Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
He's got to be one of the most underrated defenders in the league surely. I love him, he's been a great buy for us. Pleased to see him get his first goal, right place at the right time.
Not sure I'd call him underrated. Apart from United fans, a lot of people were raving about him after his start last season - especially compared to the CBs bought by other clubs in the same window. I think he's respected.

Acole9

Outstanding
Not sure I'd call him underrated. Apart from United fans, a lot of people were raving about him after his start last season - especially compared to the CBs bought by other clubs in the same window. I think he's respected.
He never gets mentioned when people talk about the best defenders in the league.

GM K

Bailly has this madness and arrogance about him that I like. He's like a defending genius. If he were a scientist, he would be like a Feynman or Dippel or even Einstein.
But be very ready for the day he will get a decisive red card or cause a costly penalty. It's in him. Generally brilliant but also potentially erratic.

Wal2Fra

My man of the match today. Was good to see him get a goal but also his display at the back. He was always there to halt any attack and was always in with a good challenge. He plays like a mix of Rio & Vida. Love him!

FromTheBench

He went on 2 crazy charges atleast.

Apart from that he was pretty good but he can cost us sometimes.

Trizy

He looked better in the air today too, like he's been working on his technique. A couple of commanding headers from dangerous attacks.
I noticed that today too. He also seems to have a massive leap on him too!

Love my some Bailey :drool:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
A very no nonsense type. Very aggressive (to a fault sometimes) and tenacious. Big fan of his. Still has a rash decision in him, but would easily say he's our best defender.

Ashley R1+O

Chuffed to bits for him, he's been a great signing. Solid as a rock defensively and got a goal reward today for being tenacious in the box.

CM

I loved the way he was defending corners for us yesterday, so unorthodox :D

TehRed

Not sure why he was marking Bartley on set pieces when we could have had someone taller marking the tall guy, and Bartley did get his head on a few chances as a result. But other than that, he was again very solid. Used his pace well at times. Great reactions for the opening goal, pleased for him that he's gotten on the scoresheet at last.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Between him and Alderweireld as the best center backs in the league IMO. Just class.

AdnanRED

Bailly has this madness and arrogance about him that I like. He's like a defending genius. If he were a scientist, he would be like a Feynman or Dippel or even Einstein.
But be very ready for the day he will get a decisive red card or cause a costly penalty. It's in him. Generally brilliant but also potentially erratic.
Lets just hope that red was the one he already got where he missed the europa and supercup final and that is the end of it lol.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I want to like this player, but he always gives me the 'willies'.

Eric Bailly, on his day, is a class act - a point clearly demonstrated against Swansea - but why does he give me a sense of nervous apprehension every time he plays?

I can't help feeling he's a tackle away from a red card or giving a penalty away. Against the likes of Swansea he will be fine, but it's in the big games, when it really matters, that I find myself asking the question: can he be trusted?
Garth Crooks on Bailly :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Lazy criticism.

That's the centre back equivalent of saying a full back is good going forward but suspect defensively.

DannyDee

I've been thinking about the high-end talent we have that is 24 and under (more specifically born on January 1st 1993 or later) and how many defenders of that age or younger are even in the discussion with Bailly right now? Off the top of my head, I would say Varane, Giminez and Sule, but it's very limited company. Combine that with arguably the best CM in the world of that age (Pogba) and a top 5 striker/#9 in that age group, we have a ridiculous spine going forward.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lazy criticism.

That's the centre back equivalent of saying a full back is good going forward but suspect defensively.
Yep i see it a lot but has bailly ever actually done something to cause that reaction? He seems very calm most of the time. Likes to do acrobatic clearances and jumps and is unique in a way, but almost never goes in too aggressively to give you the thought that he'l get sent off.

Sure the europa league thing happened, but im convinced their guy did something or said something as both valencia and bailly suddenly wet mad. It happens.

Paul_Scholes18

Great game today. Such a beast. We have such a good set of central defenders! Keep this up now Bailly!

Walters_19_MuFc

Like Jones, he is so eager to, first and foremost, defend. He just loves defending. Another solid performance.

Only criticism was the last min of the game when he ran over Gray, whilst Valencia was there and left Slimani free, who nearly scored.

Other than that, like I said, very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.