Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMidfielders

This guy is rapidly becoming one of my favourite players, not perfect but he's still young and he's already a great defender, physically superb and very decent technically. Best cb we've had in a while.

ChaddyP

Vardy must be sick of having to play him. Bailly is faster than Vardy, stronger, taller and knows his movements inside out. Great game.

OldTrevil

I love Bailly and think he's a great defender. His partnership with Jones has been very good so far. It's always good when you can bet on our defense coming out on top when we face an attack/counterattack. My only issue with him is his heading, I'm not convinced the technique he uses to go up is the best. He has misjudged a couple of balls in the air the last few games and I always feel it's his jumping technique. It also looks like something he can easily change and I hope he quickly improves on it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His skillset and physical style are actually remind me of Frank Rijkaard. I wonder if he might be even better as DM. Although his progress so far could also make him one of the best CB in near future as well.

criticalanalysis

Thought it was bit of an iffy game for him. Wasn't very disciplined in the 2nd half and went hunting into no man's land a few times with Matic and Jones filling in.

Would like to see more passing onus from him and generally push up from the back more.

el3mel

Dominated Vardy as usual. Since last season I don't recall Vardy doing anything against us because Bailly dominated him every game we played with them.

Vardy must have nightmares about him now. :lol:

criticalanalysis

Hardly laid a foot wrong.

Your analysis is just being overly critical.
Perhaps. Most of our squad doesn't really 'deserve' criticism 80% of the time because 80% of the time we will face opponents where those criticism don't mean much as we're likely to win.

It's just in these games I want to see a bit more than simply 'beating what's in front of you' against the other 20% of teams.

Still it's early early days, we might not even see those finer details this year or next. Can't expect overnight improvements.

Aza Boy

His skillset and physical style are actually remind me of Frank Rijkaard. I wonder if he might be even better as DM. Although his progress so far could also make him one of the best CB in near future as well.
Whoaaaa mate, stop it right there. No offence. He is developing now our Baily, but comparing him with Rijkaard is tooooo early. Rijkaard was one of the great. DM, CM, CB, even occasionally AM. His technical skill was far away for Baily to reach.

I will be very happy if Baily can achieve a level of LilianThuram, another great defender. Similar style, similar posture he is with Thuram. Watched Parma when i was young, the beast of defender, Thuram was.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
What I love about him (and Jones as well) is that both are very calm. Even in dangerous situations, the deal with it and clear the situation super calm and controlloed

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Had to laugh when Vardy tried to outpace him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Whoaaaa mate, stop it right there. No offence. He is developing now our Baily, but comparing him with Rijkaard is tooooo early. Rijkaard was one of the great. DM, CM, CB, even occasionally AM. His technical skill was far away for Baily to reach.

I will be very happy if Baily can achieve a level of LilianThuram, another great defender. Similar style, similar posture he is with Thuram. Watched Parma when i was young, the beast of defender, Thuram was.
Just like Rashford reminds me of Henry, it doesn't mean that I think they are on the same level. But more on their style in general.

Baily has these aggressiveness, speed, and most importantly skill with the ability to create space. His short to medium passing are also pretty accurate. If I were the manager, I'd tried him as a DM.

You see, although Rio Ferdinand was one of the most skillful CB of all time, but you can tell he's a defender first and foremost. I just feel that Baily is more suited playing in midfield, similar to F. Rijkaard.

Canagel

This guy deserves more recognition from pundits. You never hear them mentioning Bailly when discussing who are the best centre backs in the PL are. I personally believe he is one of best in the world already and he's only going to get better with time. We're so lucky to have him considering he only cost 30m and I hope he'll stay for many more years.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
People gotta begin putting some damn respect on Bailly's name.

...everyone knows the level he's able to play at. Being so young just a matter of consistency and staying healthy for him. Get it's just 3 games in but he's already playing at a higher level than he was last season which was tremendous as is. Whatta stud :cool:

AR87

People gotta begin putting some damn respect on Bailly's name.

...everyone knows the level he's able to play at. Being so young just a matter of consistency and staying healthy for him. Get it's just 3 games in but he's already playing at a higher level than he was last season which was tremendous as is. Whatta stud :cool:
Bailly is awesome, but this comp doesn't paint the full picture as Madrid were a more dominant, attacking side that leave their defenders isolated more frequently than we did last season. That said I do believe Bailly will develop into a world class CB over the next couple of seasons.

FujiVice

Bailly's upside is shocking if you think about it. He's not even half of what he will become. He's so talented. Mourinho's uncovered an absolute gem here. Remember when we signed him, I dont think anyone expected a beast like this so early.

Stoke 2:2 Man Utd

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Disappointing first half from him. He has looked all over the shop, and was at fault for the goal too.

Classical Mechanic

Needs to come off if he is injured. Hope for his sake he has a niggle because he was awful on the goal. Two mistakes that both contributed directly to their goal is not good.

U99ted

Poor for the goal to let Chupo-Moting get past him like that, but he's capable of better.

Kapardin

Its' ok, he's a good player who's having an off day. Maybe the CL suspension is good for him, he can sit out the midweek fixture and come back focused.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had a good enough game and his pass for Rashford's chance was superb but he was at fault for stoke goal, played Diouf offside and also marked the player poorly.

Hojoon

2 mistakes for the goal, first for being behind everyone else and then switching off until it was too late. Talented but still learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.