BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Really? I think this next appointment is crucial. It needs to bring some success back in a short period of time. He's the only man that will guarantee that love him or hate him.
Short term success long term problems.
I don't know, I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been said.
I just think a mourinho/Mendes combination is not going to be good for the longer term future for us.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Weren't Sun posting 'no contact' or similar news when everybody was saying 'done deal?' It might be that they are changing stand just because now everyone else is saying that deal might collapse. No point bothering with this shit much. I think if we we beat Midgetland convincingly, Van Gaal will live to fight another day. If we get knocked out, he will be sacked as Europa is now practically our only way to CL next season. Basically, unless we make it till semis or final of Europa, LvG will be sacked as soon as we go out of Europa. Otherwise he will leave in summer. Only unlikely event of us doing cup double will see him stay beyond summer.

MandalaySean

I don't understand why everyone is getting so excited by what this guy is saying. Look through his account, he is a Spanish IndyKaila.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's done more good things for this club than Mourinho ever could.
He took one great decision which was around 30 years ago which he compensated to it by suggesting Moyes instead of Mourinho

devilish

If Mourinho and Pocchetino do not sign then we can always rely on Giggs or Gaz

POF

Maybe, but getting Mourinho and throwing another £150 million at the squad guarantees us nothing, especially as the prem clubs are only going to get stronger, plus they won't sell their best players anymore, but we'll miss out on £40 million + next season, and potentially £70 million + the following so they have to do something decisive for sure.
I disagree. A top class United manager would comfortably finish top 4 with a sensible purchasing policy and keeping a balanced squad.

The top teams in the Premier League are as weak now as I can remember for a very long time. City have regressed, Arsenal are the same as ever, United and Chelsea have been disastrous this season. I really hope one of Spurs or Leicester win it because none of the top teams would be championship material in any other season.

People used to criticise Fergie's functional title winning teams saying they only won it because the standard was so poor. Any of those teams would have this league wrapped up with 5 games to go.

SSSSnake

I'm praying I don't wake up one day and see Jose has signed for someone else.
LVG needs get out ASAP.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If Mourinho and Pocchetino do not sign then we can always rely on Giggs or Gaz
I'd prefer Scholes tbh. You can just tell he would be a fantastic manager and he understands the United way like no one ever has before.

Scholes as manager + Butt as assistant is what we should be looking at if we want to get back to the very top.

devilish

I'd prefer Scholes tbh. You can just tell he would be a fantastic manager and he understands the United way like no one ever has before.

Scholes as manager + Butt as assistant is what we should be looking at if we want to get back to the very top.
What about Paddy with Lou as assistant?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us

Only if David May becomes head of the academy and Ronny Johnsen director of football.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What about Paddy with Lou as assistant?
Paddy is getting on a bit which is why I'm not sure about him. Would have been a great choice otherwise. Another one well versed in the United way and philosophy. Lou is a bit shit tbh. Maybe U13's girls coach or something.

devilish

Paddy is getting on a bit which is why I'm not sure about him. Would have been a great choice otherwise. Another one well versed in the United way and philosophy. Lou is a bit shit tbh. Maybe U13's girls coach or something.
No one can give a more valuable and non biased assessment of the team then those two. They will probably promise the treble after 4 months of management

Louis Saha can be the club's physio. No one has his experience in that field.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
No one can give a more valuable and non biased assessment of the team then those two. They will probably promise the treble after 4 months of management

Louis Saha can be the club's physio. No one has his experience in that field.
Good point. Maybe Ryan Giggs can become the official Yoga/fitness coach? Beckham can lead the cheerleading department.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Just watched Chelsea v Newcastle, wow Chelsea looking far better than they did under José. Worrying sign that he couldn't get a performance out of them at all, many players he himself brought to the club too.

He's an enormous c*nt but he was always able to get players to play for him out of loyalty, if that's now gone as the evidence this season suggests, then he has nothing left to offer us.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Just watched Chelsea v Newcastle, wow Chelsea looking far better than they did under José. Worrying sign that he couldn't get a performance out of them at all, many players he himself brought to the club too.

He's an enormous c*nt but he was always able to get players to play for him out of loyalty, if that's now gone as the evidence this season suggests, then he has nothing left to offer us.
It seems half the forum have turned a blind eye to this too

Jose as it stands had a far worse season than LVG

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum

He was sacked in 2008 from Chelsea after another disappointing start to the season, Avram Grant managed to get them playing better that season, yet, miraculously, Mourinho somehow retained his managerial ability went on to win silverware at Inter, then Real then back at Chelsea. Should he have written him off back then as well as permantly broken? he's still the current reigning PL champion for goodness sake.

JoaquinJoaquin

I don't think it's that he has lost it, More of he made a mistake in not taking player personalities into perspective when he signed the likes of Costa and Fabregas, Players that have a tendency to complain and cause a fuss when things are not going the way they like. When things were going nicely in the first season, these type of players flourished, but as soon as the going got tough they sulked and conspired behind his back.

devilish

Good point. Maybe Ryan Giggs can become the official Yoga/fitness coach? Beckham can lead the cheerleading department.
Giggs will take family relations, Rooney the senior members scheme.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

your teenage username tells us where your loyalty lies

peridigm

You seem to have turned a blind eye to his last decade in management.
Not to mention his previous two clubs are run by absolute cnuts. Jose at United will not be like Jose at Chelsea under Abromovic or Jose a Madrid under Perez.

MrSingh2002

Mourinho could win the league next season with this very same squad plus 3/4 players in the summer window. Absolute no brainer. Pull your fecking finger out Woodward you pussy.

SSSSnake

Can't really judge Jose on one bad season can we? If that was the case then we shouldn't hire anyone. Don't mention Pep please because he's only handled teams with world class stars and for my the jury is still out on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.