Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 411 47.1%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 461 52.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This one is on him again. He's been making some odd choices of late.

Still think he's the right man though

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's done a lot of good but where he has done pretty horribly is managing us away to anyone remotely difficult. Barcelona the single exception. We've been battered away by Arsenal, city, Liverpool, Newcastle and Brentford. Not much between any of the performances. All could have been 7-0 like Liverpool. Just finishing on the day. That's on him setting us up horribly.

I'm confident he'll get it right and adapt, but yeah, not good that at all.

spiriticon

This why you don't get beat 7-0 by your greatest rivals. Everything just goes to shit.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Needs to sort out our away form, poor again.

Trust him to get it right, really rubbish today.

Lights Out

It was like we were playing with 10 men after those subs.

That was a disgrace of a performance

Skills

Snitch
Dreadful stuff today but we've been poor for a while. Rashford's individual brilliance has been papering over the cracks.

5 points from 27 against the top 12 away from home is appalling. With Spurs and more worryingly Brighton still to come.

After 27 games last season Rangnick had only 3 less points. The wheels could really come off again for us if he doesn't get hold of it.

Brentford looks another nightmare game.
That's crazy.

Rockets Redglare

I do wonder if he’d still be here if we hadn’t signed Casemiro. We look exactly the same as last season without him in the team.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Started with the wrong tactics with mctominay,weghorst & bruno playing deep.

ScholesyTheWise

yeah, a bad run from him lately.

Will be interesting to see what he can come up with, while his best midfielders are out.

He has lots of credit in the bank. am not worried.

He has things to sort out. He has his faults.
We need to have better players in many positions.

interesting 1 or 2 ahead.

Shite last couple of weeks.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I'd be more critical of ETH's team selection if I knew who the hell ye all thought he should have picked today that would have made a difference.

Weghorst is bad. But our only other option to play at CF is Rashford, who is worse in that position than at LW. And for the sake of moving our biggest goal threat into a position he's worse you'd be bringing in Sancho, who has also had a poor season. Meanwhile in midfield he had to pick two of Fred, McTominay and Sabitzer, with any combination of those three not being good.

The squad is weak and changes to the starting eleven only offered even the hope of marginal improvement. Seems weird to be overly vitriolic on that front.
Rashford has scored and played a lot as a striker in first half of the season. Why are some of you pretending he isuch worse as a striker?

Also him as a striker plus Sancho/Pellistri/Garnacho/even Bruno wide is much better than Rashford wide and Weghorst up front. That's at least 3 or 4 better combinations than the one we watch every game.

CG1010

This season his achievement has been in the cups, else we aren't anything special in the league. Our ranking in the league also down to competition more than anything else.

The United

Some awful subs from ten hag. Bringing on Sancho, a man with zero intensity into a high intensity game for Antony who was our best attacker and does lots of defensive work. Lisandro off and we can't advance the ball despite being a goal down.
I thought his game management in the second halves was getting better. But today it was back to being strange. Why on earth did you change your back line formation and personnel when we were still getting battered after going down a goal? Then put the CB, who is the weakest, in the air.

All this weirdness around.

Eli Zee

Newcastle we in the relegation zone in Jan 2022. Now after spending a similar amount to us and hiring Eddie Howe they are ahead of us. Yet people think ETH is working miracles? :rolleyes:
yes... miracles compared to previous seasons. Definitely can make some questionable choices that don't always work out, but that's part of management.

we all know ETH is very good. Howe had like 5 seasons in the EPL. It's ETH's first. We had 58 points last year, Newcastle of 49. Only 9 point difference.

also, Newcastle was 5th in week 2 and we were dead last.. we are now tied and we're doing better for a while.We have had a few key players out which affected us.

not to mention, ETH adopted a squad that was pretty much a bunch of overpaid primadonnas that didn't have any standards whatsoever.

Oranges038

Takes more than a year to turn a squad around, but it's days like this you realise how much of a huge gap there is between Casemeiro/Eriksen and Mct/Fred/Sabitzer.

Needs a new keeper, at least one new right back, 2 new midfielders and at least striker.

The likes of McT, Fred, Sancho, Lindelof, Dalot, Martial, Maguire etc just need to be shown the door.

Red Rash

Terrible today and some weird substitutions but the reality is he is really hamstrung by injuries.

We are missing Casemiro and Eriksen and have no options in midfield. A top club should have a few players ready to come into the midfield and take control of the game but we just don't have them. Also Martial is coming back from injury but our strike options are so light.

That being said he probably should have kept Antony on who was doing ok and taking off both Martinez and Varane was some of the weirdest subs I've seen in a while.

I'm also a little worried by his unwillingness to take off someone like Bruno who always seems to play no matter how bad he plays. I thought he was atrocious today.

el3mel

It's undeniable that we have been pretty bad away from home this season and this needs to improve.

But his subs were pretty dumb today as well and just bizarre. His selections don't help.

Now that Martial is back, there's no more excuse to keep starting Weghorst.

binary bot
He's done a lot of good but where he has done pretty horribly is managing us away to anyone remotely difficult. Barcelona the single exception. We've been battered away by Arsenal, city, Liverpool, Newcastle and Brentford. Not much between any of the performances. All could have been 7-0 like Liverpool. Just finishing on the day. That's on him setting us up horribly.

I'm confident he'll get it right and adapt, but yeah, not good that at all.
Part of this has to be his reluctance to play 3 in midfield, especially when so many of our current midfielders have obvious deficiencies. I accept Bruno and others are dropping deeper to compensate but it’s still not enough.

flappyjay

It's weird that we will do anything but drop weghorst. When Ronaldo was bad early season we played Rashford as the 9. Weghorst has been bad for weeks and we haven't dared drop weghorst.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Nobody is beyond criticism and that goes for manager too.
He messed up. Simple as that. McT and Wout attacking combo must be the worst manager decision since LVG put Jones on corner duty.
My concern now is that his (wrong) team selections in big away games are becoming a pattern.
Against City he started without Casemiro, against Pool it was a complete disaster with Bruno on lw and Wout on no10. Against Arsenal hexwas late with subs to defend a draw.
And now this McT and Wout combo. What was his plan with these two?

Our away form and performances in big away games are really looking bad now.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Really? That's pretty incredible. The season was a write-off by then. Just goes to show that our progress this season is mostly down to other top 4 contenders being bad.
Yep. People have got far too carried away but any suggestion that everything isn't great gets shot down by the usual suspects.

theballisround

He needs to ditch the 4-2-3-1 and either switch to 3 at the back or 4-3-3, even if that means leaving some players out.

evil_geko

I am fully expecting people to ignore us being the team who played the most games this season with terrible squad depth, that we had many key player injuries/suspensions through the season, the big progress we made in spite of all that, I am expecting all that being ignored and we just blame Ten Hag, easy solution.

Oh yeah, also blame Weghorst, that is given.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
ETH I love you but please stop playing Bruno in the Eriksen role.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I've got no idea what he was even trying to do today. Those mental subs when we were finally starting to play with a little bit of pace and making a couple of chances killed us off.

He's still got massive amounts of credit in the bank, of course, but there have been a few of these games lately.