Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

parkthebuslads

I'm not sure why but I really liked this moment during the last game from Bailly. It's rare to really enjoy watching a central defender but this guy has such a swagger to his game.

These are the 5 top CB's in the world IMO, by no particular order: Ramos, Bonucci, Boateng, Varane, Pique (yes he's still good IMO)
Then you have a tier of Godin (who has regressed but is still decent), Alderweireld, Hummels etc.
Going to have to disagree with you on Pique, he has cost Barca way too much in the last few seasons for me to consider him near the level of those others. A few of my Barca supporting mates have started absolutely despising him, especially after how much he runs his mouth. Agree with the other four though and would add in Chiellini

TsuWave

I'm not sure why but I really liked this moment during the last game from Bailly. It's rare to really enjoy watching a central defender but this guy has such a swagger to his game.
that's a great moment of defending. restricted attacker's options without committing early, made sure there was no space between his legs, and remembered to get his hands out of the way for no silly handball/pen

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
24 and already a top 10 defender in the world in my opinion. One could argue top 5.
One of those defenders who loves defending isn't it. Fir 30 Million he will look bargain for years.

AR87

Going to have to disagree with you on Pique, he has cost Barca way too much in the last few seasons for me to consider him near the level of those others. A few of my Barca supporting mates have started absolutely despising him, especially after how much he runs his mouth. Agree with the other four though and would add in Chiellini
Pique's just been living on his reputation of late. I always felt he was overrated because of the quality of the team in front of him and as he was lucky enough to play next to Puyol for much of Barca's golden period, but of late his performances have truly dipped.

Pique's just been living on his reputation of late. I always felt he was overrated because of the quality of the team in front of him and as he was lucky enough to play next to Puyol for much of Barca's golden period, but of late his performances have truly dipped.
Completely agree

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
That was brilliant anticipation from Bailly, Swansea defender asleep on the line barely saw him coming.

TsuWave

great reactions and we needed that breakthrough, hopefully this will open swansea up now

Minimalist

Second season and he's still a bit of a crazy cnut. In a good way I mean.

Glad he grabbed himself a goal though. He's an excellent buy.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
What the feck was he doing at that Swansea corner?
:lol:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Great anticipation for the goal. Thought he started badly but he definitely grew into the game

rooney2009

Reminds me a bit of Vidic,a bit mad and irrational sometimes but a solid defender who will only get better.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Reminds me a bit of Vidic,a bit mad and irrational sometimes but a solid defender who will only get better.
If only he had Vidic's heading ability. It's something Bailly is really lacking in for a CB.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If only he had Vidic's heading ability. It's something Bailly is really lacking in for a CB.
The jump and duck technique isn't the best.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Insanely offensive charge in the 1st half opened the whole game.

Key player to win this match.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Totally on it. Our open midfield invited pressure. He stood up to it though.

BenjaminP

I think he is the best defender in England right now.
And top 5 in Europe.

Minimalist

Probably just nicks the MOTM off Phil Jones for me. Excellent centre back with a mean streak.

togg

He really is turning into one of the best defensive signings for years at United. He's such a no nonsense defender in the Vidic mould. Delighted he scored today. His interviews suggest he's totally bought into the United aura/history.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Love Bailly. He so deserves his first goal for us. Here's to many more!:drool:

el3mel

Happy he got his goal finally. Our best defender and a has a potential to be one of the best in EPL some years later. :drool:

Devil may care

He's had a very good start to the season and he looks more comfortable with Jones than he did with Smalling.

Fracture90

Absolute fekin beast, got mad love for this guy! He does it all, even without the goal he's MOTM material! Just brilliant.

Most definitely future captain material.

Sylar

Loved that he followed up. Everybody else just stopped and he was like nah, thats my goal.

C3Pique

He looked better in the air today too, like he's been working on his technique. A couple of commanding headers from dangerous attacks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Strange style at corners, almost ducking down and resting his head on the attackers stomach! Not sure that's the best angle to leap from!

However, definitely first choice material

The first league goal in his career, you could tell he had no idea how to celebrate :lol: Delighted for him, such a happy lad but also a beast on the pitch, crazy to think he hadn't played a full field 11 a side game until he was 18. Top CB already and will only get better

ti vu

Strange style at corners, almost ducking down and resting his head on the attackers stomach! Not sure that's the best angle to leap from!

However, definitely first choice material
I think he's more about trying to constrain &a pressure the other team attacker than outright winning the header. He doesn't have the physique, height & broad build to outright win it against natural big tall physical player.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's got to be one of the most underrated defenders in the league surely. I love him, he's been a great buy for us. Pleased to see him get his first goal, right place at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.