Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

bludsucker

Now that’s more like it. Maguire and Ronaldo beed to stay on the bench thus whole season. ETH got the big calls right and hats off to him. Hope we continue the same momentum and energy and concentration in the second half too.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Can’t wait to see what this guy can do with his own xi. Scintillating half with the tools at his disposal; just imagine what it looks like with all xi in unison and of the prerequisite quality!

slored1

No more Maguire and Shaw is a good start, now work this week and half to get Bruno and Rashford off.
Rashford, De Gea and Dalot should be the next people out of the lineup. I am not including McTominay because Casemiro will replace and banish him into nothingness.

Teja

We're not able to deal with their movement at all, 30-70 possession.

I think the last ditch defending is fine but we really have to do better than we did under Ole. I think they're so terrified of losing the ball against the Pool press that they're just lumping it at every opportunity for Rashford to chase.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
He’s only signing warriors that plays with PASSION. Somethings that we’ve been clearly lacking. Nice to see!

waza7111

Sometimes players don't fit a manager's style of play no matter how big their name is. Klopp bought in a whole new team to suit his philosophy. Same with Guardiola. ETH will probably need to do the same as a lot of these players won't be able to do what he wants.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
There is no valid alternatives
Get in Antony, and Casemiro is already in. Possibly Frenkie too.

For this half, bring in Fred, Martial/Ronaldo.

Bruno and Rashford have been wank after the first 15 mins.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

I think the last ditch defending is fine but we really have to do better than we did under Ole. I think they're so terrified of losing the ball against the Pool press that they're just lumping it at every opportunity for Rashford to chase.
I mean the first 30 minutes we dominated, only the last 15 minutes we completely dropped off

el3mel

He's learning from his mistakes, no doubt about it. Hopefully the last time we ever see Maguire and Shaw as main players for us.

Hopefully Bruno and Rashford are next on his list.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Ole had many of these moments. We could end up losing the next game. However, Happy to see some progress, but the question has got to be asked, why it took him this long to figure things out towards the intensity we should be playing at. This should be a standard not just at Liverpool. I hope it will not be like Ole, where we only start showing up when our manager job is on the line

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

You can't turn such a shite team completely after one game. Great 15-20 minutes, great attitude for the entire game is more than good so far. It's actually amazing so far.

Irwin99

Baby steps and all but that first half was more like it. Some problems are still very obvious but a marked improvement.

Hope he gets his subs right because our energy levels could drop at this rate.

AndySmith1990

Ole had many of these moments. We could end up losing the next game. However, Happy to see some progress, but the question has got to be asked, why it took him this long to figure things out towards the intensity we should be playing at. This should be a standard not just at Liverpool. I hope it will not be like Ole, where we only start showing up when our manager job is on the line
"took this long" ? It's his 3rd fecking game

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
"took this long" ? It's his 3rd fecking game
Had Preseason as well. We should have started of the season exactly with such intensity and not take a beating from Brentford to perform like this. It isn't the right mentality because we need to have that consistent mentality throughout the season, not just select games if we are trying to challenge for the title and get top four

Teja

I mean the first 30 minutes we dominated, only the last 15 minutes we completely dropped off
You can't turn such a shite team completely after one game. Great 15-20 minutes, great attitude for the entire game is more than good so far. It's actually amazing so far.
Yup I agree but it's eerily reminiscent of the problems under Ole. We go in with a plan on who goes where during the press and as soon as the opposition varies things a little bit we're headless chickens. Villareal etc. come to mind.

Firmino is creating overloads everywhere - Martinez is trying to hand him off to Eriksen / McT it's 2v3 almost every time because Bruno is too far forward and playing almost as a second striker again.

Many other issues of the same sort.

Witchking

Just nonsense. A team who are unable to play together, go in a shell the moment they concede and your want them to be on the front foot the whole game against one of Europe's best sides.

Instead of seeing progress, just complain. I don't expect United to win. I still expect them to lose but I am seeing the team playing and defending together. That's a decent start to build on.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yup I agree but it's eerily reminiscent of the problems under Ole. We go in with a plan on who goes where during the press and as soon as the opposition varies things a little bit we're headless chickens. Villareal etc. come to mind.

Firmino is creating overloads everywhere - Martinez is trying to hand him off to Eriksen / McT it's 2v3 almost every time because Bruno is too far forward and playing almost as a second striker again.

Many other issues of the same sort.
Yeah well, we don't have an actually defensive midfielder in. Casemiro will help immensely. He plugs all those gaps and it's what we've needed for years. Its also Ten Hags 3rd game. Takes time.

Polar

Let’s see. We are very familiar with playing one good half. The last 15m and the start of second half is a bit worrying. I don’t care how we play second half as long as we win :)

Crashoutcassius

Reverted to ole tactics and it just suits these players so much better. He is such a flexible manager it makes me wonder if he will just go to build a counter attacking team, especially now with an elite DM. It is probably his most realistic view to being a success here. He is certainly a Wiley enough coach to do it better than ole and mourinho did it

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Reverted to ole tactics and it just suits these players so much better. He is such a flexible manager it makes me wonder if he will just go to build a counter attacking team, especially now with an elite DM. It is probably his most realistic view to being a success here. He is certainly a Wiley enough coach to do it better than ole and mourinho did it
He will still build his own team. The difference between him and low level managers like ole is they know to get the best out of the team. I. Different situations not just go fifa mode and build a team come hell or high water

Crashoutcassius

He will still build his own team. The difference between him and low level managers like ole is they know to get the best out of the team. I. Different situations not just go fifa mode and build a team come hell or high water
Ye as I said I think he would do it better than ole or mourinho. Would be interesting if he went that way though

el3mel

This win will ease the pressure a lot from the team after the last 2 games. Atmosphere should be better in the next few weeks especially if we build on this.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ten Hag actually made a really good sub!! This has to be the team going forward.. obviously replace Mctominay for Casemiro.

NewUser777

This win will ease the pressure a lot from the team after the last 2 games. Atmosphere should be better in the next few weeks especially if we build on this.
Agree. Playing “Ole Ball” will do fine for confidence, and it is what we are good at with this squad.