Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don’t get him at all. He looks threatening but actually isn’t threatening at all. His crossing is woeful.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We're far more balanced with him in the side but Christ is his crossing poor.

tomaldinho1

Think it's time AWB had a chance for redemption to be honest - Dalot offers very little at either end

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Rather he just checked back in like Wan Bissaka and pass sideways if he’s always going to boot the ball to Scotland when he crosses.

macheda14

I don’t get him at all. He looks threatening but actually isn’t threatening at all. His crossing is woeful.
Yeah he made multiple great driving runs up the pitch and across the pitch, would make up all that distance and just spank it or lose it.

The United

He has improved a lot with his defensive abilities but he is pretty shit in the final 3rd which makes no difference between him and AWB pretty much.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's good generally, occasional stupid overhit cross but on the whole he's a big plus IMO.

stevoc

More of the same from him under Rangnick solid enough defensively but offers very little going forward.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
like I said, he carries the ball really well. He’s great at progressing 10-15 yards up the pitch, but he’s really average when he gets there.

Also, why the feck does he come so far infield all the time?

the_cliff

Not good enough imo. He has a lot of fans on here for some reason, I guess being less shit than AWB is good enough for United now.

Long Time Red

He has improved a lot with his defensive abilities but he is pretty shit in the final 3rd which makes no difference between him and AWB pretty much.
I think we need reserve judgement on his defending before declaring he's improved.

He's played against Newcastle, Burnley x2, Wolves, Villa, Brentford and West Ham. He still needs to survive an acid test against one of the better wingers like Sterling, Mane or even a Zaha before we can really say that.

His crossing's terrible, but his passing and general possession play is generally really good. He also had another impressive defensive performance, with a couple of well positioned backpost clearances.

Long Time Red

Dalot is twice the dribbler that AWB is, while AWB is twice the defender. If we combined the two we would have the best 1on1 fullback in the world, but he still wouldn't be able to cross for shite
The stats clearly disagree:

Dalot vs Wan-Bissaka
Dribbles attempted per 90 mins 1.85 vs 2.75
Successful dribbles per 90 mins 0.74 vs 1.74
Success rate 40% vs 63.4%

As much as Dalot looks easier on the eye, statistically speaking he's not really superior to AWB in any category this season and AWB is having a shit season compared to the last 2.

AWB has played against much tougher opposition too.

Dalot may turn out to be a better player, but he's not better yet.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s improving all the time, but delivery is really poor.

Red00012

If only we could get Sancho to run to the corner flag when he sees Dalot crossing we could then recycle his shit cross

Dan_F

Dalot vs Wan-Bissaka

As much as Dalot looks easier on the eye, statistically speaking he's not really superior to AWB in any category this season and AWB is having a shit season compared to the last 2.

That’s the one part of AWB’s offensive game which is good. Unsurprising as a former winger. His crossing wasn’t too bad once he got to the by line, why seemed to be almost never. It’s a different kind of crossing to what Dalot is trying to do. Dalot is trying that whipped cross from a rolled back/stationary ball and just doesn’t have the technique.

The biggest thing are we benefitting from with Dalot is control. He’s comfortable receiving the ball and doing more than just passing it back. We rarely look like we’re in trouble against a press because there is decent passing options either side of the centre backs now. I’m not sure what the stats are on progressive passing for Dalot compared to AWB?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Dalot vs Wan-Bissaka

Hmmm.

AWB

Dalot

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Not really looking like he’s gonna make that RB spot his own. Not that he’s been terrible, but needs to show a lot more.

Pintu

Portugal, Milan, us at times. You don't play almost a 100 games for those 3 by the age of 22 if you're crap.
How on earth is he playing for Portugal, they have Guerreiro and Cancelo ffs?

Milan has Calabria and Théo who are definitely much better players than him. A part from Europa games, he souldn't start for them.

Long Time Red

Hmmm.

AWB

Dalot

Obviously they are not going to be identical but I'm not sure there is too much in it.

Wan-Bissaka has slightly higher pass completion but Dalot plays more progressive passes. Identical receiving %, expected assists, touches, carry distance.

AWB has played against far tougher opposition too so I think when you adjust for that the defensive stats are pretty similar. Dalot has also played most of his games with Varane which is probably a factor as well.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s nowhere near the standard required for us and never will be. AWB is a much better player in respect of the fact that he is a world class one on one defender despite his offensive short comings. Dalot is just shite.

Long Time Red

He’s nowhere near the standard required for us and never will be. AWB is a much better player in respect of the fact that he is a world class one on one defender despite his offensive short comings. Dalot is just shite.
Dalot is also only 22 and far from the finished article.

For context, Evra didn't join us until he was 24 and had a ropey first season.

Dalot can still come good and it's way too early to write him off.

We are not struggling for results because of our right backs.

Abraxas

He's a good passer of the ball at times but it doesn't seem to translate to crossing. I guess it's a slightly different skill but you'd think he'd alight upon some half decent ones through sheer luck and yet he somehow manages not to.

Still prefer him in the side for now. Lacks some dynamism in his play, it's all a bit one paced but I prefer having an outlet that can trap the ball and maybe find a little pass inside.

He's also not done a lot disastrously wrong in defence so I see no particular reason to change him, we've seen seasons of average play by AWB. Think people are talking rubbish to be honest, if there was a class player to go back to that's now fired up to perform then yes, but why change a guy doing reasonably well just to go back to that.

CloneMC16

I'm begging this lad to put one good cross in. I'm pretty sure he hasn't put one good one in all season. That diabolical one at the end of the game sums his up.

Grande

He's a good passer of the ball at times but it doesn't seem to translate to crossing. I guess it's a slightly different skill but you'd think he'd alight upon some half decent ones through sheer luck and yet he somehow manages not to.

Still prefer him in the side for now. Lacks some dynamism in his play, it's all a bit one paced but I prefer having an outlet that can trap the ball and maybe find a little pass inside.

He's also not done a lot disastrously wrong in defence so I see no particular reason to change him, we've seen seasons of average play by AWB. Think people are talking rubbish to be honest, if there was a class player to go back to that's now fired up to perform then yes, but why change a guy doing reasonably well just to go back to that.
He did well today in pressing and in bring play out, most of the game. Shame about the crosses, but he had some dangerous raids and passes in attack. I remember Gary had disastrous crosses for some years, but he trained on it and became an ok crosser. Of course, it helps if you have a right attacker like Becham to draw attention and buy you time on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.