Bluemoon goes into Meltdown

StamsShinyHead

"SAF you're an old dick, but I respect you."
Who wants to tell him…?

thegundogang
About the result. Shit happens. But can the club issue lifetime bans and crack down on the people selling their tickets onto these tourists and Madrid fans fecking hell. It’s got to the point where the Madrid fans in our end weren’t even hiding it and wearing their fecking shirts. Same should go to anyone wearing half and half scarves. It’s becoming more than a joke.

I teach at a school in Ireland where we had two bus loads go over to their PSG match last year. That shows you their levels of fandom.

Kopral Jono

Match-going City fans (and the club's general aura) are so small-time, at least on television. Their catalogue of songs, the haircuts they sport... just nowhere near elite level despite their juggernaut of a team. There is something undeniably Stoke-esque or West Brom-esque about them that you can only feel. Chelsea won the football lottery, too, but their vibe as a whole feels more elite.

It really is a situation of 'you can get a club out of English football's second tier but you can't take English football's second tier out of the club'.

RedRocket9908

Match-going City fans (and the club's general aura) are so small-time, at least on television. Their catalogue of songs, the haircuts they sport... just nowhere near elite level despite their juggernaut of a team. There is something undeniably Stoke-esque or West Brom-esque about them that you can only feel. Chelsea won the football lottery, too, but their vibe as a whole feels more elite.

It really is a situation of 'you can get a club out of English football's second tier but you can't take English football's second tier out of the club'.
Do City actually have any songs about their own club of players other than Blue Moon? Everytime I watch them they just seem to be singing about Man Utd.

Kopral Jono

Do City actually have any songs about their own club of players other than Blue Moon? Everytime I watch them they just seem to be singing about Man Utd.
Obviously the De Bruyne chant to the tune of 'Seven Nation Army', infamously used by their stadium announcer to get the Etihad crowd going.

Wheato

They played 'HEY JUDE' at full volume before the match, and the Madrid fans immediately adopted it and were singing it to Jude Bellingham, as the City fans trudged out of the stadium at the end of the match. It must still be ringing in their ears. What a bunch of numpties.

But nowhere near as funny as this cringe below.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
They played 'HEY JUDE' at full volume before the match, and the Madrid fans immediately adopted it and were singing it to Jude Bellingham, as the City fans trudged out of the stadium at the end of the match. It must still be ringing in their ears. What a bunch of numpties.

They always play that song for some bizarre reason. Going on about being the true Mancunian team yet play the most Scouse of songs every match.

mu4c_20le

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Although Brugge K.S.V. adopted it almost ten years earlier.
Weird, as I'm typing this, Jack White pops up on American Pickers.
Originated from Galatasaray, picked up by Roma, popularized by Italy at WC 2006, went global from there

clarkydaz

The 192 :lol:

Adz_99

Its because Chelsea were a big club pre-money. Regulars in Europe, they even beat Barcelona 5-0 or something ridiculous in the early 00s. The money turned them from big club into serial winners sure, but as you say they feel a lot more organic than Pep's plastic fantastics.

City are the sort of club nobody would miss if they lost the money and got relegated forever. No one other than City fans will look back at this side with any sort of fondness or nostalgia.

Wheato

Pablo123 said:
Barely got out of the stadium before my whats app started pinging frantically with rags . Just replied with " it’s took you 9 months to start talking football from the start of the season , you’re that shit you don’t even play on a Thursday night " SCUM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I call bollix. 100% didn't happen. Why do those oddballs on Bluemoon make these stories up?

thisisnottaken1

Pablo123 said:
Barely got out of the stadium before my whats app started pinging frantically with rags . Just replied with " it’s took you 9 months to start talking football from the start of the season , you’re that shit you don’t even play on a Thursday night " SCUM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I call bollix. 100% didn't happen. Why do those oddballs on Bluemoon make these stories up?
Because they’re a small time group of people who hate us more than they love their own club. A very, very pathetic group of people.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Pablo123 said:

Someone posted a story here ages ago that someone stopped going to a bakery because the owner made fun of his son's city shirt or something like that

Anyone know what I'm on about?

Kopral Jono

Its because Chelsea were a big club pre-money. Regulars in Europe, they even beat Barcelona 5-0 or something ridiculous in the early 00s. The money turned them from big club into serial winners sure, but as you say they feel a lot more organic than Pep's plastic fantastics.

City are the sort of club nobody would miss if they lost the money and got relegated forever. No one other than City fans will look back at this side with any sort of fondness or nostalgia.
I suppose Chelsea are many things, having a racism problem in their fanbase is obviously one of them, yet as a football club they have always emanated an aura of importance -- like Leeds, like Spurs, like Villa. All of these clubs actually have comparable title honours as City before oil money, but what separates them with City is that culturally they feel a lot more significant.

stevoc

Obviously the De Bruyne chant to the tune of 'Seven Nation Army', infamously used by their stadium announcer to get the Etihad crowd going.
Just a rip off of the Van Persie and to be fair other similar chants. Nothing original.

Kopral Jono

Just a rip off of the Van Persie and to be fair other similar chants. Nothing original.
On this particular topic to be fair to City fans (and for that matter fans of other Premier League clubs with no exceptions) our catalogue of players' chants is simply without parallel. We're spoiled rotten when it comes to this and chants in general.

Chairman Steve

Whats with them and particularly Newcastle suddenly going to town with all these crowd banners? Apeing off of Dortmund?

Dansk

Whats with them and particularly Newcastle suddenly going to town with all these crowd banners? Apeing off of Dortmund?
Didn't they also copycat Lech Poznan's iconic 'Poznan dance' (where fans turn their backs to the pitch and link arms or something)? Which is comical because that's a protest against the club's ownership, whereas at City, the ownership is the only reason they're relevant at all. The club just has no real culture, so they adopt that of others in order to pretend that Manchester City is worth caring about. The club just isn't significant or historically interesting enough to have created its own distinctive characteristics, it's simply a political tool.

SER19

What in the feck :lol: :lol: :lol:

amongst all the levels of weird here, whats that thing he does at about 18 seconds. its like a glitch. absolute classic middle class fool acting like a tough guy from the safety of distance and stewards.

Chairman Steve

amongst all the levels of weird here, whats that thing he does at about 18 seconds. its like a glitch. absolute classic middle class fool acting like a tough guy from the safety of distance and stewards.
Peaky Blinders haircut, clean shaven.

Yeah he was definitely at the Grand National last weekend in his Burton suit with Smithy, Deano, Chaz and Big JC #ladsladslads

tomaldinho1

Someone posted a story here ages ago that someone stopped going to a bakery because the owner made fun of his son's city shirt or something like that

Anyone know what I'm on about?
Was this the 'not you Blue' story? One of my all time faves.