BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oaencha

You want to be flicked in the nuts every 2 and a half minutes? I mean, if you like a woman doing it, while wearing leather and shouting at you in German, that's one thing. But surely if it as a chimp it wouldn't turn you on so much?
Definitely no arousal but a chimp that talented could easily be retrained for more menial tasks. Hey I could probably teach him attacking football and man management in a couple of weeks; more than LVG has learned in a lifetime.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Winning the UCL at Porto and Inter just exceeded expectations make no mistake Serie A was a 1 team league when he went there so he was guaranteed league titles, before that he went to a Chelsea side with a blank chequebook and after Inter he went to Real Madrid a side with all the possibilities to do well despite Barca

Coming to United now is nothing like the challenge he faced when he went to Chelsea, Inter, Real and then Chelsea again
Why not? Arsenal and United under Fergie when Mou went to Chelsea were far stronger then any premier league side right now. Every "big" team in the prem is mediocre right now and just needs one person to get it right. It will be a challenge next season sure, but no different then what he had at Chelsea. He basically has a blank checkbook here like he did then, along with a young and promising team with a few gaps in it, just the difference being that the "competition" is at a lower level then it was then. Now everyone is pretty even, but that's because all the big teams have regressed rather then everyone else improving to such a degree.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seeing LVG leave will be a much bigger win for us than the FA cup.
Cant wait for Jose to get here.
Probably. But I have to admit the FA cup final and potentially winning a trophy is exciting, for me.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
It's going to be an absolute battle to get a top 4 finish next season, which we absolutely have to.

Mourinho and a handful of top signings are exactly what we need if we are going to make a push for the CL spots, let alone challenge for the title.

dogwithabone

It's going to be an absolute battle to get a top 4 finish next season, which we absolutely have to.

Mourinho and a handful of top signings are exactly what we need if we are going to make a push for the CL spots, let alone challenge for the title.

It's a nonsense to say we can't win title next season. This season above any other has just proved what is possible.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Lvg speech ends with we want to bring F.a. cup to you. Nothing about next Season. Short speech. I think he knows.

JohnnyKills

The BBC commentator suggested that winning tonight's game might be enough to keep LVG in the job. What the feck am I paying the licence fee for?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The BBC commentator suggested that winning tonight's game might be enough to keep LVG in the job. What the feck am I paying the licence fee for?
First it was FA Cup and 4th place.
Now its FA Cup and 5th place.

That standards are getting lower and lower.

JohnnyKills

Absolutely. It's never been harder. Leicester are highly unlikely to repeat what they've done this season but they'll have plenty of money to buy new players. The rest of the top four will be there again and you've got Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton and West Ham who'll all be stronger.

We've got ourselves in an absolute mess and LVG is not the man to dig us out of it.

JohnnyKills

First it was FA Cup and 4th place.
Now its FA Cup and 5th place.

That standards are getting lower and lower.
There's just a lot of idiots in the media who rely on lazy thinking and perceived wisdom. Why does no-one pull them up on it?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
When asked about how he'd plan for the future, or whether he'd hunt for more goals, LVG said "We cannot plan for future. We can only look at the past".

He's a goner.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Clearest sign yet that LVG is in his way out. I expect it to be confirmed no later than Monday

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Did he say that?
I'm quite sure he did.
EDIT: yep just rewound. He did.

"if you had the opportunity, how much further can you take the team?"

His answer:
"in the future you cannot plan. You can only address the past".

SirAF

Ageist
EDIT: yep just rewound. He did.

"if you had the opportunity, how much further can you take the team?"

His answer:
"in the future you cannot plan. You can only address the past".
The hope is real!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The hope is real!
Its true. Who says you can't plan for the future in a question asking how he'l bring the team forward :lol:

He could have been more cryptic about it, probably by saying "yes, the team needs to focus on attack a lot more next year and I'm sure we will do everything possible to get the right players to do so". At least that would have appeased fans.

stevoc

I would call this season much much worse. Moyes had one year, LVG has had 2. Moyes only signed Fellaini (and Varela?), instead of a £250m LVG splurge. I never expected anything from Moyes, but LVG came with a much bigger reputation.
Fair enough mate i can see where you're coming from but personally i think Moyes season was worse. Not by a huge margin but still worse for me.

To take the runaway champions down to 7th took some doing. We have been shite this season but that year we only won two games vs the top 10 all year Arsenal and Stoke at home. Every decent side we played basically beat us and without much fight. At least this year theres no inevitability about it all. Oh and we might win the Cup and at least we qualified for europe all be it the Uefa Cup.

But agree to disagree.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
"In the future you cannot plan"? What is that even supposed to mean anyway. I appreciate English isnt the guys first language but I cant even understand what he is trying to say there...that planning is simply not a thing?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
"In the future you cannot plan"? What is that even supposed to mean anyway. I appreciate English isnt the guys first language but I cant even understand what he is trying to say there...that planning is simply not a thing?
Yeah, that bit is weird. The job of a football club, and especially its manager, is to constantly plan for the future.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
The big surprise A Bola are referring to could be van Gaal staying another season and getting a contract extension for keeping us up. You never know! :smirk:

From challenging for the title to getting into the top 4 being too high of an expectation.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I think he probably will be, too.

Mister_Stubbs

I was confident at one point that Jose was coming but now, I'm not so sure. There is nothing to suggest that Ed and the board will make the right decision now when it could have been done in december.

Loon

:lol:
If Woodward finally says this, I'll believe it. It's amazing the gobby git has avoided the issue thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.