5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantikChicken

Be happy if he is, just thought it be to soon, obviously shows what Ten Hag thinks of our attack that he’d rush him straight in compared to the situation with mctominay starting over Casemiro when he first signed
except it’s not the same situation at all.

For one Antony is fully fit, according to Ten Hag Casemiro isn’t.

Even more importantly, bar Martinez, Antony knows what ten hag wants better than anyone else in our squad. They worked together for 2 years. Casemiro still has to learn the manager’s system and methods.

Pronewbie

Peep
You know how bad we’ve been at RW when fans are hoping for Antony to perform at Januzaj’s early levels. No wonder many think MG at RW was great. I’m expecting average Nani.

The White Pele

I’m excited. I hope he’s ready and hits the ground running with a big performance in a big game

Chairman Steve

Forwards are easier to give immediate starts than the other positions. Centre mid requires communication and positioning with other members of the team, which doesn’t come immediately as opposed to being an attacker which is more common sense.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Nani reborn at Old Trafford today you heard it here
We've had a lot of Nani comparisons already. I think Nani had more to his game, I would love him to be similar to Nani.

SemirTuce10

Supports
Velež
Forwards are easier to give immediate starts than the other positions. Centre mid requires communication and positioning with other members of the team, which doesn’t come immediately as opposed to being an attacker which is more common sense.
Beautiful and easy explanation, a lot of folks should read it several times.

Shark

@NotShark
We've had a lot of Nani comparisons already. I think Nani had more to his game, I would love him to be similar to Nani.
Same. Was watching some of his performance highlights earlier vs Arse in that lovely 09/10 black kit at the Emirates when he truly burst onto the scene. If Antony can bring something close we'll be in for a treat :drool:

MrEleson

Same. Was watching some of his performance highlights earlier vs Arse in that lovely 09/10 black kit at the Emirates when he truly burst onto the scene. If Antony can bring something close we'll be in for a treat :drool:
I think Nani even already had some great performances against Arsenal before that game. I remember the 4-0 FA Cup win in '08 where he was so good, he started taking the piss and juggling in his own half (much to SAF's bemusement).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:smirk: Left footed finished from the right wing. Profile we massively needed

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
:smirk: Left footed finished from the right wing. Profile we massively needed
We used to rely most on those goals by the one who shall not be named. If he can be as good as him I'll be delighted. Even if he's 75% of him.

Chief123

You just know we’re going to love this guy!!

Even his intensity and tracking back was brilliant. So many tackles!

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Looked a bit to me like he was trying to force it a bit too much.. He didnt look as comfortable yet as he did for Ajax.. But it will come. Not nothing to start immediately in such a match. So happy for him he got the goal.. He will be brilliant for us!

Cloud7

His defensive work rate is insane. Really glad he got a goal on debut so that is off his back

King Eric 7

You just know we’re going to love this guy!!

Even his intensity and tracking back was brilliant. So many tackles!
Yep. Defends really well too and looks like he wants to help the team defensively as well as being a flair player. We're going to love this guy.

OverratedOpinion

His defensive work rate is insane. Really glad he got a goal on debut so that is off his back
Not just his work rate but his passion for it is brilliant.

There was a moment where he tracked back and kicked the ball off an Arsenal player then looked at them and screamed "that's our throw" like it was life or death.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Dream debut for the kid. Delighted for him.

Golden Nugget

Brilliant - ran he socks off and definitely gave us much more balance on the wings. As many have mentioned - he tracks back a lot too which is great

Tarrou

got a goal and worked his bollocks off

didn't have the best game other than that but who gives a shit really

RedRob

"I believe. I believe there will be more. T
You know how bad we’ve been at RW when fans are hoping for Antony to perform at Januzaj’s early levels. No wonder many think MG at RW was great. I’m expecting average Nani.
There was no such thing as average Nani. He was either unplayable or unwatchable.

Antony was clearly extremely keen to please, between the defensive work and a couple of "optimistic" shots, but overall a strong debut.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A bit of a loosener today, but still scored and had quite a few crosses and shots.
Good to finally have an attacker who can play on that side and favours it!

AndySmith1990

Good debut. Really happy we went all out to sign this guy. He's going to be brilliant for us I have no doubt

GMoore23

Nowhere near match fit yet still impacted the game.
He's a real cnut too which I love.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Great start. A goal against Arsenal at home. Really nice finish.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Cant ask for more than a decisive goal on ya debut

Status
Not open for further replies.