View full 2022-23 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need sustained quality consistently first. He's had a good game and then 5 games where he's a total liability. Sorry, I don't change my midn that easily.
No-one needs you to change your mind, but continuing your clearly campaign against a player even after a good performance is odd, disturbing as feck.
No-one forces you to post anything if you don’t fancy saying anything nice after a good outing.

Djemba-Djemba

Brilliant when he came on, said it a million times but we look so much better and balanced when he's playing.

Loved that he came on and immediately started to wind their fullback up, need more of that. If we aren't playing well , make it a battle and try to provoke them.

He just needs to stop getting ill so much!

arnie_ni

he is, he is probably the easiest winger to play against. I think most lbs already noticed, you just dont let him cut inside and the job is done by itself. He offers nothing to our game in 95% of our games.
Total bull. You can pass the ball to him when being pressed and he's also being pressed and he'll keep the ball and take the pressure of us. That's just one thing he offers.

IFC 1905

No-one needs you to change your mind, but continuing your clearly campaign against a player even after a good performance is odd, disturbing as feck.
No-one forces you to post anything if you don’t fancy saying anything nice after a good outing.
Sorry, I didn't know you must only say nice things. I thought anyone could say anything respectfully towards other posters. You're exagerating a bit about what I'm saying. Maybe, more than me being disturbing as feck, it's that you're too sensible, mate.

zaafi

he is, he is probably the easiest winger to play against. I think most lbs already noticed, you just dont let him cut inside and the job is done by itself. He offers nothing to our game in 95% of our games.
He is so easy to play against he is usually doubled down on. I agree that he should generally do better, but this is a weird take especially after today's game.

Sorry, I didn't know you must only say nice things.
You can say bad things pal, it’s just disturbing when posters get so into their agenda after a good performance that they can’t just let it be. Stay out of the thread if you dislike the player that much.
To come into a player’s thread after a good performance and continue the abuse, it’s really fecking weird.

wangyu

Not a brilliant 90 million player by all means but it is the best we got. Better than Sancho by a landslide.

Chief123

Looked really good today. Despite some frustrating performances you can always see he has something about him that will be good once he clicks.

Pundits really need to work out whether he’s quick or slow though. I’ve heard co-commentators say he doesn’t have the pace to go past anyone and then Dixon saying today you have to get tight against someone with pace like Antony.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think he’s growing into the team more and more each week, his output still isn’t quite there but he does bring something to the team and I’m confident his output will increase over time.

I think his attitude is just what we need too, opposition now hate him Bruno and to an extent, Martinez. We badly needed a bit of swagger and bite.

Chief123

Not a brilliant 90 million player by all means but it is the best we got. Better than Sancho by a landslide.
He’s the best right winger we have at the club. I know a lot have been calling for the likes of Pellestri ahead of him but Antony is still our best available.

CM

He changed the game for us today. Definitely the best attacking player on the pitch

wangyu

He’s the best right winger we have at the club. I know a lot have been calling for the likes of Pellestri ahead of him but Antony is still our best available.
We have ‘t seen enough of Pellistri but he is fighting now for his spot which is good, he appears quite determined when playing. He is definitely 2nd in line for the right imo

RedCurry

Came in with a mindset to turn around the game for us and played a pivotal role in doing so. I was fearing that we were just going to lose the game without really even trying. His mentality was infectious today. MOTM in my opinion.

Ibi Dreams

Looked really good today. Despite some frustrating performances you can always see he has something about him that will be good once he clicks.

Pundits really need to work out whether he’s quick or slow though. I’ve heard co-commentators say he doesn’t have the pace to go past anyone and then Dixon saying today you have to get tight against someone with pace like Antony.
I'm still not sure myself how quick he is. Looks fast at times and not particularly fast at others

Syphon Wallet

We have ‘t seen enough of Pellistri but he is fighting now for his spot which is good, he appears quite determined when playing. He is definitely 2nd in line for the right imo
He definitely isn't 2nd in line.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
We are always a better side with him on the pitch. And aside from giving as a much needed balance, he is a proper pain in the ass to play against (so not so 'easy to defend' as most people are claiming here). When you are pissing fullbacks right, left and center you know you have to be doing something right.

Malone_Post

Yet more evidence that the best version of this season’s Manchester United has always featured this bloke on the right wing. We’re just a much weaker team when he’s not involved.
I think that’s more down to Antony being the only inverted right winger we have in the whole squad, rather then his dazzling individual performances. When he’s not available we have to shoehorn a player out of their best position into the team. This is one of the biggest reasons we need Diallo to be able to make that step up into the squad next season so we have some competition for Antony and a like for like replacement when he’s not available.

Saying that, he was better today and finally got a pass into the final 3rd right for the Sancho penalty. Added his usual grit and fight to a game which we were letting just pass is by for the most part too.

I think pellistri is better on the right than either sancho elanga, Bruno or rashford. It is up for debate though I admit that.
Well we clearly give more minutes to Sancho and Garnacho, and we’d prefer to move players like Bruno or Rashford around to accommodate that.
So that puts Pellistri a fair bit down the list.

wangyu

Well we clearly give more minutes to Sancho and Garnacho, and we’d prefer to move players like Bruno or Rashford around to accommodate that.
So that puts Pellistri a fair bit down the list.
of course but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to see it differently. In my book he has done enough to be 2nd choice on the right. It says a lot that Bruno has to fill in that spot regularly as it is not his position. Pellistri is very close to change that.

Chief123

I'm still not sure myself how quick he is. Looks fast at times and not particularly fast at others
I’ll be honest I’m absolutely confused myself. He always looked rapid in the Dutch league. Since he’s joined us some games he looks really quick and other games he looks Maguire quick. There’s times where his legs are moving so fast I feel like we’re about to see smoke puff up, but then a Carragher-esque defender out paces him.

Syphon Wallet

I’ll be honest I’m absolutely confused myself. He always looked rapid in the Dutch league. Since he’s joined us some games he looks really quick and other games he looks Maguire quick. There’s times where his legs are moving so fast I feel like we’re about to see smoke puff up, but then a Carragher-esque defender out paces him.
He doesn't have that explosive acceleration, I'll agree his pace is hard to read at times.

He will never be the lightning quick that you generally need to outpace prem fullbacks.
But then I don't see many wingers in the Prem that do consistently beat the fullback.

Walters_19_MuFc

People will question his final product, and it's certainly something he needs to improve; however, his positioning is fantastic. The width he keeps allows us to, not only create overloads in wide areas, but the switch is always on, and if played at the right time, can really stretch teams.

In Rainbows

I think that’s more down to Antony being the only inverted right winger we have in the whole squad, rather then his dazzling individual performances.
I think it's also down to him staying wide, thus providing an outlet for our less technically gifted players. He helps us bring the ball forward.

Abraxas

Definitely made a difference today. Immediately went past the full back for once and got him booked which is exactly what we want to see more of.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Becoming one of my favourites, I love a grafter with a bit of shithouse wind up merchant about him, always gives 100% and always a chance of a goal.

lex talionis

Antony understood his job today, which was the change the course of the game. Did it fantastically.

DeGea

His unpredictability is both his strength and weakness, we do not know what we will get from him, but one thing for sure he looks like he always tries his very best, a south American trait I suppose. He does not look like he fears anyone, and loves to wind opponents up which is great when you are a bit flat in a game. The game needed him today, to inject a bit of enthusiasm into the game and get the crowd going too. He is still raw and I believe will get better with time. He is our Rottweiler, brilliant when you need a sub to come on and offer a bit of aggression.

Dominos

Isn't it annoying how much better our attacking players are off the bench than they are starting. Garnacho, Antony and Sancho always look lively off the bench and are liable to turn in a stinker when they next start a game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Bigger issue than his speed is his power, or lack of. There are faster wingers than him, but also wingers of similar or probably even less speed who find it easier to go past players than him, and that is because going past people is as much power as it is speed (and skill of course). Grealish skins full backs every game for example due to being a lot stronger.

Bertie Wooster

Isn't it annoying how much better our attacking players are off the bench than they are starting. Garnacho, Antony and Sancho always look lively off the bench and are liable to turn in a stinker when they next start a game.
So far that's a definite area to improve, yeah.

They're all making different levels of contributions but, as you say, mostly when used off the bench and are often a lot quieter when starting. Could definitely do with one of our right sided options finding some consistency when starting games.

RuudTom83

With him United have a right side, without him they don't!

The opposition back 4 should shuffle over to the left whenever Antony isn't in the team because United aint doing shit on the right side without him.

Drizzle

You're absolutely right. And I guess it's because it's a lot easier to impact a game against tired defenders, when we've usually sped our game up so balls arrive earlier and space is there to attack. And their orders are usually quite clear - be brave, attack the fullback and take risks to generate opportunities.

However, none of them are great (yet) in cagey or possession-based games where we need to work the ball patiently and wait for the right moments to get any meaningful space to work with.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I like Antony, he’s going to be one of those players people blame stuff on but we are a much better team with him playing on that wing.

Cas18

I like Antony, he’s going to be one of those players people blame stuff on but we are a much better team with him playing on that wing.
I like him too. He gets a lot of stick but we're definitely better with him playing. Think he's one of ETH's trusted players so will play if fit and he will improve with more experience of playing in the Premier league.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Played well when he came on. Nearly scored a wonderful goal also. Interesting player I genuinely think he could ‘burst onto the scene’ at some point over the next couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.