Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 304 41.1%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 436 58.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Yakuza_devils

All the optimism gone after 2 games. The performance was dire and in need of serious changes. The situation is like at the end of Ole tenure. Dispirited team, no desire and fight in them, no team play, tactic was awful and players jogging on the pitch.

Hope he can improve the team fast with or without new signings. He should be much better coach than Ole and Rangnick. But it's not showing at all.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I've never been more disappointed in a full time manager here.

I expected shit with Moyes and Mourinho, and didn't expect too much from Ole and van Gaal.

I thought ten Hag would be good, though. I thought we finally hired a manager who understood the importance of press resistant players. Nope. Fill the squad with more shite in Eriksen and Casemiro.
What the feck kind of travesty post is this :houllier: imagine thinking casemiro or Eriksen are shite. Contender for dumbest opinion I've ever seen

Waynne

All the optimism gone after 2 games. The performance was dire and in need of serious changes. The situation is like at the end of Ole tenure. Dispirited team, no desire and fight in them, no team play, tactic was awful and players jogging on the pitch.

Hope he can improve the team fast with or without new signings. He should be much better coach than Ole and Rangnick. But it's not showing at all.
He is a better coach than both.
He has only had a handful of pre-season games with these players. Afford him time to assess the problems and address them because we all know there's some individuals in this team that are not United quality and never will be.

newgiz

Listened to EtH's second part of the press conference and there's a few interesting bits there. Picked up something which I thought was worth highlighting.
  • When asked if the players have provided any reason for the loss at Brentford, he says he isn't interested about the reason and expects the players to deliver (Between 5:24 and 6:18 in the link provided below)
  • He also mentioned earlier in the video that he expects better standards and when asked if the players reacted angrily to the extra training session on Monday, he hoped the players were angry on themselves.
This coupled with earlier comments about wanting to sub all 11 players if he had the option, indicates that he isn't one to accept lack of effort or players who don't follow his instructions. I would really be interested to see what could be the starting 11 perhaps in a couple of months. I am of the opinion that we could very well see a significant amount of changes.

Last edited:

largelyworried

Listened to EtH's second part of the press conference and there's a few interesting bits there. Picked up something which I thought was worth highlighting.
  • When asked if the players have provided any reason for the loss at Brentford, he says he isn't interested about the reason and expects the players to deliver (Between 5:24 and 6:18 in the link provided below)
  • He also mentioned earlier in the video that he expects better standards and when asked if the players reacted angrily to the extra training session on Monday, he hoped the players were angry on themselves.
This coupled with earlier comments about wanting to sub all 11 players if he had the option, indicates that he isn't one to accept lack of effort or players who don't follow his instructions. I would really be interested to see what could be the starting 11 perhaps in a couple of months. I am of the opinion that we could very well see a significant amount of changes.
Our work rate has been awful for so long it's ridiculous. I watched the end of the Liverpool game against Palace the other day, you honestly couldn't tell who was a man down. They worked like dogs in that game. Our guys just seem to work then they want to. If ETH did nothing else but turn that attitude around, it would make a huge difference.

WZAWZDB

Supports
Ajax
Our work rate has been awful for so long it's ridiculous. I watched the end of the Liverpool game against Palace the other day, you honestly couldn't tell who was a man down. They worked like dogs in that game. Our guys just seem to work then they want to. If ETH did nothing else but turn that attitude around, it would make a huge difference.
I am a Dutch Ajax fan and MU fan. In Amsterdam we are glad ETH has left the club. His biggest disadvantage is that he is not able to make changes to a team during a match. In this way, we have lost many crucial games in the CL. F.i. the last one against Benfica in March 2022. Or the dramatic changes during the CL semi-final against Spurs. Good luck today. I keep my fingers crossed.

newgiz

Agreed. I also happened to watch the Liverpool game and agree with your sentiment. Even with 10 men down, Liverpool performed incredibly and dominated. I am pessimistic about today's game. I can't see how we can turn this around in a week. Its going to take quite a bit of time.

Kill3r7

I am a Dutch Ajax fan and MU fan. In Amsterdam we are glad ETH has left the club. His biggest disadvantage is that he is not able to make changes to a team during a match. In this way, we have lost many crucial games in the CL. F.i. the last one against Benfica in March 2022. Or the dramatic changes during the CL semi-final against Spurs. Good luck today. I keep my fingers crossed.
Alternatively, Ajax hasn’t looked that dominant in the CL since LvG. It works both ways.

newgiz

Well he was also responsible for you to reach the semi final. If someone tells me that we will make the CL Semi-final within the next 3 years, I will take it. Hopefully he also develops himself along with the team.

EngimaMK

No one is paying 50 million for harry, no one.

None of the prices you quoted are realistic at all simply due to the wage were paying them , not many could match that and those who can would look for better options, why buy Maguire when you could get koulibaly for example.
Yeah, he's proving to be awesome for them :lol:

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Love the Pep Guardiola is my idol!

Erik ten Hag: “When the attitude is no good from the team, often the leaders are not there because they are the ones who give the example + go in front. That is a point we have to work on. It doesn’t have to be senior players.” #MUFC

Its quite telling that he chose to say the lack of leaders on the pitch is part of the problem. Our captain who is polar opposite to what a captain should be, should be the first one to come out and be interviewed after every game, the fact he runs and hides shows how far below standard he really is. Hope he gets dropped to the bench tonight throws a hissy fit and asks for a transfer away the charlatan.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolutely love ETH. back this man all the way, he will turn this shit around.

crossy1686

career ending
Looks like he wants to change the attack completely.
He's changing the spine. Martinez, De Jong/Casemiro, Antony, Eriksen etc. He's basically speed running a rebuild by getting a spine that plays the way he wants to play instead of giving players like Maguire and McTomminay a season to see if they can do it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
CL is least of our concerns now. So thanks :)

Blood Mage

His targeting of Eredivisie players continues to be a concern. Antony is understandable as his talent is obvious but Martinez doesn't look good enough so far and I don't think Gakpo will be a success here either, he looks like another Depay.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
He's changing the spine. Martinez, De Jong/Casemiro, Antony, Eriksen etc. He's basically speed running a rebuild by getting a spine that plays the way he wants to play instead of giving players like Maguire and McTomminay a season to see if they can do it.
Wholesale changes needed everywhere. Hoping by the start of next season most of last seasons players will be away for good. Starting with captain marvel.

mu4c_20le

You guys are glad that your most successful manager since Van Gaal has left the club? Makes total sense. Good luck with Schreuder. He seems like a nice guy, but has the charisma of a potted plant.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Wide players don't matter as much as the players down the middle in the grand scheme of things but we do need a new 10 players to be fair
Yeah, if we are only to sign one more player this window let it be FDJ or a cm than a wide player…but we are signing Gapko Antony AND FDJ :)

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
His targeting of Eredivisie players continues to be a concern. Antony is understandable as his talent is obvious but Martinez doesn't look good enough so far and I don't think Gakpo will be a success here either, he looks like another Depay.
You have seen feck all with Martinez. Get a grip. No offense mate, but this constant bitching about Martinez is embarrassing.

How much have you seen of Gakpo ?

bosskeano

fuking Pep starts Nathan Ake at CB and he's 5'11 yet NOBODY says fuk all about it b/c it's Pep but ETH get slammed in the press and by his own supporters for bringing in Martinez

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
There's going to be some adjustment for Martinez, his height means feck all. Chelsea were after Kounde and he's 5 foot 8. Clearly you'd prefer a slightly taller CB but as long as they have a good leap and are physically imposing then that should be good enough.

Santos J

There's going to be some adjustment for Martinez, his height means feck all. Chelsea were after Kounde and he's 5 foot 8. Clearly you'd prefer a slightly taller CB but as long as they have a good leap and are physically imposing then that should be good enough.
Kounde is 5'10

Santos J

Transfermarket has him at 1,78m which is 5'8.
It isn't 1.78m = 5'10", google just doesnt convert to feet and inches it just converts to feet so 178cm = 5 full feet and .8 of the next "full foot", which works out at just over 5ft 10"

WZAWZDB

Supports
Ajax
You guys are glad that your most successful manager since Van Gaal has left the club? Makes total sense. Good luck with Schreuder. He seems like a nice guy, but has the charisma of a potted plant.
Yes, actually ETH's approach had already been worked out last year. We have become champions on our gums. The competition should not have lasted 1 week longer. The ETH approach could no longer motivate players. So his departure is a win situation for us. The club needed a new trainer and together with the arrival of the new management we are already anticipating the coming years. New toppers present themselves, which we eventually sell for a lot of money. That's called policy.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The fact that he's probably going to drop his captain after two games shows the man has stones.

Awwal Lawal

One subtle change due to the two losses is Ten Hag's response to the media as he is a bit more open and providing more clarity to his thought process which is a stark difference from the earlier curt response to the press before the start of the season.

I just hope he can quickly stem the tide and turn things around going forward.

These kind of insipid performance by any team for any coach and the attendant avalanche of bad press can be gut wrenching.

Greck

Looks like he wants to change the attack completely.
So many ill fits are going to get phased out, even with coaching. It's just beginning. Can think of 1 or 2 in attack who need to buck up or the next signings will make them obsolete.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
You dont speak for all of us bro. Im sad he left. He build us back to a top 10 club in Europe, watch us drop to a top 20/30 club again with Schreuder. We have so much to thank EtH for, including player development and the structure he brought.
The first months under EtH were hard to watch as the players werent used to his system, after that we became a machine.
The game against Benfica should have been won but our forwards weren’t on point both games, shit happens.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Ronaldo and Maguire on the bench.
What a statement. This man must be backed.

LordSpud

Just watched the Ten Hag interview with Carragher and Neville. They asked him about how often he is in contact with the Glazers and his answer made it sound like hes never spoken to them!