5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malone_Post

Having two wingers who just stop all our attacks so they can cut inside onto their other foot is maddening. At least Valencia could keep the momentum of a move
And we paid roughly £160 million for the privilege too.

Two absolute garbage wingers, who have the exact same deficiencies, who will never be top level players. Our recruitment is perplexing.

Telsim

Lidl Robben is not enough, needs to add much more to his game.

When a winger gets a one v one it should mean threat not the attack ending.
Apt description. Every time I see him with the ball I try to guess how he is going to lose it. The fact that we paid like 150M GBP or whatever for him and Sancho is just... No words.

Bobski

I can't really see past him being a squad player at best. He can contribute, but he is nothing in comparison to players like Saka. I don't see him getting anywhere near him.

Have no idea why anyone thinks he is like Robben and Di Maria, either. He is nothing like them.
He is a cut in and shoot spammer, of which Robben may be the premier exponent. Now Robben had much more to his game as well, but it is an ugly ass play style at the best of times.

El Jefe

He's world class at making decisions that reduce the likelihood of a goal. I don't think I've ever watched a wide player who ruins so many potential opportunities by driving the opposite direction to where the space and danger for the opposition is.

mu4c_20le

Apt description. Every time I see him with the ball I try to guess how he is going to lose it. The fact that we paid like 150M GBP or whatever for him and Sancho is just... No words.
Sancho actually looked like a future balon d'or contender for two seasons though

Ludens the Red

He's world class at making decisions that reduce the likelihood of a goal. I don't think I've ever watched a wide player who ruins so many potential opportunities by driving the opposite direction to where the space and danger for the opposition is.
That on in the first half with the gigantic space down Southampton left was one of the funniest things I’ve probably ever seen on a pitch. It was actually insane to watch. It was like in that moment his brain was broken.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah he wasn't though. Once again he failed to actually do anything. Had one great opportunity to go into box and shoot with his right and refused.

Poor player.
He was. Which was this great opportuniy? Was it a one on one ?

wangyu

I don't get it, why was he one of our betters players today? He slows down the game and is one dimensional.
In the first half there was a moment where one acceleration would have stretched the game but instead he cut inside where he was faced by 4 Southampton players. In the 2nd half later on Mctominay was in possession and played a poor pass to Antony because Antony wants the ball in his feet ( to cut inside) if he had been running down the space instead McTominay could have played the ball deep and it would have been dangerous.

I am not a fan of inverted wingers unless there is an actual attacking wingback behind them

Malone_Post

That on in the first half with the gigantic space down Southampton left was one of the funniest things I’ve probably ever seen on a pitch. It was actually insane to watch. It was like in that moment his brain was broken.
He plays like he’s blind in his right eye. Just doesn’t see anything unless it’s too his left. His only intention when he gets on the ball is to cut inside, regardless of the situation or what’s going on around him. One of the stupidest footballers I’ve seen.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He was. Which was this great opportuniy? Was it a one on one ?
Southampton had got sucked over and he had acres of space to get into box and shoot on his right foot. Plenty of people above have been saying same thing.

Zero assists in the PL and it's the middle of March. He's bobbins mate.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He is a cut in and shoot spammer, of which Robben may be the premier exponent. Now Robben had much more to his game as well, but it is an ugly ass play style at the best of times.
Difference with Robben is he could also dribble past defenders at ease, had a fantastic cross and throughball and was a far more convincing diver.

And better haircut of course.

amolbhatia50k

Southampton had got sucked over and he had acres of space to get into box and shoot on his right foot. Plenty of people above have been saying same thing.

Meh that was not a great chance. Just a half decent break. He’s been disappointing for sure but today he was one of the better players while he was on. But he’s become a scapegoat for many.

AndySmith1990

Like Sancho I thought we'd finally have a quality player on the right. But unfortunately just like Sancho he's also shit. Ffs

SATA

That was absolutely infuriating to watch. Did he even see the open space right in front of him where he could run into and open up the play? Instead he just chooses to cut inside as usual and pass it to Bruno in front of a crowded area :houllier:

UDontMessWith24

I don't get it, why was he one of our betters players today? He slows down the game and is one dimensional.
In the first half there was a moment where one acceleration would have stretched the game but instead he cut inside where he was faced by 4 Southampton players. In the 2nd half later on Mctominay was in possession and played a poor pass to Antony because Antony wants the ball in his feet ( to cut inside) if he had been running down the space instead McTominay could have played the ball deep and it would have been dangerous.

I am not a fan of inverted wingers unless there is an actual attacking wingback behind them
Can you name a single big club that doesn’t use inverted wingers?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Meh that was not a great chance. Just a half decent break. He’s been disappointing for sure but today he was one of the better players while he was on. But he’s become a scapegoat for many.
In your opinion. But reading back through the his thread you've been defending him a lot so I'm probably wasting my time as you're clearly a bit blinkered.

He's nowhere near good enough for us. PL defenders have already worked him out. If he doesn't start going on his right foot soon he's going to be dropped.

wangyu

Can you name a single big club that doesn’t use inverted wingers?
I have not said we should not use them but it clearly doesn't work for us. We barely create chances, we scored 41 goals. There is a good possibility we will end the season with just about 55 goals scored. Add to that the amount of money our attacking players cost and it is a very poor return.

I don't care what other clubs do I don't watch them

amolbhatia50k

In your opinion. But reading back through the his thread you've been defending him a lot so I'm probably wasting my time as you're clearly a bit blinkered.

He's nowhere near good enough for us. PL defenders have already worked him out. If he doesn't start going on his right foot soon he's going to be dropped.
No I’m presenting someone else’s opinion. Isn’t that how this works?

Someone

Something
Still useless imo. He'll score his trademark goal here and there but all in all he contributes nothing.

MagooDad

Difference with Robben is he could also dribble past defenders at ease, had a fantastic cross and throughball and was a far more convincing diver.

And better haircut of course.
Robben also was the best body feigning, outside of Messi. Everyone knew he would cut inside, but not when.

And he always did a body feignt right before actually cutting inside, so the defender was off balance to accelerate fast enough to do a tackle. Robben also always had an idea where the goalkeeper were located and he always timed it with his fullback doing an overlap, so he had an backup plan if the feigning went wrong.

Antony just cuts inside and hopes he's faster the the opposition and when he actually is faster, he starts planning what to do next...

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
If you think he and Sancho were the problems today you suck.

They were fine and each created a clear cut chance.

Our midfield was shambles and Bruno was lost and rashford was off.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

That's really unbelievable.

Watching him play is not that far off though, for a winger/inside forward he creates almost nothing for his teammates.

IFC 1905

I can't really see past him being a squad player at best. He can contribute, but he is nothing in comparison to players like Saka. I don't see him getting anywhere near him.

Have no idea why anyone thinks he is like Robben and Di Maria, either. He is nothing like them.
both Robben and Di Maria play a complete different sport compared to this guy.
Di Maria under ETH would've been amazing to watch.

AjaxNL

What do Ajax fans or those that watched him then think? Are you surprised he's been this bad?

Not surprised at all, his flaws were there for all to see. His strengths too, btw, so I think he will improve on his cutting inside and shooting/setting up a teammate

Sylar

Assists isn't the marker stat as compared to chances created, especially good chances created. If chances created as a winger is low that is more damning.

He did ok, thought much better than Sancho but we hope to see much more given his position.
Feel like we will see better from him in the European games.

I am surprised we haven't switched Antony and Sancho at times just to keep defenders on their toes

Stacks

Assists isn't the marker stat as compared to chances created, especially good chances created. If chances created as a winger is low that is more damning.

He did ok, thought much better than Sancho but we hope to see much more given his position.
Feel like we will see better from him in the European games.

I am surprised we haven't switched Antony and Sancho at times just to keep defenders on their toes
he is bottom percentage for chances created also

Sylar

he is bottom percentage for chances created also
That would defo be more damning then.

He's not great in terms of our counter attacks as he doesn't release the ball early enough at times and always is predictable in what he's going to do.

One attack today Southampton basically showed him all the space outside and had two players positioned for the cut back on his left foot.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s really poor. He has a very limited skill set

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Trossard got 3 assists today. £25m.

That's embarrassing what we paid for him. Trossard is the better player too.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
That would defo be more damning then.

He's not great in terms of our counter attacks as he doesn't release the ball early enough at times and always is predictable in what he's going to do.

One attack today Southampton basically showed him all the space outside and had two players positioned for the cut back on his left foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.