5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

He's technically a superb player hence his ball retention skills are of a very high level. He's also got that 'dawg in him' (as they say) and that fighting spirit adds to the effectiveness he provides both going forward and defensively.

He needs to improve his right foot and if he can improve on his right, then he's going to be a much bigger threat. Because some of the bad decisions he's making right now are due to him not being confident with the ball on his right foot.
passing, dribbling, crossing, shooting are all technical aspects of the game. If you dont excel in some of these then you cannot be superb technically.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
passing, dribbling, crossing, shooting are all technical aspects of the game. If you dont excel in some of these then you cannot be superb technically.
Those are attributes which are a extension of a players first touch and technique imo. First touch and technique is what I refer to as being strong technically.

The Liverpool Chief scout Barry Hunter was asked what he looked for when he scouted players. And he said the first thing he looked for was the player's technical ability when it came to touch and technique in confined spaces.

Olecurls99

having a winger that works this hard is brilliant for the team

its not like he's a clogger like Kuyt or anything either, he's got quality

if he can develop a bit more in terms of end-product, he'll be dynamite..
Good point. Kuyt with quality.

jesperjaap

Few bad games and he is poor, gets a goal and now he is really good....so many players performance threads read liek this haha.

Personally he is no way an £80m player or whatever he cost us, he has been frustrating at times and a bit of a show pony........but I hav ebeen quite content with what he has done so far. I think he has loads of ability. He presses well, he keeps the ball in tight spaces well, he has a wand of a left foot, he has good vision, he is a fighter and an entertainer.

Remind me a bit of young Ronaldo here and dont see him going to anywhere near that elvel, but I think there is an £80m player inside him, he just needs to gain confidence and develop his game as take away the tricks and its a little one dimensional at the moment. But not alone, its crazy how £80m really seems to buy talent and potential now, not the finished article.

I think he has been unfortunate at time with what he is trying to do and others a little sloppy with the ball. I think he is just lacking that yard of pace to be an elite player, but I do think he can go on to be a very good player, he does have a long way to go though still

Sylar

He really enjoyed that first half didn't he :lol: he's growing game by game and it's great to see

The United

His final product is lacking. We all know that, but his intensity and work rate are way ahead of the likes of Sancho and very useful in this kind of tight game.

Jev

He's usually good at ball retention but I don't know what happened to him during that second half. His decision making was a disaster and he was losing the ball all over the pitch constantly. That was really, really bad. Better in the first half but he still struggles so much to really make an impact because he's just not pacey enough to go past his opponent, Burn is one of the slowest full-backs you'll face and he didn't properly pass him once. I'm finding it hard to stay optimistic. He's had a lot of games now to come good and it's just very hard to see any standout abilities.

Sviken

He's usually good at ball retention but I don't know what happened to him during that second half. His decision making was a disaster and he was losing the ball all over the pitch constantly. That was really, really bad. Better in the first half but he still struggles so much to really make an impact because he's just not pacey enough to go past his opponent, Burn is one of the slowest full-backs you'll face and he didn't properly pass him once. I'm finding it hard to stay optimistic. He's had a lot of games now to come good and it's just very hard to see any standout abilities.
He wasn't the only one - Bruno, Rashford, Cas, etc. Honestly, all of our players were obviously knackered. The schedule is gruelling, so it is what it is.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Our players don't really like passing to him on counters for some reason. At least two times we've had the chance to put him one on one and they passed to someone else.

Did good, he is far more important player for us than Sancho.

Good game from him. He lost it a bit in the second half but stayed on so long because he was up and down the touchline constantly, in contrast to Rashford who wasn't helping Shaw at all.

Irwin99

Thought he very good in the first half. He really does wind opponent players right up doesn't he :lol:

UDontMessWith24

Considering his age and experience, could be better could be worse. Some rough moments but also some moments of brilliance where you can see his potential. Not done him any favors by allowing him to be the only left footed wide attacker in the squad as he's probably playing a little too much.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Didn't think he was that good today tbh after a fantastic second half impact against Barca.

Thought he gave the ball away too many times and again failed to create anything. Not that it mattered in the end though. :)

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Excellent first half. His ball retention was top class and embarrassed Burn on a few occasions.

Dropped off a bit in the second half, but that goes for most of the team as well.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thought he was quite good today, looks to be a bit quicker. Seems he was off getting some sort of new engine installed or something.

spiriticon

Good game today, but I wish he'd stop trying to beat the same man two or three times in a row

You done him once, now go forwards!

Gave Burn a hard time today, good to see. Hopefully he continues to torture full backs for the rest of the season.. Himself and Sancho will be swapping out a lot from now to the end of the season

Davie Moyes

He was feeling his groin early on in the second half and after that visibly struggled. I was surprised he stayed on so long after that.

hmchan

This is why Antony always has to beat the same man again and again despite all the skills. He doesn't have the pace to go past his opponents and allow them to recover easily. This is also the reason why most of his shots are tame efforts.

BarstoolProphet

Had a reverse Fred game today with him being very good in the first half and really bad in the second. He made all the wrong decisions, don't know what happened to him.

Suedesi

Big game player. Loved his confidence on the ball and courage to dance past 2 Newcastle defenders knowing he was going to get clattered.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was playing really well but wasn’t the same after his groin issue.

well don’t the first trophy!

Idxomer

Had a reverse Fred game today with him being very good in the first half and really bad in the second. He made all the wrong decisions, don't know what happened to him.
He hasn't looked to be able to perform for the whole game so far this season which is probably why he's always subbed.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought he was excellent in the first half - maybe one of his best games for us - and then a bit naff in the second half. Might have been a fitness thing to be fair.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I love his personality and work rate, such a big game player for the fact of how much he helps out his full back and it's no surprise AWB looks class when Antony is there as I think he has more confidence to come forward I do wish he would make more crosses or stop turning back and back himself to beat the man as he has the ability but I do also think we look to play in Rashford far more than Antony and he never gets that ball through to run onto, it's usually to his feet which is much harder but it's his first season in a new league and new team and I'm pleased so far considering he's scored against City, Arsenal & Barcelona.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His work rate is immense, kept ball really well at least for most part.

Shame he didn't score, had couple of half chances.

Castia

Needs to be more direct, he always receives the ball and turns away from goal for some odd reason

Having said that it feels like 90% of our attacks always go down the left side when Antony is in space down the right, we need to work better in mixing it up

GMoore23

He's literally just back from injury and nowhere near at full match fitness.
He gave it 100% and absolutely ran the legs off himself for the team.
That's why even when unfit, he's trusted more than Sancho.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He could have a similar career trajectory as Mo Salah. Not in terms of type of player, but in terms of maturing mentally and physically up to the age of 24/25. Not sure he can have the same physique as Salah, but it can obviously improve.

What is interesting with Antony is his ball retention (that tells us alot about his ability on the ball) and the way he strikes the ball. The move to Man Utd probably came a year to early for him, but this summer we would have been fighting with Liverpool and maybe even Real Madrid fir him.

Status
Not open for further replies.