5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadjer

Regardless of Martials intentions or what fans think the simple fact is that he's not available nearly enough and needs to be moved on.
That is a good enough reason to want him gone. Even if those injuries arent his fault, the injuries are a major problem. If someone wants him gone because of the injuries that is fine, what isnt fine is to make up stuff like 'lazy, cant stand competition, bad attitude, not good enough, bad in the dressing room'' or whatever else people make up and add to their posts as reasoning of wanting Martial to be gone.

Just a random example from this thread.

He can’t be injured all the time - he just can’t be arsed. Picks up a decent wage whether he plays or not. More inept managment by the top brass with that contract. Time to get rid please.
or

Isn’t it funny how we get a new ST and he suddenly gets injured. Does he not like competition?

Just some made up stuff as reasoning why he should be gone. I find it very strange people make up stuff like this. You could even call it annoying like the poster above this post does.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
We need him badly. I've defended him over the years but if he's still not available for this crucial run of fixtures then he needs moving on in the summer.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
We need him badly. I've defended him over the years but if he's still not available for this crucial run of fixtures then he needs moving on in the summer.
Yes we do paji, but there is not point relying on him, he will more often than not let you down.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Expect an apology from the ‘lazy, leech, sulker’ brigade any minute now.... (not really)

He didn’t come to us an injury prone player. Whatever his fault, the guy has every reason to feel aggrieved about the way his fitness has been managed under Ole.
Someone on page 102 said they actually “find themselves excited” whenever Martial is not fit. I think that tells you everything you need to know

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Unfortunately his glass body does not adapt to our fixtures list. Either congested or not, Martial must always have a medical problem.
Yes we do paji, but there is not point relying on him, he will more often than not let you down.
Shame, there was so much potential when we signed him and even now it's clear the talent is there. But if you're not available that talent is useless. It's why we eventually moved on from Saha.

Fahad Jawaid

Regardless of how much I rate him or whether these injuries are his fault or not. I believe we need a striker we can rely on.

I honestly believe this season we had just as much chance as Arsenal of winning the league. But the major difference is their whole team bar Jesus who was available till the world cup and has been constant and available.

Whereas we signed Casemiro late in the window. When we had already lost two matches. And then in the crucial matches he was out (Leeds and Arsenal).

Plus we had Martial out almost all season. It has resulted us requiring Rashford to play upfront but then our threat from the wings were reduced. For all the talent Garnacho is, currently he is not at the level of Martial or Rashford.

Imagine us with Kane this season. We would be atleast have won Palace away Chelsea away, and Leeds matches and that's on top of my head. We are already six points better.

Smores

His stats are decent compared to how he has started - a goal or assist every 2 games.

But the guy is just not starting games for us.
Not really, he's in the 30th percentile for XG, 44th for non penalty goals, 21st for shots, 31st for xAG, 25th aerials won. Not the stats of a decent top 4 striker.

His injuries always elevate his performances on here. The biggest issue is that he's simply not good enough to be our starting striker if we get to the level we aspire to be it. He might be the best we've currently got but we'll still need to move on.

As a backup he's too unreliable as you can't have an injury prone backup. If we can afford to keep him on but get two other strikers in then great as he'd offer something different.

Raven

Not really, he's in the 30th percentile for XG, 44th for non penalty goals, 21st for shots, 31st for xAG, 25th aerials won. Not the stats of a decent top 4 striker.

His injuries always elevate his performances on here. The biggest issue is that he's simply not good enough to be our starting striker if we get to the level we aspire to be it. He might be the best we've currently got but we'll still need to move on.

As a backup he's too unreliable as you can't have an injury prone backup. If we can afford to keep him on but get two other strikers in then great as he'd offer something different.
When your sole basis for a player not being good enough is a limited set of stats, it's usually not a great argument. His main problem is his fitness, not his quality.

Smores

When your sole basis for a player not being good enough is a limited set of stats, it's usually not a great argument. His main problem is his fitness, not his quality.
Limited? They're the very fundamentals of a striker. If you wish to discount them because they don't fit your narrative so be it but it doesn't change that they exist.

As for sole basis that's laughable considering we had to very recently ship him out on loan for not being good enough and even they didn't want him.

We're relying on Ten Hag to make something better out of him and we should hope he does but that doesn't change the fact as yet he hasn't shown it.

Raven

Limited? They're the very fundamentals of a striker. If you wish to discount them because they don't fit your narrative so be it but it doesn't change that they exist.

As for sole basis that's laughable considering we had to very recently ship him out on loan for not being good enough and even they didn't want him.

We're relying on Ten Hag to make something better out of him and we should hope he does but that doesn't change the fact as yet he hasn't shown it.
You offered 4 stats, so yes, limited.

You offered no other argument, so yes, sole. He was injured almost straight away on loan, which contributed to them not wanting him.

Oranges038

You offered no other argument, so yes, sole. He was injured almost straight away on loan, which contributed to them not wanting him.
Did you watch him play for Sevilla?

Smores

He played 500 minutes in La Liga and didn't get a single goal so that probably has something to do with it.

Oranges038

He was alright but not initially, showed his technical ability and decent link up but then suffered an injury and that was pretty much the end of his season.

So like 5 and half games out of about 20?
I watched several and he was fairly poor.

He played a couple of games. Got a goal and an assist. Injured, then just wandered about while the games went on around him for the rest of the season. Mirrored his United career of late.

12 games, 9 starts, 1 goal, 1 assist and 670 odd minutes in total. Sevilla fans even went as far as booing him off the pitch, such were his efforts. There were 5 or 6 games where he wasn't even reported as being injured, they just didn't put him in the squad.

It was reported as early as April that they were fed up of him and wouldn't be making any effort to make the deal permanent.

Raven

I watched several and he was fairly poor.

He played a couple of games. Got a goal and an assist. Injured, then just wandered about while the games went on around him for the rest of the season. Mirrored his United career of late.

12 games, 9 starts, 1 goal, 1 assist and 670 odd minutes in total. Sevilla fans even went as far as booing him off the pitch, such were his efforts. There were 5 or 6 games where he wasn't even reported as being injured, they just didn't put him in the squad.

It was reported as early as April that they were fed up of him and wouldn't be making any effort to make the deal permanent.
That sounds similar to my take, no? Decent at first but then got injured and that was pretty much his season over? Not that the injury literally ended his season but like we're seeing here this season, he simply can't stay fit.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

This season he is 66th percentile for xG, 77th for non penalty xG, 83rd for non xG. 23rd for aerials won, but we already knew he was shite in the air. He makes it up with the rest of his game — he’s 99th percentile in assist.

Oranges038

That sounds similar to my take, no? Decent at first but then got injured and that was pretty much his season over? Not that the injury literally ended his season but like we're seeing here this season, he simply can't stay fit.
He only missed 3 games through injury.

He was just playing so shite when he was on the pitch it got to the point where they just couldn't be arsed with him. In the last 6 games he appeared for 20 mins.

crossy1686

career ending
Just feck him off now. The forwards we’ve had over the years and people are arguing for this guy makes me wonder what people thought of Rooney, Ruud, Rvp, Cole, Yorke etc.

As a collective we still can’t decide whether or not he’s good enough, which unfortunately means he’s not. We should have a unified opinion of his abilities after the length he’s been at the club. Times up.

Raven

He only missed 3 games through injury.

He was just playing so shite when he was on the pitch it got to the point where they just couldn't be arsed with him. In the last 6 games he appeared for 20 mins.
Is it confirmed that he wasn't missing through injury or are you just checking transfermarkt? You're probably right though, I didn't follow Sevilla at all really, only tuned in to watch him up until his injury.

Raven

Just feck him off now. The forwards we’ve had over the years and people are arguing for this guy makes me wonder what people thought of Rooney, Ruud, Rvp, Cole, Yorke etc.

As a collective we still can’t decide whether or not he’s good enough, which unfortunately means he’s not. We should have a unified opinion of his abilities after the length he’s been at the club. Times up.
Dumb logic.

Because not every single person on this forum has my view point it means my view point is correct.

Oranges038

Is it confirmed that he wasn't missing through injury or are you just checking transfermarkt? You're probably right though, I didn't follow Sevilla at all really, only tuned in to watch him up until his injury.
It looks like he was not officially out with injury. But as with his time here, ok for one brief appearance and that's it for 3 or 4 games. Who knows.

He's a talented player. But he's just not up to playing as much as he is needed. Utd have carried him for long enough, it's time he was shown the door.

Raven

It looks like he was not officially out with injury. But as with his time here, ok for one brief appearance and that's it for 3 or 4 games. Who knows.

He's a talented player. But he's just not up to playing as much as he is needed. Utd have carried him for long enough, it's time he was shown the door.
I agree with you on this. I took exception to someone saying he isn't good enough, which I believe he is. His injury record is just too much for us to keep him.

crossy1686

career ending
Dumb logic.

Because not every single person on this forum has my view point it means my view point is correct.
Where did I say that? Why resort to extremism?

How many people on here during Ruud, Rooney or RVP’s time were questioning whether or not they had what it took to make it at United? Did you see a single discussion about whether they would ‘come good’ at some point once they got over their injuries? Was there ever a discussion that took place that had the caveat ‘yeah but his link up play is where he’s best’.

Course not, their ability was never in doubt, their desire was never in doubt. None of them had multiple conditions have to be true to be a good player.

Martial isn’t good enough, and it’s that simple, that might be my personal view and you’ll see in the summer that my view is shared by people at the club who make the big decisions.

eire-red

He's made of glass. We need someone more reliable. Should be sold in the summer to fund a top CF.

A shame really, I truly think he had the potential to be world class.

Raven

Where did I say that? Why resort to extremism?

How many people on here during Ruud, Rooney or RVP’s time were questioning whether or not they had what it took to make it at United? Did you see a single discussion about whether they would ‘come good’ at some point once they got over their injuries? Was there ever a discussion that took place that had the caveat ‘yeah but his link up play is where he’s best’.

Course not, their ability was never in doubt, their desire was never in doubt. None of them had multiple conditions have to be true to be a good player.

Martial isn’t good enough, and it’s that simple, that might be my personal view and you’ll see in the summer that my view is shared by people at the club who make the big decisions.
You said "As a collective we still can’t decide whether or not he’s good enough, which unfortunately means he’s not".

iHicksy

He's been absolutely fantastic for us under ETH's management. However, he is the Phil Jones of number 9's.

Status
Not open for further replies.