g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
How did they win those two league titles with this major conspiracy against them?

I used to know an Arsenal fan who told me that the only years when 'there was no corruption in the Ferguson league' was in 1998, 2002 and 2004... Imagine that. The only years without corruption and they just happened to be when Arsenal won the league. Makes you think doesn't it.

When I asked how the Ferguson league conspiracy explained the outcomes in 1995, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2012 etc, he struggled a bit to explain that it has to be said.

Lastwolf

Genuine question here but have they been massively hard done by this year?

There's been times this season I've felt like it's 6 years since we got a penalty and all the calls were going against us.

But then you think back later on once you've calmed down and realise we've also benefitted from a couple of handy offside calls and what felt like an invisibility cloak over Rojo for a few weeks!

Surely they aren't so childish and one eyed to think there's actually a proper, genuine conspiracy against them? Surely?
Imagine you were never able to calm down and be rational, there you go.

welshmanc75

How does Bravo not conceding a penalty and not getting carded for a 2 footed tackle on Rooney in the 1st derby fit into the ragspiricy?

Alabaster Codify7

If I seriously thought the league was fixed against my team, i'd stop watching football full-stop. They don't genuinely believe this, it's a weird coping mechanism - they are furious and bitter and they need to lash out at something or someone, and obviously, it would be sacrilege to direct the anger at Guardiola.

So there has to be a scapegoat, someone to blame to help them get through it.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
How does Bravo not conceding a penalty and not getting carded for a 2 footed tackle on Rooney in the 1st derby fit into the ragspiricy?
The English press had an agenda against Bravo from the moment he signed so he was pressured by the rags-fan-media to do that. United's own fault, and Rooney dived. Or something.

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
Genuine question here but have they been massively hard done by this year?

There's been times this season I've felt like it's 6 years since we got a penalty and all the calls were going against us.

But then you think back later on once you've calmed down and realise we've also benefitted from a couple of handy offside calls and what felt like an invisibility cloak over Rojo for a few weeks!

Surely they aren't so childish and one eyed to think there's actually a proper, genuine conspiracy against them? Surely?
Ha! I'm aware that this is a 'take the piss out of City' thread but as you ask....

In two of City's most important games this season we have been absolutely stitched up by referees, Chelsea at home we were denied a stone-wall penalty and Luiz should have been sent off. Spurs at home, denied a stone-penalty which would have seen them reduced to ten men and a pretty certain three points to City. Both games were pivotal. But it isn't just those decisions its the immediate yellow cards against City and the almost uninhibited fouling of the likes of Silva going unpunished, the yellow card given to Sterling when he should have got a penalty...etc. Imagine, Chelsea having three less points and City having five more, the league would be a different kettle of fish.

Conspiracy against City? Do you know what? I'm not sure, it does seem as though in every big game we suffer from refereeing decisions, Sunday being the latest example. And, these things don't even out.

And, as an aside, there are threads on here criticising referees for their decisions affecting United. Honestly, the mind boggles that Utd fans think they are hard done by this season!

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Ha! I'm aware that this is a 'take the piss out of City' thread but as you ask....

In two of City's most important games this season we have been absolutely stitched up by referees, Chelsea at home we were denied a stone-wall penalty and Luiz should have been sent off. Spurs at home, denied a stone-penalty which would have seen them reduced to ten men and a pretty certain three points to City. Both games were pivotal. But it isn't just those decisions its the immediate yellow cards against City and the almost uninhibited fouling of the likes of Silva going unpunished, the yellow card given to Sterling when he should have got a penalty...etc. Imagine, Chelsea having three less points and City having five more, the league would be a different kettle of fish.

Conspiracy against City? Do you know what? I'm not sure, it does seem as though in every big game we suffer from refereeing decisions, Sunday being the latest example. And, these things don't even out.

And, as an aside, there are threads on here criticising referees for their decisions affecting United. Honestly, the mind boggles that Utd fans think they are hard done by this season!
3 less points for city with bravo getting sent off in the derby? Swings and roundabouts my friend.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship

It's more a take the piss out of bluemoon thread.

But we've had so many decisions go against us it's unreal, of course we're hard done by. The referees this season gave been shockingly awful.

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
3 less points for city with bravo getting sent off in the derby? Swings and roundabouts my friend.
If we had video referees, the Bravo/Rooney decision would have been upheld. Even now I am unsure whether that was a penalty or not. However, a video referee would have given City a penalty when Gundogan was taken down in the box, sent Luiz off, and given City a penalty and sent Walker off in the Spurs game. And, that's the point, it isn't swings and roundabouts, at least not this season, City have suffered horrendous decisions in vital games.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It seems to be common consensus on here and amongst City fans in general that we are being done over by the officials, the FA and the PL and we get no support from the media. The belief is that the club management are putting pressure on in private but, this hasn't been confirmed. The manager has hinted about it in press conferences but, has said that he's been told not to question referees if he wants to avoid punishment. Two players have spoke out in public, Sagna being fined for a tweet and now Yaya has raised the question. Has fans we cannot be punished so we can say and do what we want. A few posters on here are saying that they have had enough and will not be renewing, a great shame that they are taking this extreme step, I can certainly understand it. Personally I will not be going to anymore FAC games until this unfairness is sorted out and will write to the FA to tell them why, I'm sure they wont give a shit but, if all City fans were to boycott the FAC next season then they might take notice, especially if we can get the City fans in the media involved to put our case in a fair way. Thoughts?
The uprising and mobilisation continues...

Seriously when city fans on here read this crap do they get embarrassed or do they post in support under their BM alter egos??? I would genuinely like to know.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
If we had video referees, the Bravo/Rooney decision would have been upheld. Even now I am unsure whether that was a penalty or not. However, a video referee would have given City a penalty when Gundogan was taken down in the box, sent Luiz off, and given City a penalty and sent Walker off in the Spurs game. And, that's the point, it isn't swings and roundabouts, at least not this season, City have suffered horrendous decisions in vital games.
The Rooney one was nailed on a penalty and a red card.

Same as the red card for Luiz in the game at Stamford bridge which would have seen us with an hour against ten men to rescue the game from 2-0 down.

Lentwood

But pretty much any side in the league could come up with a list of terrible decisions that have gone against them. As a Utd fan, the following spring to mind....

- Bravo fouls Rooney in the area, no penalty given

- Herrera sent off after 30mins in Cup QF for two very innocuous tackles

- Herrera sent off against Burnley despite slipping and making no contact with the player

- David Luiz high and reckless foul on Fellaini which requires stitches. Luiz stays on.

- Martial clearly fouled in build up to first goal versus Watford

- Goal wrong disallowed for offside against Palace

- Goal wrongly disallowed for offside against Everton

These all came to mind straight away without having to think to hard. I can also think of decisions that have gone our way, which is exactly my point

There is no corruption or agenda. The standard of refereeing is appalling and despite the smaller teams bleating about how they are treated unfairly I actually believe you can make a strong case to say it is the big clubs who are most adversely affected

Fridge chutney

We played at Maine Road after the war because Old Trafford was leveled in a bombing raid. They say we went there cap in hand like beggars.
Very kind, brotherly gesture showing great respect between the 2 clubs. I doubt their supporters back then would look kindly on fans using it as a derogatory nickname now.

The same way i doubt the empty blue plastic seats would be thrilled that we accuse them of being City fans. Those seats are just doing their job. It's not their fault they don't have anyone to sit on them for most matchdays.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Very kind, brotherly gesture showing great respect between the 2 clubs. I doubt their supporters back then would look kindly on fans using it as a derogatory nickname now.

The same way i doubt the empty blue plastic seats would be thrilled that we accuse them of being City fans. Those seats are just doing their job. It's not their fault they don't have anyone to sit on them for most matchdays.
Not that kind, we paid them for the use of the stadium.

Also, a United home game holds the attendance record at Maine Road because of it.

Inter Yer Nan

How did they win those two league titles with this major conspiracy against them?

I used to know an Arsenal fan who told me that the only years when 'there was no corruption in the Ferguson league' was in 1998, 2002 and 2004... Imagine that. The only years without corruption and they just happened to be when Arsenal won the league. Makes you think doesn't it.

When I asked how the Ferguson league conspiracy explained the outcomes in 1995, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2012 etc, he struggled a bit to explain that it has to be said.
I remember having to point out so many bad decisions Arsenal got in their favor especially 2002-2004. I tried to pay attention to it because I always used to hear bollocks about how we only win because of ref's.

I remember Liverpool fans used to complain about pens all the time only to find out they get more than us.

Polite Poster

Supports
Manchester City
Not that kind, we paid them for the use of the stadium.

Also, a United home game holds the attendance record at Maine Road because of it.
I'm afraid not. The record attendance at Maine Rd was 84,569 fans in the 6th round of the FA Cup on 3 March 1934 for City versus Stoke.

Fully Fledged

I hear that they are expanding the ground so that we can't sing 20,00 empty seats anymore.

decorativeed

Serious question , why does City and certain other clubs refer to us as "the rags"?
It's because a billion years ago, when we were skint and could afford new kits they were in pretty bad shape, and City loaned us some spare kits(the rivalry was very friendly while City were the successful club).
Thank you, interesting story. Couldn't imagine that happening these days.
Bluemoon sees that a bit different. They say that the club gave us really old kits that were pretty much 'rags' at that point, on purpose.:lol:
Trouble is, there's not a scrap of evidence for this ever having occurred. I have gone as far as asking United's curator and City's historian Gary James to look into this and both have said there's nothing in it and is probably an urban myth.

We played at Maine Road after the war because Old Trafford was leveled in a bombing raid. They say we went there cap in hand like beggars.
It's true that we played at Maine Road, of course, but remember we did so as a first division club while City had been relegated before the War. They invited us to play at Maine Road as they took a percentage of the gate money - which was far greater for United games than City games due to the fact more locals wanted to watch top flight football.

I read a tale by a City fan that said that his dad had worked for Umbro in 1968 and when United asked for kits for the European Cup final, in protest at the club being allowed to wear the Manchester coat of arms on the shirt, he proceeded to make the shirts out of old blue rags that were lying around. Obviously, that is complete nonsense. United had already been wearing blue jerseys for several years before that, and these were exactly the same with the exception of the crest.

I'm sure that if you ask a dozen City fans why they call us that, you'd probably get a dozen different stories. I once saw an interview with a man who had supported United in the 1930s when the club were at their lowest ebb and were struggling on and off the pitch. He says that was when City started calling us 'the rags' as we couldn't afford to buy new kits often, and would play in them until they fell apart, basically. Whether that's closer to the truth, who can say?

SalfordRed1960

Apparently, you get decisions your way too.

http://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...-offside-boosts-manchester-city-past-arsenal/

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I thought it had something to do with in the turn of the century or in the mid 20th century we were very poor as a team and has to borrow their spare away kits?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Feck me are they really serious???

I would gladly lose out on 4th place if we could do some sort of protest. if on Thursday the ref starts his antics I would encourage Pep to take the players off the pitch. forfeit the game if need be. we have to make a stand sooner or later. I will renew but there is no way I'm going to away games just to fecked over. 600 quid yesterday for a game that was decided before kick off and well away from the pitch.

diarm

Is it me or did there used to be an alternative Premier League table published taking into account all of the wrong decisions over the course of the season?

Fully Fledged

I thought it had something to do with in the turn of the century or in the mid 20th century we were very poor as a team and has to borrow their spare away kits?
I know about the ground share. As is stated above the borrowing their shirts is more of an Urban Myth. It could have been wearing our own shirts until they were threadbare I don't know.

Fully Fledged

Feck me are they really serious???
They're scared of falling behind us again. Especially under Pep. They need a good excuse to justify it if we beat them Thursday.

It's a joke really. Surely they should be confident of winning at the Emptyhad. After all we're not used to playing in half full stadiums.

Minimalist

It's remarkable how all supporters seem to think it's only their side get fecked over by the ref. I would question the age of these eejits but grown men spout it continually.

Fully Fledged

It's remarkable how all supporters seem to think it's only their side get fecked over by the ref. I would question the age of these eejits but grown men spout it continually.
But the real point is that it's us that the refs are really against. Everyone knows it. Joke.