Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Wait a minute, you're saying if Qatar didn't have loads of money, fans wouldn't want them as owners :eek:

How long have you been sitting on this bombshell information?
More to it as I explained. It's the money that's making people forget the other stuff. Proof that sportswashing indeed works and fast.

Selling our soul to be a political tool is not something to be taken lightly. I'm not even sure half of this forum even realise what it means exactly.

clarkydaz

Yeah they probably have for the sporting project but as has been discussed over and over that comes with a huge huge price. The biggest football club in the world selling it's soul to become a political tool for Qatar.
The club isnt selling its soul, the owners are

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
More to it as I explained. It's the money that's making people forget the other stuff. Proof that sportswashing indeed works and fast.

Selling our soul to be a political tool is not something that you be taken lightly. I'm not even sure half of this forum even realise what it means exactly.
The average fan doesn't care about any of that mate. For a lot of people football is their escape from politics and all that goes on in the world etc.

Most fans just want to see the team win and that is reflected resoundingly in the polls that have been done.

Djemba-Djemba

I understand all the debate because it's a huge moment in time for Utd and football.

But the minute it became clear Qatar were going to bid I just think it's obvious they're going to be the winners. They have the most money, they will be the ones most willing to pay whatever is needed to appease the scumbag Glazers.

It's inevitable.

Berbaclass

The club isnt selling its soul, the owners are
That's an important distinction for me. The club, Ten Hag, the players, the staff, the fans. All have absolutely no say whatsoever in any of this.

We as fans just have to pretty much accept it. If you can't and walk away then great, you're a petter person than me but I will continue to support my team and enjoy watching them play.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The average fan doesn't care about any of that mate. For a lot of people football is their escape from politics and all that goes on in the world etc.

Most fans just want to see the team win and that is reflected resoundingly in the polls that have been done.
Yeah I get that but it's still not sitting well with lots of us. Having our name attached to that stuff isn't a good thing. It will be brought up forever and ever.

Most of the people tweeting ' I feel Qatari' too are about 14. I wouldn't expect them to understand the situation. This great football club is steeped in history and tradition. I don't think we should be used as a political tool personally. We are better than that.

Appletonred

Just cannot see Qatar losing out, and simply cannot see the glazers staying on when each of them stands to make at least £700m each tax free, there's never been a better time for them to sell, they are surely going.

Berbaclass

Yeah I get that but it's still not sitting well with lots of us. Having our name attached to that stuff isn't a good thing. It will be brought up forever and ever.

Most of the people tweeting ' I feel Qatari' too are about 14. I wouldn't expect them to understand the situation. This great football club is steeped in history and tradition. I don't think we should be used as a political tool personally. We are better than that.
Thats fine. I respect your or anyone else's opinion that has an issue with it.

IrishMcD

Am I bad for laughing at this tweet? :lol:

‘I know me Elmore Leonard laddie and I wrote me uni dissertation on Roy Keane, but you’re tahking a load of shoyte an dis. I’ll show you a femine if ye come round Dundalk any time soon!’
I see you went for the Hollywood version of the Irish accent there. Interesting move.

C'est Moi Cantona

In strictly financial terms, it would be a brilliant strategy by the Glazers given that the share price has doubled since late November.

If Joel and Avi (who collectively own about 33% of shares) made a deal with Darcy, Bryan, Kevin, and Edward (who collectively own 55%), to sell and somehow allow the former two to remain with double their current shares, that would seem to lay the groundwork for a potential Glazer stay.
It wouldn't be brilliant, it would be disgusting, and should come with some serious investigation into thier actions if they pulled it off.

And unless I'm missing something then it will still leave them unable to fund a new stadium, and will likely have them living in fear of leaving from under whatever rock they live under for a long time, let alone coming near Old Trafford ever again.

Other than taking pleasure in wanting to torture United fans I just don't see the point, they must know how hated they are, and how badly this would go down.

DevilRed

If the glazers really want to stay in football, they’d just take the Qatar money and then spend half of it buying the dippers.

Then they can continue taking their annual dividend

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Two Sikh gentlemen for the cover story although I’m sure wheeler and some who see this will say “look THEY don’t want the Qataris either!” :lol:
Weirdly not even referenced in the article. Jim Murdoch 61, Eddie Payne 74 and Martin Scanlon 64 all were though

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That's an important distinction for me. The club, Ten Hag, the players, the staff, the fans. All have absolutely no say whatsoever in any of this.

We as fans just have to pretty much accept it. If you can't and walk away then great, you're a petter person than me but I will continue to support my team and enjoy watching them play.
Surely by the same token then that's true of PSG n Man City as well then? They got no say either. However I can guarantee you 3/4 of this forum haven't been saying that for the last 10 years.

I will support the team and manager no matter what too. I won't be jumping for joy at being owned by Qatar or Saudi Arabia though like some will. I think it's utterly deplorable that our great name has to be attached to either of them.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It wouldn't be brilliant, it would be disgusting, and should come with some serious investigation into thier actions if they pulled it off.

And unless I'm missing something then it will still leave them unable to fund a new stadium, and will likely have them living in fear of leaving from under whatever rock they live under for a long time, let alone coming near Old Trafford ever again.

Other than taking pleasure in wanting to torture United fans I just don't see the point, they must know how hated they are, and how badly this would go down.
They’re obviously not going to view it in these terms. To them, United is an asset they can leverage to make more money. Their old man only used about ~150-200m to gain control of the club and here we are 18 years on and the kids are looking to make billions. There’s no morality in it for them. It’s all transactional.

Berbaclass

Surely by the same token then that's true of PSG n Man City as well then? They got no say either. However I can guarantee you 3/4 of this forum haven't been saying that for the last 10 years.

I will support the team and manager no matter what too. I won't be jumping for joy at being owned by Qatar or Saudi Arabia though like some will. I think it's utterly deplorable that our great name has to be attached to either of them.
I don't believe the same logic applies to PSG/City as to us. We are a much more established club with plenty of our own welth and success to begin with. We are not going to cheat or artificially pump the club up into something it wasn't before.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If the glazers really want to stay in football, they’d just take the Qatar money and then spend half of it buying the dippers.

Then they can continue taking their annual dividend
I wouldn't wish the Glazers even on Liverpool. OK, maybe a little... A quick five-year tenure would go some way to redeeming their shite ownership of us

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I don't think so. I was reading older articles and Raine were if I'm not mistaken in contact with 17 potential bidders. These bids are supposed to be private and it's totally possible that the three that we heard directly from just went rogue while the others are quiet about it.
Yes makes sense

redshaw

MUST came out with some not very strong comments expressing concerns with both the Qatar and Ratcliffe bids.
Yes I read that before. I'm thinking more 1958 and in particular is Qatar on or off the table.

If a hardcore group are fiercely opposed to Qatar, will stage protests, stop games and harass sponsors then that poses a lot of problems going forward.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Yes I read that before. I'm thinking more 1958 and in particular is Qatar on or off the table.

If a hardcore group are fiercely opposed to Qatar, will stage protests, stop games and harass sponsors then that poses a lot of problems going forward.
I can't imagine there'll be anything like that.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Ogden knows nothing, he’s seen someone else reporting Elliott want to finance a bid and thought why couldn’t they just finance the Glazers to get clicks. The original reporting said part of Raine’s role is matching up financiers like Elliott with partners to create viable bidders, so doesn’t seem like they’re offering the Glazers financing.
There’s bound to be American interest. The Glazers would have those contacts. It’s possible the bids we know about are being used to drum up others in an auction

jm99

Selling our soul to be a political tool is not something to be taken lightly. I'm not even sure half of this forum even realise what it means exactly.
The club "lost its soul" a long time ago, football hasn't been the working man's game where the first team was made up of guys you'd see down the pub for about 60 years, it's become entertainment with the entire squad being millionaires from all over the world (few come through the academy but not loads).

C'est Moi Cantona

They’re obviously not going to view it in these terms. To them, United is an asset they can leverage to make more money. Their old man only used about ~150-200m to gain control of the club and here we are 18 years on and the kids are looking to make billions. There’s no morality in it for them. It’s all transactional.
I get it, but how much more do they need? They're in line to make about £1 billion each from this for crying out loud.

I know how they'll view it, but the backlash from this sort of dirty trick would likely be massive, it's not something that will just go away and it'll be 'business as usual' in a couple of months, it is the sort of thing that will surely damage their assest.

It's a scarey option for sure, but logically it doesn't seem likely.

mu4c_20le

People didn't just "accept it" when the Glazers took over :) big difference between not walking away and rolling out the red carpet. Although I admit, a state wealth of 330bn can make it easier.

Berbaclass

People didn't just "accept it" when the Glazers took over :) big difference between not walking away and rolling out the red carpet. Although I admit, a state wealth of 330bn can make it easier.
Some people didn't. The overwhelming majority did.

stevoc

Her bio on the Bucs website is interesting :wenger:

Darcie Glazer Kassewitz has been the driving force behind many of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' innovative, forward-thinking fan engagement and community outreach initiatives, retail activation, and facility design. She is focused on ensuring that the Buccaneers and the Glazer Vision Foundation create a lasting positive impact on the Tampa Bay community.
Glazer Vision? Innovative?

More like Chuckle Vision. :lol:

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
The club "lost its soul" a long time ago, football hasn't been the working man's game where the first team was made up of guys you'd see down the pub for about 60 years, it's become entertainment with the entire squad being millionaires from all over the world (few come through the academy but not loads).
If it’s all soulless and just entertainment, then why follow United at all? You’d just follow the most entertaining team using that logic.

Sviken

We've already sold our soul (a long time ago, in fact). Or you think the Glazers are all fine and dandy and carry the Busby spirit? Give me a fecking break.

Blood Mage

Nonsense, most of the fanbase is in favour of a Qatar takeover. The older match-going top reds would probably prefer Ratcliffe but they're not going to get their pitchforks out if the Qatar bid wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.