Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Really pissed me off this season. He just doesn’t have the drive to play through pain. Ten Hag eluded to that earlier in the season.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It's ok he might be available for the last game of the season.

OrcaFat

He's been absolutely fantastic for us under ETH's management. However, he is the Phil Jones of number 9's.
Yeah he’s nearly as bad as PJ. But as far as I know he is just getting minor injuries in different parts of his body at the moment.

I don’t want to keep on with this too much but I still think it’s possible he’ll be injured less in future. There are some players who started off injury prone and settled down later in their careers but I suppose they are the exceptions.

ETH likes him because he carries out his brief. I don’t know if Kane could work to the same instructions, i.e. pressing by closing off space but I think he’d be the best fit to come in for Tony.

I can’t see anyone paying us for Tony so might as well just keep him around and use him when he’s fit.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really pissed me off this season. He just doesn’t have the drive to play through pain. Ten Hag eluded to that earlier in the season.
Ten Hag also just said that Martial is the player who spends the most hours in Carrington. He’s a lazy wanker who won’t play through pain or he’s trying his hardest to get fully fit. Which is it?

Raven

And you believe that's a factually incorrect statement or do you think I'm the only person who thinks he should be sold?
What are you even talking about? This is a subjective topic, there aren't any facts to talk about. I believe that if we can find a buyer we should move him on because he's just not at all reliable.

Raven

Ten Hag also just said that Martial is the player who spends the most hours in Carrington. He’s a lazy wanker who won’t play through pain or he’s trying his hardest to get fully fit. Which is it?
Ten Hag's a fecking liar, haven't you heard?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Ten Hag is probably right, it's not like Martial wants to be injured and he's tried hard and usually played well when available this season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really dont understand how he keeps getting injured.

He barely played 20 minutes, scored a goal then goes missing again.

Ten Hag put his all into Martial and he can't even keep himself fit, very disappointing.

1 thing for sure, he won't be first choice next season no matter what.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I really dont understand how he keeps getting injured.

He barely played 20 minutes, scored a goal then goes missing again.

Ten Hag put his all into Martial and he can't even keep himself fit, very disappointing.

1 thing for sure, he won't be first choice next season no matter what.
He can't even be a backup with his fitness record. He's not even a real footballer at this point. No point in assigning a squad place to somebody who is permanently injured.

Adam-Utd

He can't even be a backup with his fitness record. He's not even a real footballer at this point. No point in assigning a squad place to somebody who is permanently injured.
He's lucky that he's quite talented, as most people would have sacked him off by now. It's frustrating that when he does play he really does make a difference.

I really though this season would be different for him, but it seems like since Ronaldo has left, he's gone back to his old habits.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He's lucky that he's quite talented, as most people would have sacked him off by now. It's frustrating that when he does play he really does make a difference.

I really though this season would be different for him, but it seems like since Ronaldo has left, he's gone back to his old habits.
Don't like this post. What is it about being injured that is due to his 'habits'?

Mr.Hik

Gone in the summer. No sane manager would bild attack around him.

Adam-Utd

Don't like this post. What is it about being injured that is due to his 'habits'?
taking a long time to get fit, collapsing at the first sign of a wince of pain.

You can't genuinely still be defending Martial after all this time. It's the same story over and over.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
taking a long time to get fit, collapsing at the first sign of a wince of pain.

You can't genuinely still be defending Martial after all this time. It's the same story over and over.
It doesn't seem right to get at a player who has injury issues. Very likely it is not his fault at all. I get that it is frustrating though.

Raven

It doesn't seem right to get at a player who has injury issues. Very likely it is not his fault at all. I get that it is frustrating though.
It's amazing that people still believe that someone like Ten Hag would tolerate a lazy and uncommitted player when he's shown that he won't.

Adam-Utd

Doesn't mean we need to have sympathy either. He's unreliable and has been for years now.

We will never win anything hoping to rely on him as our number 1. Perhaps as a back up in the future.

It's amazing that people still believe that someone like Ten Hag would tolerate a lazy and uncommitted player when he's shown that he won't.
What choice has he got? he's not getting rid of him before we can replace him. Lets see how tolerant he is in the summer.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Keep seeing how ETH doesn’t seem to think Martial is in his plan but whenever he speaks about him, he always seem to indicate how important Martial is and also praised his work ethic to return from injury and how unfortunate his injuries are.

crossy1686

career ending
What are you even talking about? This is a subjective topic, there aren't any facts to talk about. I believe that if we can find a buyer we should move him on because he's just not at all reliable.
Then why pull me up on a comment about a large group of the fanbase think he isn't up to scratch and therefore he should be sold then, especially if you think the same!

We wouldn't even be having this discussion if he was a world class forward that we've had before!

We can only hope Inter are feeling desperate and have some money to burn again, especially as it seems Lukaku will be back to stink up the place at Chelsea.

crossy1686

career ending
Keep seeing how ETH doesn’t seem to think Martial is in his plan but whenever he speaks about him, he always seem to indicate how important he is and also praised his work ethic to return from injury and how unfortunate his injuries are.
Does he? He always seems frustrated when questioned about his availability, almost suggesting he's ruling himself out of games if he feels tightness in his muscles.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Does he? He always seems frustrated when questioned about his availability, almost suggesting he's ruling himself out of games if he feels tightness in his muscles.
That's some next level interpretation :lol:

Ten Hag is probably right, it's not like Martial wants to be injured and he's tried hard and usually played well when available this season.
As far as we're concerned he should be considered as being 100% right tbh. Any crazy scenario imagined and believed (Martial being lazy and having a low pain threshold) is pure lunacy

Raven

Doesn't mean we need to have sympathy either. He's unreliable and has been for years now.

We will never win anything hoping to rely on him as our number 1. Perhaps as a back up in the future.

What choice has he got? he's not getting rid of him before we can replace him. Lets see how tolerant he is in the summer.
We absolutely should have sympathy, it looks at this stage like he's heading for early retirement unless he can drastically change his injury record. That's sad to watch.

I'm in agreement that we need a top striker but there's no reason to blame Martial for his injury problems. Ten Hag has done nothing but praise him but he's a realist and I'm sure his top target this summer will be someone like Kane.

Jev

He literally mentions every time how he makes us better and how much of a shame it is that he hasn't been more available. He's clearly frustrated with his injuries, as is Martial undoubtedly, because he's very obviously a big fan of him.

Raven

Then why pull me up on a comment about a large group of the fanbase think he isn't up to scratch and therefore he should be sold then, especially if you think the same!

We wouldn't even be having this discussion if he was a world class forward that we've had before!

We can only hope Inter are feeling desperate and have some money to burn again, especially as it seems Lukaku will be back to stink up the place at Chelsea.
Because that's not what you said. You said people couldn't decide whether he was good enough so that means he's not good enough.

MadMike

Real shame this, both for us and for him. We know he's a talented player and the manager likes him and says he tries hard. He really won't get a better chance than this season to stake a claim for the starting #9 spot.

If he had stayed fit he might have made the spot his own. The team would be better off this season and then we'd only be in the market for an understudy next summer. But the way things are going we might be looking for potentially 2 strikers, 1 of which will be for the starting position and the other one for depth. Since Martial is failing to prove reliable enough to even provide cover.

So instead of staking his claim, this season might just be the beginning of the end of his time here. Sad.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm stretching a bit, I've only seen him talk about his injuries once...
As you recognize it, all is good. Being frustrated that he is constantly injured is understandable but that frustration should never turned into a form of blame. No one wants more to be on the pitch than Martial

crossy1686

career ending
Unbelievable. Rashford has been the target of endless shit flinging, does that mean he isn't good enough?
Remember how many people wanted to boot Shaw and Rashford out of the club a few months ago?
Shaw probably should have been sold years ago if we'd had decent managers, either that or he'd have played better like he is now. Rashford was never going to get sold, he's played a good chunk of 18 months through injury and his ability has always been there. Martial can't get it right under and manager and doesn't score enough, it's cut and dry on him.

Raven

Shaw probably should have been sold years ago if we'd had decent managers, either that or he'd have played better like he is now. Rashford was never going to get sold, he's played a good chunk of 18 months through injury and his ability has always been there. Martial can't get it right under and manager and doesn't score enough, it's cut and dry on him.
So you're agreeing that there's a debate on both players then? Hmmmm.

crossy1686

career ending
So you're agreeing that there's a debate on both players then? Hmmmm.
Not really, not at this point. The two you mentioned are playing great, the one in question here has been shite for his entire United career bar a promising first season and a 6-8 month purple patch once.

This is his 7th season, the jury's out.

JohnnyKills

Not really, not at this point. The two you mentioned are playing great, the one in question here has been shite for his entire United career bar a promising first season and a 6-8 month purple patch once.

This is his 7th season, the jury's out.
Shite? Come on mate...

poleglass red

Keep seeing how ETH doesn’t seem to think Martial is in his plan but whenever he speaks about him, he always seem to indicate how important Martial is and also praised his work ethic to return from injury and how unfortunate his injuries are.
that's good man management, you need to keep all the players on board until the end of the season, what happens then is a different story though

JohnnyKills

Injured again apparently.

I think there are two options now:

1. If the club think he's broken beyond repair or he's got some kind of mental block, we should look to get rid. It'll be difficult, though, given his recent injury history and the fact he's only got a year left on his contract. Bet Sevilla are delighted they took him off our hands for six months...

2. If the club think he can be fixed, we should trigger the extra year on his contract (or offer him a one-year extension), buy a new striker and send him for surgery as soon as the season is over. Rashford looks a different player after his op so hopefully they can do the same for Martial. No point doing it if we can't get him to commit beyond 2024 though, as someone else could just pick him up when his contract runs out and get the benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.