De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Alves-Kevin-Strootman-revolution-rising.html

Two players United do want to keep are goalkeeper David de Gea and Michael Carrick. De Gea has matured into one of the best goalkeepers in Europe since joining United in the summer of 2011 but the Spaniard will be out of contract in 18 months time.

That has alerted Real Madrid but a United source insisted they are ‘completely relaxed’ over De Gea’s situation, even though negotiations with his representatives have yet to begin in earnest.

RetroStu

Rawk insiders saying DeGea to Madrid already done and his new contract with us will feature a release clause that Real will meet although its all for show and the deal is already done.

I fecking hope not.

Trizy

Rawk insiders saying DeGea to Madrid already done and his new contract with us will feature a release clause that Real will meet although its all for show and the deal is already done.

I fecking hope not.
Can't see it happened but hypothetically, if De Gea was to be going to Madrid either way what fee would you be happy with? Obviously would hate it but I'd honestly request £50 million or more.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

I fecking hope not.
Stu...its Rawk.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I fecking hope not.
Rawk insiders :lol:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
This thread really shows how small time some of us can be. You're too bloody paranoid.

Redo91

I fecking hope not.
Please, for the sake of the future of mankind, tell me you were taking the pi**.

Tarrou

I saw that post on RAWK too. The logic falls drastically short when you consider De Gea only has 18 months left on his deal, so if he wanted to join Madrid it would be much easier to just wait it out. He could go for cheaper next summer and free the summer after that, which may happen. Him signing a new deal with a release clause has about as much chance as the Slippery Starfish winning the ballon d'or for his performances at the world cup.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Stu, the same Rawk insiders who consistently claim that they, man for man, have the best squad in the Premier League. The same Rawk insiders who claim year to year that we'll struggle to make top 4 (ignore that horrible year under Moyes) and that our squad is useless. Yeah, forgive me if I don't shit myself out of fear.

arthurka

We would never have put in a clause like that.. Young keeper, big signing not a chance United gave a clause like that..

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I've resigned myself to him leaving in the summer. To the hated Madrid as well.

Devil may care

I don't want us to lose De Gea but if he wants to go then there'd be no point in forcing him stay in my view. I just hope if we do lose him we get as much as possible out of the deal whether that's cash or a player, it would be a double blow to lose the best keeper in the PL for fecking Lallana/Young type money.

Redo91

Why are some people resigned to him leaving? There has been no indication whatsoever that he wants to leave.

NessunDorma

He was always a talent, and an amazing shot stopper, but it's only now that I feel he's getting to the level where Van Der Sar was when he retired.

Doing the simple things right and avoiding mistakes is a great trait for a 'keeper to have, and it was one of Van Der Sar's biggest strengths.

And especially in the performance against Arsenal - where every shot and cross stuck to him like glue - De Gea has started to look like he can replicate that.

The lad could turn out to be (in fact, probably already is*) Fergie's last great signing.

(*Depending on how Jones and/or Smalling develop)

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well, goodbye De Gea we liked you. :(

C'est Moi Cantona

If we get CL then DDG has all he needs with us, plus he'll surely miss his Spanish buddies too much, fully expect him to sign up very soon.

Blue always red

There is a recurring theme with all our Spaniards. They're all pale as feck. I think he likes the fact there is hardly any sun.

Nights

I fecking hope not.
I guess the same Rawk insiders that thought Suarez was going to stay forever and ever...

RetroStu

Guys i was being sarcastic with the 'Rawk insiders' bit ffs. They have been saying about DeGea to Madrid for a while now though, a lot of 'i heard today....' style posts as well

Its almost certain to be bullshit but DeGea is tailor made for Madrid and it wouldn't be the first time they have taken one of our players is it.
It just makes you worried thats all..

Status
Not open for further replies.