Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 432 48.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 462 51.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

georgipep

And again I have not called Ten Hag a "fraud" "incompetent" or any of the colorful language you and the crew use when you describe people you dont like. See the difference?

I even went out of my way to state that the loss is on the players, not Ten Hag. How the hell is that being critical?
Yet you did write this:

This isnt Too Fast 2 Furious: Ride Together Die Together.

The manager should and have to play the team he feels is most likely to win.

Garnacho cant buy a start, yet Wout keeps his spot in the First XI despite having been subbed off at either HT or early in the 2nd half multiple times due to performance. He has yet again had a poor first half and will likely get subbed off again at HT.

If he feels Wout in particular is the best option, then that is the managers decision. I am all for allowing players to redeem themselves, but the knockout stages of the European competition is not the arena for a feelgood story.

I think I defended the managers right to pick the first XI he feels is the best to win. I criticized Oles choice to pick Maguire, this is not different.
Nar, you attempted to play both sides of the coin again there. The post was clearly slagging off Ten Hag’s team choice and “ride together die together philosophy” which has no place in the late stages of European competition.

Robbie Boy

And again I have not called Ten Hag a "fraud" "incompetent" or any of the colorful language you and the crew use when you describe people you dont like. See the difference?

I even went out of my way to state that the loss is on the players, not Ten Hag. How the hell is that being critical?
Well, I wasn't part of that 'crew' you keep mentioning, so your gaslighting won't work. As I said, I was generally fair to Ole, and was with him until the wheels fell off. So, no, I don't see the difference as you aren't speaking about me? As I said, my issues were never with Ole, only with his fans. I didn't rate him, but he done ok considering his obvious limitations.

Why did you only pipe up very vocally after the Liverpool defeat? It's very peculiar, no? You never nitpicked with Ole, but suddenly it's ok now after one bad defeat.

georgipep

I think I defended the managers right to pick the first XI he feels is the best to win. I criticized Oles choice to pick Maguire, this is not different.
You have been overwhelmingly a balanced poster, with an analytical and objective view of most topics discussed around here.

I do, however, sense that Ten Hag doesn't get the same treatment as Ole did, in your posts. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's bitterness. Maybe it's something completely different.

Regardless, hope you continue being an analytical and objective poster who brings perspective from their own life and experience as a manager of people and custodian of a business.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Napoli 27 wins out of 33 = 81,8%(!)
United 31/43 = 72,1%
Barca 27/38 = 71,1%
PSG 27/38 = 71,1%
Real 27/40 = 67,5%
City 27/40 = 67,5%
The win percentage is interesting, but beyond only the percentage, the fact we've played so many games (more than any one else) should be factored in, especially taking into consideration we're a squad on the rebuild. The games are coming thick and fast, the downtime for players is almost non-existent, there's little room for rotation... It's an amazing stat whichever way you look at it, we're having a great season.

Rusholme Ruffian

Hmm, I haven't gone through and checked, but my guess is that you only started criticising Ole's picking Maguire at the very end of his tenure when you sensed that Maguire's poor performances were going to get him the sack.

One thing is for certain, you weren't criticising his team selections or philosophy 30 odd games into the job.

VidaMata

What he sees in Antony and Weghorst is beyond me. He's not a great judge of talent.
That's obvious.

He shipped off CR7 who now regularly scores hat-tricks in one of the best leagues in Asia. He didn't do shit to keep positive characters like PogPog and J-Lin who both did wanders for our social media accounts. Instead, he populated squad with questionable, overly aggressive characters like The Butcher, Blondie, Dutch Donkey and that overpaid old sieve discarded by Madrid.

What an insecure looser. Probably cause he's bold and has a stutter.

NLunited

That's obvious.

He shipped off CR7 who now regularly scores hat-tricks in one of the best leagues in Asia. He didn't do shit to keep positive characters like PogPog and J-Lin who both did wanders for our social media accounts. Instead, he populated squad with questionable, overly aggressive characters like The Butcher, Blondie, Dutch Donkey and that overpaid old sieve discarded by Madrid.

What an insecure looser. Probably cause he's bold and has a stutter.
:lol: :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Some people are really going to struggle if we progress to the Quarters in the Europa League, Semis of the FA Cup and win our remaining league games in March cos he might end up Manager of the Month for March too...in spite of 'the worst day ever'!
Only this would count but I think losing 7 - 0 should automatically disqualify you from being manager of that month if I'm honest :lol:

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Some people are really going to struggle if we progress to the Quarters in the Europa League, Semis of the FA Cup and win our remaining league games in March cos he might end up Manager of the Month for March too...in spite of 'the worst day ever'!
Unlikely as we only have one PL game left in March. Next weekend is the FA cup and then I think its the break.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
We just have to iron out the Midfield structure to stop conceding alot of chances, then everything will be perfectly fine.

Please read the article.

Sylar

We just have to iron out the Midfield structure to stop conceding alot of chances, then everything will be perfectly fine.

Please read the article.

I feel like half of those came in the Liverpool game. Also think having a higher line goalkeeper can make a difference too. And defo a midfield where we can retain and recycle possession.

The Oracle

He wants to implement his vision, and the way we bounced back last night against Real Betis, shows that no matter what bumps in the road we encounter along the way, Erik ten Hag will continue to take us on our upward trajectory.

Revaulx

Ridiculous condescending he was, bizarre how many Ole-fanatics appear not just hypocritical, but desperate for it to go South for ETH, just so it can paint Ole in a good light.
Either that, or they’re so desperate for their idiotic views on Ole to be proven even partially correct that actively wish things to go tits up for their own team.

Noggie posters like Cato appeared on redcafe for one reason, and only show up now when they feel they can continue that nonsense. Make no mistake, Ole is their entire reason for being on redcafe.
They will probably respond that Swedes have an “agenda” as a result of being “butthurt” over losing Norway in 1905 :lol:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Ridiculous condescending he was, bizarre how many Ole-fanatics appear not just hypocritical, but desperate for it to go South for ETH, just so it can paint Ole in a good light.
Either that, or they’re so desperate for their idiotic views on Ole to be proven even partially correct that actively wish things to go tits up for their own team.

Noggie posters like Cato appeared on redcafe for one reason, and only show up now when they feel they can continue that nonsense. Make no mistake, Ole is their entire reason for being on redcafe.
Are there really people who would rather United fail just to stick up for an old manager? I haven’t seen that. Would be very weird if true, if they are Infact fans of the club.

I see people niggling at ten Haag and I’d say sometimes that’s justified just to have an opinion on certain things he’s done. I loved ole as manager but like I’ve said ten Haag is a different level and feel lucky we have him here, I still don’t agree with everything he’s done, but that’s just fans and football.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If he can win the Europa league, and finish 3rd aswell as already having the caraboa then that’s a very good season in his first season in England. Beats klopp and guardiola anyway.

mu4c_20le

I don't know about anyone else but I'm just happy to see he is still on peoples minds

Marwood

Please read the article.

Good article that.

Certainly in terms of stats we're having a peculiar season. Up there in terms of clean sheet but also conceding lots of shots and on the end of a few drubbings. Heavily reliant on one player for goals but with it a brilliant win rate.

Even our goal difference. Would be interesting to know how many teams have finished 3rd with around a +6 goal difference.

These things don't usually go hand in hand.

Liverpool considered to be having a poor season but they've scored more and conceded less than us.

Either way ETH is making it work as well as can be expected in his first year.

next_number_seven

If he can win the Europa league, and finish 3rd aswell as already having the caraboa then that’s a very good season in his first season in England. Beats klopp and guardiola anyway.
Liverpool are on 45 trophies and we're on 43, so if we win FA cup and EL, we're back level