F1 2020 Season

0le

I’ve always wondered how many of the 18 other drivers would really challenge / maybe even beat Hamilton to the world title if they took the second Merc seat? Verstappen is the obvious choice. Maybe Vettel if he could rediscover his form. Leclerc, although he’s too inconsistent currently, regardless of the car.
I agree with your suggestions that only Verstappen could really challenge him right now. Must always remember though that we already saw Hamilton compete well in the same car with Alonso and Rosberg, both world champions. He could easily compete with any of the other 18 drivers.

SambaBoy

I agree with your suggestions that only Verstappen could really challenge him right now. Must always remember though that we already saw Hamilton compete well in the same car with Alonso and Rosberg, both world champions. He could easily compete with any of the other 18 drivers.
What if the roles were reversed? Verstappen in the Mercedes and Hamilton in the Red Bull? Would Hamilton put up more of a challenge?

Be interesting to see what would happen if both of them were in a Red Bull, probably could topple Bottas.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
What if the roles were reversed? Verstappen in the Mercedes and Hamilton in the Red Bull? Would Hamilton put up more of a challenge?

Be interesting to see what would happen if both of them were in a Red Bull, probably could topple Bottas.
Considering Bottas has consistently easily beaten Max in the redbull, I would say he would comfortable finish in front of both of them if they were in the red bull.

slyadams

Regarding the Hamilton chat, in my opinion not only is he going to be regarded as the greatest F1 driver of all time (inevitable if he ends up with 8+ WDC plus the wins and poles record), but he should be regarded as Britain’s greatest ever sports-person. I can’t think of many other examples where we have had a Tiger/Serena type sportsman competing in a major sport where they are clearly the best in the field by a margin and you know pretty much nothing anyone can do will stop them winning.

Last edited:

0le

Regarding the Hamilton chat, in my opinion not only is he going to be regarded as the greatest F1 driver of all time (inevitable if he ends up with 8+ WDC plus the wins and poles record), but he should be regarded as Britain’s greatest ever sports-person. I can’t think of many other examples where we have had a Tiger/Serena type sportsman competing in a major sport where they are clearly the best in the field by a margin and you know pretty much nothing anyone can do will stop them winning.
Mo Farah
Ronnie O Sullivan

slyadams

Mo Farah
Ronnie O Sullivan
Ronnie O'Sullivan I thought of, but there's a few issues. First is that snooker isn't widely enough played in my opinion, else you could claim Phil Taylor as well. Second is that Ronnie has won 6 WCs, but has been beaten plenty and is still behind Hendry in WCs. When he's on his game he 100% falls into the category of "no-one can beat him", but unfortunately he hasn't ever had that make up. If he could have coupled his talent with even a normal player's mental approach he'd have double digit world championships.

As good as Mo Farah was, he has never set a world record and has won 'only' 4 Olympic golds. Exception yes, but the greatest ever? I don't think so.

Balljy

Ronnie O'Sullivan I thought of, but there's a few issues. First is that snooker isn't widely enough played in my opinion, else you could claim Phil Taylor as well. Second is that Ronnie has won 6 WCs, but has been beaten plenty and is still behind Hendry in WCs. When he's on his game he 100% falls into the category of "no-one can beat him", but unfortunately he hasn't ever had that make up. If he could have coupled his talent with even a normal player's mental approach he'd have double digit world championships.

As good as Mo Farah was, he has never set a world record and has won 'only' 4 Olympic golds. Exception yes, but the greatest ever? I don't think so.
Jonathan Edwards would count on that criteria. Still got the world record 25 years later and it's not looking like it will be beaten any time soon. He was also head and shoulders above the rest for a number of years.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Adam
Jonathan Edwards would count on that criteria. Still got the world record 25 years later and it's not looking like it will be beaten any time soon. He was also head and shoulders above the rest for a number of years.
Adam Peatey too, breaks his own world record most months.

Steve Redgrave. Won pretty much every time he got in a boat.

Hephaestus

Nearly a big accident at the end of FP3, Hamilton had to go onto the grass to avoid slamming into the back of the cars slowing before the final corner. Quali will be a shitshow again if they're not careful.

Evans999

This qualifying session may end up in two drivers having a fight. Its so entertaining to watch