

These runs into blind-alleys, and the fact that he simply cannot do anything except cut inside on his right-foot DO NOT in my opinion, represent the application of a great talent. It's the representation of a player who is struggling to apply his game. It's one-dimensional and he has to address this.

Jev

He made mistakes but was our biggest threat while he was on the pitch. Such strange reactions.

Blind17

May be it's just me but yesterday he missed because he had to shoot immediately after taking a touch, all his earlier goals he would take a look and place the ball perfectly.
I know it's not something to be proud of but certainly something to be corrected on training ground.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
May be it's just me but yesterday he missed because he had to shoot immediately after taking a touch, all his earlier goals he would take a look and place the ball perfectly.
I know it's not something to be proud of but certainly something to be corrected on training ground.
His first touch put it slightly behind him where he had to snatch at it, instead of ahead of him when he would have been able to place it smoothly like he normally does.

Blind17

His first touch put it slightly behind him where he had to snatch at it, instead of ahead of him when he would have been able to place it smoothly like he normally does.
His first touch took him to a very advantageous position where he could place it either side of goal keeper if given time, if it was eithet Rashford or Lukaku it would have gone straight to keeper.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Shouldn't have been taken off, one of the few payers with composure and that can hold the ball up. Thought he had an excellent game tbh. Him mata and matic were by far the best players on the pitch.

Jeffthered

Shouldn't have been taken off, one of the few payers with composure and that can hold the ball up. Thought he had an excellent game tbh. Him mata and matic were by far the best players on the pitch.
I must be watching a different game. Yes, he flaming well holds the ball up, holds the whole damn game up, from a player who should be an explosive player, injecting pace and power and skill in our attacking unit. Martial, in my opinion, isn't a player with composure.. Matic has composure, Pogba has composure.. Ibra has composure.. Carrick has composure.. these are composed players. Silva. Modric. Kane. Aguero. Couthinho. Hazard. These are players who in their own way play a game with composure.. complete control of their game and their role in the match.

Martial LACKS this. Look at his finish yesterday.

Martial gets on my t**s ... he needs a dominant game, like Mata (finally) delivered yesterday. Stop flattering to deceive and just get on and do it.

laughtersassassin

If you are all giving Martial stick then god help us. No he wasn't perfect he missed a good chance but at least he played decently. Won the free kick for Mata to score. Had Simpson having nightmares.

Our real problem is rashford. That boy hasnt had a good game in months and is playing in an extremely selfish way when he does. Someone needs to give him a clip around the ear.

Basically martial contributed to us nearly winning involved in both goals and dangerous in attack. Rashford contributed to us drawing by being selfish and come to think of it he did the same versus bristol.

Status
Not open for further replies.