g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
 Antony image 21

Antony Brazil flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I’m not going to start doubting this injury but I hope there is not a trend in the future.

the_cliff

I do understand it's a world cup and you want to be fully fit for your country but he should be rightly criticised for taking a couple weeks off. Casemiro in possibly his last world cup, who is a guaranteed started played for us till the last minute.

Zetrio2002

Amazing. No wonder Antony is so good. He's so skilful and can conjure up magic.

Chief123

Made himself unavailable for the WC on purpose as I stated in another thread, probably on the orders of the manager. Funny its always the South American countries who demand players to sit out or go back early. I remember the Uruguay team wanted Cavani back early a few years ago for some International games too.
Source: Trust me Bro

Chief123

“If you think I’m just a clown, then you don’t understand my story. The art of Ronaldinho and Cristiano and Neymar inspired me as a child. I watched these Gods in amazement on stolen Wifi, then I went out to the concrete pitch to try to imitate their genius.”
Probably a reference to Scholes calling him a clown.

Foxbatt

Probably a reference to Scholes calling him a clown.
True. These Europeans don't understand what a lot of south Americans and Africans go through in their lives to make it. Scholes should be ashamed of himself.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I often say it. A lot of people that are born in developed first world countries are privileged. That's why some bloke in Africa will walk across the Sahara to get to Europe and I cringe when people say these South American players are soft or mentally weak. They have seen many things the average European cannot comprehend.

Bondi77

Makes it all a bit silly when he rolls around on the floor like he has been shot after he has been fouled!
If we are keeping it real then let's keep it real.

OL29

Makes it all a bit silly when he rolls around on the floor like he has been shot after he has been fouled!
Does he even do this, or is this just the typical stereotyping of South American players?

Stadjer

It is silly in general that very fit professional athletes fall over in agony after a little push. Or even without actually being touched :lol: Antony doing it just shows he is fully adapted to professional football.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It is silly in general that very fit professional athletes fall over in agony after a little push. Or even without actually being touched :lol: Antony doing it just shows he is fully adapted to professional football.
Footballers in general do it because it's an advantage. If you stay on your feet and act tough, you get zero calls by the ref.

If you dive around screaming and crying they instantly blow the whistle. The referees are the ones that are to blame to allowing this to thrive.

Redfrog

I often say it. A lot of people that are born in developed first world countries are privileged. That's why some bloke in Africa will walk across the Sahara to get to Europe and I cringe when people say these South American players are soft or mentally weak. They have seen many things the average European cannot comprehend.
Very true. A friend who is born in Brazil always tells me that he loves Europe because it’s so safe here. Even a poor guy in France is one of the 10% of the richest in the world, that’s kind of crazy.
The world will be so much a better place if the 1% of the wealthiest ones were highly taxed and it was used to make it better for the 50% of the poorest ones.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Very true. A friend who is born in Brazil always tells me that he loves Europe because it’s so safe here. Even a poor guy in France is one of the 10% of the richest in the world, that’s kind of crazy.
The world will be so much a better place if the 1% of the wealthiest ones were highly taxed and it was used to make it better for the 50% of the poorest ones.
I can testify to that. When I got to England, I would leave the library at 12/1AM and confidently walk from the library to my apartment across town and Coventry is not even a wealthy town. I fount it weird but I loved it, it was great. Do that regularly anywhere in Nigeria and you'd be a dead man.

Stadjer

Footballers in general do it because it's an advantage. If you stay on your feet and act tough, you get zero calls by the ref.

If you dive around screaming and crying they instantly blow the whistle. The referees are the ones that are to blame to allowing this to thrive.
True and i fully understand that players do it. However it doesnt make it look any less silly.

Rinnegan240

I can testify to that. When I got to England, I would leave the library at 12/1AM and confidently walk from the library to my apartment across town and Coventry is not even a wealthy town. I fount it weird but I loved it, it was great. Do that regularly anywhere in Nigeria and you'd be a dead man.
If the robbers don't get you first, then rogue police will.

Dempsey19

Big fan but that piece of skill looks pointless to me
Agree. It's the most pointless skill I ever seen. Don't mind him doing it in training when just messing about but during a match is baffling. doesn't beat a man or open up space etc.

Still a big fan of him and believe we have seen very little of what he will be able to offer.

Agree. It's the most pointless skill I ever seen. Don't mind him doing it in training when just messing about but during a match is baffling. doesn't beat a man or open up space etc.

Still a big fan of him and believe we have seen very little of what he will be able to offer.
Just not true at all, a good dribbler always keeps the ball moving, it’s about confusing the defender or sucking them in, or frustrating them.

This skill could be useful, and sometimes it can just be for fun.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I saw this skill in one of his highlight videos before he joined us and thought hopefully he does not use it when he comes to us. As long as he performs well let him do it once in a while, but I don’t think it’s really helpful.

Apokalips

Just not true at all, a good dribbler always keeps the ball moving, it’s about confusing the defender or sucking them in, or frustrating them.

This skill could be useful, and sometimes it can just be for fun.
People cry that players don't play with a smile on their face or have fun... Then also complain when a player has a bit of fun with it.

Eli Zee

Big fan but that piece of skill looks pointless to me
It's pointless in game, for pretty much any situation... but it doesn't hurt anyone to mess around or have fun in training. Also, it helps improve his overall touch little by little doing tricks like this... so who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.