Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s the one we’ve been waiting for, it’s been 10 miserable years but this man is the fecking one.

Shark

@NotShark
What a photo that is
Pure history. ETH finally looks like the one to carry on SAF's monumental legacy. No manager will ever do what he did but really feels like we've somebody incredibly special now as a true successor.

Dominos

We defend so much better as a team this season. When he works the same magic on our passing and attacking play we'll be a real force.

He's bringing back the good times.

TheGame

His ability to get the best out of the squad from last season has been quite something. He has reinvigorated them to perform at exceptional levels. Also he just gets on with the job from his press conferences. No moaning and whining like Pep, Klopp or Lego Pep.

mav_9me

I am struggling to think of an example of such a sudden transformation of night into day (at least in football - the England cricket team has also gone very quickly from joke to serial winners under new management). I just hope he ETH gets the backing he deserves in the summer.
Hansi Flick at Bayern when taking over from Kovac.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I'm getting ahead of myself but I think he'll have us dominating europe in no time given the backings he deserves, his European record is phenomenal and I think he knows how to approach these kinds of games.

Shame we're not in the cl this season, we would have been in with a shout assuming we hadn't gotten a group of death early on in the season where we were still in a bit of a mess.

Ludens the Red

Tactical masterclass that. Played out like a game that the manager spent ages preparing for.
Managed our players by not forcing a pressing game or end to end game in the first half. Keeping the shape and not letting Newcastle counter. Let them have the ball to create knowing that they couldn’t do anything because that’s not their game.

If it wasn’t for sloppy passing on the counters in the second half we probably win that game 4/5-0.

Have full trust in him now: if he started weghorst at left back on Wednesday I would literally think “he must have a plan”…

next_number_seven

Bald genius.
I don't think he's a genius.
Just highly competent, intelligent, motivated, experienced, disciplined, hard working etc.

He's been coaching and managing for 20 years and has arrived here at the perfect time for him and us.

Ajax are a selling club unfortunately so it's hard to build a team but here ha can keep players and sign the likes of Varane and Casemiro

Vapor trail

Brilliant coach, manager and tactician. Cut above the rest out of every manager to occupy the position since SAF retired. Has handled every situation off field with professionalism and courtesy. On field cannot be faulted. Hopefully come summer with new owners and a proper investment revolved around everything, it will be the pillars in place of establishing a dynasty.

I've said it before it still feels like a good majority of these players are a few levels below the criteria of his management. Once a few more windows are under the belt that's when I think the performances will really take off. It goes to show how much of a quality manager he is the team is challenging across all platforms yet there's still monumental room for growth.

mu4c_20le

He's been coaching and managing for 20 years and has arrived here at the perfect time for him and us.
Isn't it 10 years? And only five of them were at the top level. Klopp was way more experienced when he came to Liverpool for example, despite being around the same age.

Sanche7

When Liverpool managed to get Klopp as their manager, I remember someone on here saying that he was the best Liverpool signing, not Torres, not Suarez, not Coutinho or any of their former greats. I remember reading that and thinking what a ridiculous thing to say!
But after seeing what Klopp has done and what Ten Hag is doing, I think I now understand.

edcunited1878

"We have to suffer. We have to sacrifice every day to win trophies. It's about glory and honour and, if you want to win something, you have to do it. Otherwise, you don't get it."

r0663664

Worships Man City
ETH is the type of manager that you are willing to die on the field with. I will forward to winning more trophies.

always_hoping

Only took him 40 games to win a domestic trophy with United.

Can someone remind me how many games it took Pep with Man City and Klopp with Liverpool took to win a 1st trophy?

ManUnitedCanuck

I've never been more certain about us having a manager that will win us a Champions League and a PL double within 5 seasons.
Was thinking about this today. Don’t think it will be easy because others will invest heavily and it will be a battle.