View full 2014-15 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Eugenius

I don't understand Valencia. It's like he plays crap to troll us all, then occasionally reveals he actually can beat his man or put in a decent cross once every few games, before putting in tumescent performances again.

He's been steady as a wing back, and probably prefer him to Rafa in this formation, but if he actually started pulling his finger out more often you'd have to think we would have a heck of a wing partnership with Di Maria and him and could start playing with some width again.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Thought he was our best player today along with Blind, crosses not always there but he got past his man a few times and set up a few chances. Nobody else had any idea what to do apart from give it to him out on the right when we were counter attacking in the second half.

El Zoido

I wasn't impressed by his performance today, he continues to frustrate me. Taking on one player then wasting his next ball doesn't count as a good performance for me. His crosses are useless, he appears to just randomly hit the ball in the box and hope for the best. This is not how you cross to your centre forwards. He frequently makes the wrong decision in the final third, he's fast on his feet but slow in every other regard, he doesn't read the game well, can't pass accurately beyond about 5 yards, can't win headers, is reluctant to shoot and I just don't see what he offers the team at all.

Irrational.

Was really good today, was probably one of our most potent threats along with Mata.

He should be first choice RB/ RWB, ahead of Rafa.

The White Pele

He showed real drive at times today and beat players more often than he has for a long time. I will always be at a loss to explain though how a professional footballer plying his trade at that level can be so technically deficient when it comes to crossing, especially when he has been playing as a winger for most of his career.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was a good outlet down the right hand side for us again today. I think he's become less predictable than what he's shown in the past.

birdy2121

I wasn't impressed by his performance today, he continues to frustrate me. Taking on one player then wasting his next ball doesn't count as a good performance for me. His crosses are useless, he appears to just randomly hit the ball in the box and hope for the best. This is not how you cross to your centre forwards. He frequently makes the wrong decision in the final third, he's fast on his feet but slow in every other regard, he doesn't read the game well, can't pass accurately beyond about 5 yards, can't win headers, is reluctant to shoot and I just don't see what he offers the team at all.
He was one of the more solid performers today - our issues dont lie AV. If your going to diss him in a paragraph, I cant wait to read the chapters you will no doubt now have to write to be considered objective in your views? Or would you rather pick on AV and ignore the real culprits behind todays defeat?

lem8sh

Exactly. Still no end product whatsoever. Pointless.

bugmat

Only attacking player to do anything.

His touch is so underated.
This him and Mata appear to be our only players capable of playing one touch football also. I guess once there was no Young to do the attacking he decided to do some today, but you get the feeling he's wary of leaving Jones by himself adn given how Elia beat ol' Phil a few times today you can't blame him!

El Zoido

He was one of the more solid performers today - our issues dont lie AV. If your going to diss him in a paragraph, I cant wait to read the chapters you will no doubt now have to write to be considered objective in your views? Or would you rather pick on AV and ignore the real culprits behind todays defeat?
There are other culprits. As we're in the Antonio Valencia thread I thought I'd talk about Antonio Valencia. Mainly decided to contribute due to being so bemused that people considered his performance good today. If anything it shows how low of an opinion people hold of him.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Maybe we should try him in the same role as against Everton in the diamond, he has the pace and engine to cover when Rafael joins attack.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Was great to see him take players on again. Really want to see him put in these sort of performances more often. I think this is what frustrates me most about him. He showed today that he can beat and man and be positive, yet other games he is the most negative player on the park and kills off any sort of attack. Hopefully next game we see the same Valencia that turned up yesterday.

ZDwyr

My MotM. Thought he was solid. They attacked down Blackett's side a lot so he didn't do much defensively in the 2nd half but he was alright going forward. Pleased to see he actually beat his defender a few times. Deserves to keep the position from Rafael.

LeftyBlaster

People are really overhyping his performance. That goes to show how far standards have fallen. Final product was terribly inconsistent if not piss poor (again). So he beat his man a couple times more than usual. But did we create anything of note from the right? Or from him? No. Most of the time it went like this ; ball to Val, he stands still, knocks it back, ball gets recycled to centre backs.

Ixion

I'm not a big Valencia fan but he did well yesterday. The only player who wanted to try and beat their man to move forward instead of passing it around and going nowhere.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he looked back to his best in parts. When he realises he is actually fast and can dribble quite well it's amazing the difference. If only he had more confidence in himself to just tear defences up he could be a great player.

birdy2121

There are other culprits. As we're in the Antonio Valencia thread I thought I'd talk about Antonio Valencia. Mainly decided to contribute due to being so bemused that people considered his performance good today. If anything it shows how low of an opinion people hold of him.
Some players start at minus 10 in the fans mind and all objectivity about how they preform are judged by that benchmark. Sad really

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
People happy with these kind of performances just proves yet again how much standards have dropped. Blame the formation for everything seems to be the standard on here, not the lack of ability of certain squad members. Better than Shaw of course, who was dire, but feck me we miss a fit Rafael. I'm almost wanting us to buy someone like Coleman just to stop Valencia getting games.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was class yesterday I thought, hasn't had a bad performance in a while but yesterday was beating men at will. Great to see.

People are really overhyping his performance. That goes to show how far standards have fallen. Final product was terribly inconsistent if not piss poor (again). So he beat his man a couple times more than usual. But did we create anything of note from the right? Or from him? No. Most of the time it went like this ; ball to Val, he stands still, knocks it back, ball gets recycled to centre backs.
Well that's wrong, because he did create a chance for mata on the volley and played a few decent balls in, but he was the only one who took players on and really made some progress going forward instead of keeping it safe and not trying anything. Getting back to his old reliable form, hopefully.

NinjaFletch

He was better than usual, but he still wasn't good.

The post injury Valencia is genuinely one of the most horrific footballers I've seen play for us and we've been subjected to it for 3 years.

LeftyBlaster

Was class yesterday I thought, hasn't had a bad performance in a while but yesterday was beating men at will. Great to see.

Well that's wrong, because he did create a chance for mata on the volley and played a few decent balls in, but he was the only one who took players on and really made some progress going forward instead of keeping it safe and not trying anything. Getting back to his old reliable form, hopefully.
My point exactly. He was doing things that we would expect from any winger, and even then nowhere as good as any other wibger playing for the top teams. At least with Nani, barring his decision making, you knew that he was going to try and take on the defence with pace and make something happen.

marlowe78

It's easy to blame things on the formation we're using, but how about we acquire some wingers who can actually do things when they have the ball? He beat a few players yesterday but his end product is still abysmal and led to nothing. There was that one point in the first half, I believe, where he had a clear lane to shoot just outside of the box - an open shot at goal - and made a bullet cross on the ground into a maze of players. I couldn't believe my eyes.

acnumber9

My point exactly. He was doing things that we would expect from any winger, and even then nowhere as good as any other wibger playing for the top teams. At least with Nani, barring his decision making, you knew that he was going to try and take on the defence with pace and make something happen.
Nani would be fecking useless as a wingback so the comparison is pointless.

NM

He was better than usual, but he still wasn't good.

The post injury Valencia is genuinely one of the most horrific footballers I've seen play for us and we've been subjected to it for 3 years.
:lol:

He was the only attacking thrust in our team in the first half. Beat his man time and again and attacked spaces.

Laughable people don't see how well he is doing his job.