Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle 2:0 Man Utd

Sylar

So surprised he came off. Was having a good time against burn, held width and was our most dangerous attacker. Didn't understand him coming off as if negated our right side completely

el3mel

He's easily the most one dimensional player I have seen in my life.

He's taking the concept of "one trick pony" to a new level entirely.

PoTMS

He put in a 4/10 where everyone else ranged between 1 and 3. Awful signing regardless.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Even if it wasn’t coming off for him upfront, he helped Dalot more on that side than Sancho or Bruno did when they played there. He has a lot of fight and tries things, he should’ve had 90 minutes today, or at least been replaced with Pellistri straight away.

Idxomer

He was having a good game apart from a couple of speculative shots, a big mistake subbing him off.

kundalini

Desperately poor again. It is so obvious what he is going to do in almost every situation; the opposing keeper knows, the opposing defenders know.

House Mkhitaryan

I don't like his game at all. Possibly the most predictable player in the history of football. He is so limited by refusing to go right or use his right foot at all.

binary bot
He's easily the most one dimensional player I have seen in my life.

He's taking the concept of "one trick pony" to a new level entirely.
Its hard to watch when he has crossing opportunities on his right and just can’t do it, he starts doing those ball roll things instead.

Skills

Snitch
He doesn't have a threat on goal. At all. We should consider converting him to a full back for his ball carrying and recycling ability.

hp88

He should have stayed on, yeah he's pretty limited as a player but I reckon he might play well with Martial leading the attack, expecting the pair of them to start on Wednesday.

Chief123

So surprised he came off. Was having a good time against burn, held width and was our most dangerous attacker. Didn't understand him coming off as if negated our right side completely
Agree it was surprising considering Rashford was anonymous all game on the other side.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Thought he played quite well. Most dangerous attacker and was able to hold the ball. Didnt deserve to be subbed.

Not great by any means, but what more could he do really. The midfield, Dalot, and Weghorst were truly awful.

rajds89

Send him back to Ajax. He was only ever so slightly better than the majority on that pitch today and still did nothing to influence the game. Biggest waste of money since Sancho.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Surprised he was subbed off before Bruno, Mctominay, and even Rashford(but can understand why anyone would leave Rashford than him), had a decent game.

He seems annoyed and wants to fight when players foul him though, it's like he thinks he shouldn't be fouled or something? He really shouldn't be wasting his energy on fighting with opposition for nothing challenges, he got his fouls today and he should let ref do his job.

PSV

He put in a 4/10 where everyone else ranged between 1 and 3. Awful signing regardless.
Probably a decent explanation. Our "best" attacking player today.

However: He had two great assist opportunities and took neither.

I feel Sancho and him are opposites. Sancho seems to know what to do, but can't do it. Antony seems like he has no clue what to do, yet sometimes does things.

Abraxas

I thought he was our most likely creative option.

That's not to say he would qualify as good today, but a strange piece of decision making to hook him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He has a 6/10 performance which was probably the best out there

SirScholes

How on Earth did we drop 100 million on him man, it’s actually laughable and possibly one of our worst ever signings when you consider the money involved

saivet

Good first half from him. He was poor in the 2nd half but thought he should have stayed on the pitch. It would have been a big call but if ETH wanted to take of Weghorst and another attacker, it should have been Rahsford.

dove

Decent game by his shockingly low standards. Maybe even approaching the 5/10 territory.

Bobski

Was ok while also showing most of the main issues with his game at the same time, one footedness, predictable, lack of top end speed.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Was our best attacker and I was surprised he was taken off. Would be a lot more dangerous if there was other players who would enhance the control element in possession. We have too many players who are too comfortable playing in transition.

SirScholes

He created our best chance of the game with the through ball to Weghorst. He also gave Burn a game. As soon as he came off we offered absolutely nothing going forward.
Fantastic, in an hour or 70 minutes of football he created 1 chance despite apparently having the better of his man.

El Jefe

It's funny he had a good game but a good Antony game still involves very little in the grand scheme of things.

Burn seems to be the only full back he has the constant beating of but other than his tame shot and the pass for Wout's chance, there wasn't much to talk about.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Best attacker. Even more bizarre than his sub was that 10 minutes he played on the right when he was giving Burn the runaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.