Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not everything shit that happens in a game is the fault of ETH.
Except Casemiro has routinely been making basic mistakes for a long time and never once been dropped. I could've told you before the game that Casemiro would make a huge error.

Martinez4midfield

Supports
Ajax
I'm beginning to wonder if he's playing Case at the back just to kind of say "see, see what I'm working with?" Casemiro dire at cb, I can't watch a legendary player like this be humiliated.

I think it's more mental they physical, how can you concentrate playing in a position you're not familiar with asking yourself how the feck is ambrabat and Mctominay playing ahead of me. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Erik world do this poorly.

Last edited:

stevoc

I don‘t think they do what Ten Hag is asking them. They are asked to push up higher than they are and cover for each other.

That wasn‘t happening against Palace.
We've played the same way all season mate.

Do you not think if they weren't playing as he asked Ten Hag might bring it up at some point in the last 9 months?

davidmichael

I said during the Palace game that Casemiro should never play centre back again and was asked who else is there to which I said Louis Jackson for the Palace game seeing as he’s highly rated and could have been guided through the game by Evans both in their natural positions by ETH doesn’t have the bollocks to genuinely play youth.

I don’t want to hear “what about Garnacho and Mainoo” as he couldn’t ignore them due to them actually being better than a lot of the first team but at this stage of the season and with nothing to play for why not play Amass, Jackson, Kambwala, the Fletcher’s, Fitzgerald and Lacey to give them first team experience ?

Yes Arsenal are better than us but watching us dominated at home on a regular basis is unacceptable and I’m glad Ratcliffe is there today to watch it, I’d ask Tuchel’s agent if he’d be willing to leave Bayern immediately and be in place for the cup final.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His sarcastic posts are basically the same as your non sarcastic posts. Of course you would like them :drool:
They aren't, but I wouldn't trust your competence to know the difference.

Atheist

Sort of interesting how we don’t hoof the ball at every opportunity when Bruno is not playing.

SER19

Think we're set up pretty well today considering our defensive trio is evans casemiro and amrabat and our full backs are on wrong sides..... And McTominay is almost a 10.

binary bot
Amads minutes this year is criminal when you consider our position and problems.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We've played the same way all season mate.

Do you not think if they weren't playing as he asked Ten Hag might bring it up at some point in the last 9 months?
He may well have. Players ignoring the manager at United isn't exactly a first.

Jezpeza

Same old. Half time, 0 shots on target, arsenal just sticking two banks of 4 in there when we have the ball and leaving no space for garnacho to run in behind so thats pretty much it for our attacking ideas. This is the worst football we have played in my lifetime by some stretch.

Amira

Amad is an example of why the “He mustn’t be impressing in training” argument is nonsensical when a player we all suspect is better is struggling to get chances. It’s also possible the manager simply doesn’t fancy him.

Remember, our manager once started Forson ahead of him.

This is my major issue with him staying. I do not trust his eye for talent and/or his ability to admit he has made a mistake and take responsibility. Instead he seems to double and triple down at the expense of results.

stevoc

Nevs right here. It reminds me of when I bought the wrong part for my Car, I replaced it but it only lasted a few months and wasnt working right because that wasn't the right pary either. I bought a new one last month, think I fecked up again and got the wrong part. But I can't keep this cycle going so I'm just going to stick with the new part that isn't working properly and just hope for the best.

Cars don't really need the correct brake pads anyway.

E-mal

Cnut, nepotistic, egomaniac, saving his skin to
Make sure Antony proves value for money ahead of better players.
What a cnut

mu4c_20le

Nevs right here. It reminds me of when I bought the wrong part for my Car, I replaced it but it only lasted a few months and wasnt working right because that wasn't the right pary either. I bought a new one last month, think I fecked up again and got the wrong part. But I can't keep this cycle going so I'm just going to stick with the new part that isn't working properly and just hope for the best.

There you go. Instead of wasting more money potentially getting it wrong again, just be happy with what you've got.

Malone_Post

Amad showing with every touch of the ball that he’s clearly a better player than Antony. Makes ETH’s refusal to give the lad more minutes this season look even more ridiculous.

The squad is a mess but in Garnacho, Mainoo & Amad we have 3 seriously talented players to build the next team around. Let’s not waste them on a lame duck like ETH.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Amad is an example of why the “He mustn’t be impressing in training” argument is nonsensical when a player we all suspect is better is struggling to get chances. It’s also possible the manager simply doesn’t fancy him.

Remember, our manager once started Forson ahead of him.

This is my major issue with him staying. I do not trust his eye for talent and/or his ability to admit he has made a mistake and take responsibility. Instead he seems to double and triple down at the expense of results.
It's an attempt at rationalizing what seems to be a truly illogical decision tbh. Like ETH cannot have been so stupid to give Antony so many chances when Amad is clearly the better player.
In the end, ETH might just be a fool

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

I heard the cars get used to wrong parts at time and they become good fit. Same as managers, shit managers somehow become world class, especially those that don't want to change anything regarding their philosophy and think everything they do is right, stubborn as your metal brake pads.

Malone_Post

His eye for talent is obviously shocking. You only need to look at his team selections and signings. Anyone that still backs this manager is an idiot. He couldn’t realistically be doing much worse of a job.

stevoc

He may well have. Players ignoring the manager at United isn't exactly a first.
Yeah so amongst themselves they've decided no matter who plays that they'll always play the exact same way. A way that doesn't seem to suit any of them and isn't conducive to winning football matches.

And not only that the manager is going along with it in public, even defending their chosen tactics as his own. How likely do you think that really is mate?

hobbers

Buy Antony for £85m, stick by him with his disappointing first season form, then legal troubles, then catastrophic performances this season, start him over Amad all season long if Rashford is unavailable.

Then he ends up leaking to Brazilian media, walking out when he gets left on the bench, and calling you a stupid egg in the players group chat.

Hilarious. So not just a shockingly bad eye for talent, a shocking judge of character.

msjmohd83

Hojlund should have scored but he slipped :(, seriously i think we should find a proven goalscorer to lead the attack next season. Hojlund's role should be like Alvarez for city. i don't understand why he always back to goal so much and pass it to others. I mean try to make a goal for yourself once in a while take a shot.

stevoc

I heard the cars get used to wrong parts at time and they become good fit. Same as managers, shit managers somehow become world class, especially those that don't want to change anything regarding their philosophy and think everything they do is right, stubborn as your metal brake pads.
Fingers crossed.

AndyMUFC

Antony is his player that the club spent nearly 90m on and Amad isn’t. It’s as simple as that. Nothing to do with talent.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yes, can't believe he sat on a talent like Amad and preferred Rashford and Antony over him.

SirBillNic

Supports
Spurs
I actually like Neville but when it comes to manager discussions, he doesn't half talk some bollocks. His opinion is just irrelevant.
He has this fantasy that any manager given time will be successful. As if it's not the actual person that matters.

Doesn't work that way, in fact most managers tend to sink further and further the more time they're given. The caliber of person who can succeed as a manager at the very top of the league is very very rare. Naturally it takes a lot of trial and error to find such a person (unless there's a case like City where they had the connections to get Guardiola, who was as sure a bet as possible). The other managers who were truly successful in the league took time, but there was still very clear evidence of forward progress.

The average manager sees their greatest success early on at a club, when there's a honeymoon period with players, manager and fans. When it still feels a bit exotic. When it starts getting stale and regressing, that's usually a sign that it's over. The people in charge have to make the determination (which can be difficult) whether what they're seeing is an average manager going through a typical long-term decline which won't be recovered from, or a special manager experiencing a dip which he will eventually get the team through.

Imo with ETH there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel. I think he's probably lost the enthusiasm of the players. If he was my boss and I had to work for him I don't think I would be enjoying it or have faith that his leadership is taking us in the right direction. But that's just my opinion looking in from the outside.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yeah so amongst themselves they've decided no matter who plays that they'll always play the exact same way. A way that doesn't seem to suit any of them and isn't conducive to winning football matches.

And not only that the manager is going along with it in public, even defending their chosen tactics as his own. How likely do you think that really is mate?
Not only that but also ETH who is a strict disciplinarian (one thing you cannot deny) is actually happy to continue playing them every game, despite them ignoring his orders and playing their own way.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He has this fantasy that any manager given time will be successful. As if it's not the actual person that matters.

Doesn't work that way, in fact most managers tend to sink further and further the more time they're given. The caliber of person who can succeed as a manager at the very top of the league is very very rare. Naturally it takes a lot of trial and error to find such a person (unless there's a case like City where they had the connections to get Guardiola, who was as sure a bet as possible). The other managers who were truly successful in the league took time, but there was still very clear evidence of forward progress.

The average manager sees their greatest success early on at a club, when there's a honeymoon period with players, manager and fans. When it still feels a bit exotic. When it starts getting stale and regressing, that's usually a sign that it's over. The people in charge have to make the determination (which can be difficult) whether what they're seeing is an average manager going through a typical long-term decline which won't be recovered from, or a special manager experiencing a dip which he will eventually get the team through.

Imo with ETH there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel. I think he's probably lost the enthusiasm of the players. If he was my boss and I had to work for him I don't think I would be enjoying it or have faith that his leadership is taking us in the right direction. But that's just my opinion looking in from the outside.
He knows that, that's why he sacks managers at Salford.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
He has to go!
Unfortunately because I had big hopes for him.

Continuing with Cas as a CB despite recent ultra poor performances is indefensible.
Why haven’t he used Amad more?
What’s McToms tactical instructions because at the moment he just strolling around with zero defensive impact.
Hojlund has been a a disappointment this season. Limited and a little bit brainless.

Dalot and Amrabat has been good.
Amad deserves another season.

Our squad needs a restart. I see no desire or willingness to fight. That’s on the manager.