George RussellWilliamsdid not finish completed 10 laps
Antonio GiovinazziAlfa Romeodid not finish completed 10 laps
Carlos Sainz JnrMcLarendid not finish completed 0 laps

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Seems like a very tough call to make - it would be probably the ultimate kick in the balls for Albon and Gasly probably still has memories of his confidence being destroyed at RB. You risk destroying two drivers in one season if Gasly fails again and even Gasly in current form will probably still fail to touch Max.
that’s true but it’s not even about failing to touch Max at this point, it’s the fact that Albon is consistently far off the pace and behind cars he should really be beating.

pauldyson1uk

This is not the sport I fell in love with all those years ago. The empty stands are a bit fitting, because nobody will watch this piece of crap in the future if it goes on like this. Hamilton is winning every race from pole and he has absolutely zero charisma, most boring driver in the history of the sport. Changes are coming - they are desperately needed to get us back to the roots. I am not talking about drivers getting killed every week, but some head to head-battles in the front and passion on the outside of the car, now there is nothing. Hamilton is a fantastic driver, sadly he has the best car and then some, making this yet another race at 0 out of 10.

As Verstappen just said; boring, not really interesting.
Agree with most of this, if the pandemic was not here, the stands would be full for most of the races.
More head to heads is what is needed.
I think Max is a talented driver and will be a WC , but it was also an easy drive for him, he was always driving for 3rd and nobody got near him.

Leg-End

Red Bull have a real issue with Albon, he’s shocking and not up for it. Throw the Hulk in there.

United Hobbit

This is not the sport I fell in love with all those years ago. The empty stands are a bit fitting, because nobody will watch this piece of crap in the future if it goes on like this. Hamilton is winning every race from pole and he has absolutely zero charisma, most boring driver in the history of the sport. Changes are coming - they are desperately needed to get us back to the roots. I am not talking about drivers getting killed every week, but some head to head-battles in the front and passion on the outside of the car, now there is nothing. Hamilton is a fantastic driver, sadly he has the best car and then some, making this yet another race at 0 out of 10.

I agree with this.

Hamilton is a good driver, he is also good at racing. I would like to see him be put into a situation where he is being challenged and has to make some overtakes to secure his victory.

Currently all that happens is he sets off in front and unless a freak incident occurs, sails through the race unchallenged. There were a couple of races a while ago and he ended up at the back and overtook nearly the full field, he's good at overtaking but we don't get to see him d0 that, its almost too easy for him, so it slightly takes the edge off appreciating his skills. We then have Max who is a world champion in waiting but because the car isn't near the Mercedes, he can't properly challenge in it and does a great job to at least sometimes be in the mix

I think him and Hamilton and possibly Le Clerc and Ricciardo could have some epic battles but unfortunately we don't get to see this due to the shear gap between their respective cars.

Spa is often one of the most exciting races, it says everything we need rain to make it interesting now

Leg-End

Hamilton has Bottas covered always, of course it would be more fun for the viewer if he had a challenge.

Not sure why people give a shit about drivers personalities, Hamilton has been box office since the first day he sat in an F1 car. I could probably name a list as long as his winning record for more boring drivers in and out of the car than him.

I get it, people are tired of dominance but don’t worry, he’s 35, probably only 5 more years of it to go.

James Peril

Hamilton has Bottas covered always, of course it would be more fun for the viewer if he had a challenge.

Not sure why people give a shit about drivers personalities, Hamilton has been box office since the first day he sat in an F1 car. I could probably name a list as long as his winning record for more boring drivers in and out of the car than him.

I get it, people are tired of dominance but don’t worry, he’s 35, probably only 5 more years of it to go.
Personalities in and outside the car is important, there is a reason why Senna is remembered foundly - he was crazy on the track and mental outside of it. Verstappen is the hope, he doesn’t put anything in between when he’s commenting on something. Hamilton’s most fierce comment is usually «the right tyre is a bit worn out» zZz. Leclerc too actually, he has passion on the grid and goes for chances every time, he even made Monaco decent last year.

Of course, what’s missing is Ferrari. The cars suck and the drivers are miserable when... well, miserable. 2022 can’t come soon enough for F1. If I remember correctly, Spa was brilliant last year?

Canagel

Hamilton is too good and in his own class. That is the truth

Last edited:

Leg-End

Personalities in and outside the car is important, there is a reason why Senna is remembered foundly - he was crazy on the track and mental outside of it. Verstappen is the hope, he doesn’t put anything in between when he’s commenting on something. Hamilton’s most fierce comment is usually «the right tyre is a bit worn out» zZz. Leclerc too actually, he has passion on the grid and goes for chances every time, he even made Monaco decent last year.

Of course, what’s missing is Ferrari. The cars suck and the drivers are miserable when... well, miserable. 2022 can’t come soon enough for F1. If I remember correctly, Spa was brilliant last year?
I don’t see how relevant it is, Schumacher was fairly boring then going by those criteria.

Personally I put more value on track entertainment, besides we hear so much more from drivers before, during and after the races these days.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Tbf that flying tire hitting Russell's tire head on was pretty impressive. Like it had a homing beacon. It's kinda sad though that that carnage was about as exciting as it got.

Canagel

It is indeed. Simply brilliant and totally relentless.
He has normalized greatness. And the scary thing is he appears to be getting even better.
Dominant cars and teams is not a new phenomenon. Infact that has always been the case in the sport but funny how it's only 'boring' when Hamilton is winning, when Schumacher, Vettel, etc dominated it wasn't. This despite being the gold standard in the sport for over a decade and operating at a level far beyond his competitors regardless

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
He has normalized greatness. And the scary thing is he appears to be getting even better.
Dominant cars and teams is not a new phenomenon. Infact that has always been the case in the sport but funny how it's only 'boring' when Hamilton is winning, when Schumacher, Vettel, etc dominated it wasn't. This despite being the gold standard in the sport for over a decade and operating at a level far beyond his competitors regardless
Vettel never dominated like Merc and Hamilton has this season, this is Ferrari 2004 level of dominance and last time that was in the sport the FIA changed the rules to feck over Ferrari, they should do the same to Mercedes.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What people also don't remember is what a maverick Hamilton was early on in his career, everyone hated him because he was making crazy moves every race

Skills

Snitch
Will the rule changes really make that much of a difference? Merc are on a different level engineering talent wise, and I'd bet on them being on top of whatever rules that are bought in

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Merc will be the team to beat but hopefully the cost cap and limitations on development will result in closer racing like we see in the midfield. I just hope they sort out this tyre situation.

Wicked_Badger

Croft is absolutely awful on comms today, he’s all over the place.
Yeah, he missed absolutely everything going on, couldn’t tell who had overtaken who. Weird. Brundle stopped setting him straight after a while, which is a worry when he’s more clued in than you.

Fairly standard race, Hamilton in a class of his own again. Strong race from the Renaults and I had Gasly as driver of the day, the safety car really screwed his race.

Really odd that Perez didn’t pit off the softs under the safety car. Pretty much screwed him too - that’s a couple of weird strategy calls that the non-Stroll RP has had in a few races now. They doing it deliberately?

Zlaatan

Parody Account
At this rate they might only have Italians fans left by the end of the season.
I think we'll still be around, it's not as hard to take when you know before they even arrive at the track how far off the pace they are. That they pushed the new regulations from 2021 to 2022 sucks though but what can you do.. In the end it's just one extra year until Leclerc gets a proper Ferrari and can win those 7-8 straight drivers championships he's destined to do.

:nervous:

keithsingleton

Ffs even if I were a Lewis fan, I'd be bored to death with this shite show.
Trust me you wouldn't :D He's hopefully going on to become arguably the greatest F1 driver of all time. I know most of you will say that belongs to Senna or even Schumacher. Ive been luckily enough to see them all in action and personally think Hammy has already achieved that status.

There is nothing wrong with Hamilton. He's no less charismatic than almost any other F1 driver. What is really different is the length of his dominance, and that of the cars.

As a driver Schumacher reached a similar level by 2004 but Hamilton has taken it beyond that. He has won 10+ races for 5 of the last 6 years and is well on the way to making it 6 in 7. Schumacher only managed that twice in his whole career. The FIA stepped in quickly to slow him down.

Schumacher also had the car built exclusively around him. Barrichello was capable in it but beatable. Mercedes have built a car that anybody can drive so when Hamilton wins, his teammate is usually second.

Tiber

Looking forward to seeing Mick Schumacher in the Alfa next year :drool:

Gio's days in the Ferrari controlled Alfa seat are numbered.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
There is nothing wrong with Hamilton. He's no less charismatic than almost any other F1 driver. What is really different is the length of his dominance, and that of the cars.

As a driver Schumacher reached a similar level by 2004 but Hamilton has taken it beyond that. He has won 10+ races for 5 of the last 6 years and is well on the way to making it 6 in 7. Schumacher only managed that twice in his whole career. The FIA stepped in quickly to slow him down.

Schumacher also had the car built exclusively around him. Barrichello was capable in it but beatable. Mercedes have built a car that anybody can drive so when Hamilton wins, his teammate is usually second.
Barrichello was a much better driver than Bottas too, at least when Rosberg was around he would try to win races.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Barrichello was a much better driver than Bottas too, at least when Rosberg was around he would try to win races.
That reminds me of that awful radio comm between Bottas and the team yesterday about holding back on Hamilton when he got close. Would be nice if they would at least let the two Mercs race each other the few times Bottas stays within DRS range. Strategically I understand why they don't but it really doesn't help the dull-ness.

keithsingleton

That reminds me of that awful radio comm between Bottas and the team yesterday about holding back on Hamilton when he got close. Would be nice if they would at least let the two Mercs race each other the few times Bottas stays within DRS range. Strategically I understand why they don't but it really doesn't help the dull-ness.
Very true but lets be honest, theirs not a cat in hells chance Bottas can past Hammy in the same car. Only person who could do that is Venstappen.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Ye, that's my main and I imagine other problem with Bottas, he is a fine driver but he is also way to happy to be a team player and doesn't have the aggression or drive to try be world champion. Imagine if that had been Verstappen or Vettel who got that message, they would have told them they where using it anyway.

Leg-End

The writing has been on the wall for a long time, it's a real shame but it was inevitable.

I hope they get a proper send off this weekend.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That was purely for show. Not a chance Bottas got anywhere near close enough to challenge Hamilton. As soon as he put a faster lap in to close the gap Hamilton pulled out another second instantly.

Bottas wants to make it seem like he's being held back but he knows he can't get near him.

Leg-End

It was only an engine mode he was after anyway, putting unnecessary risk on both cars, if Bottas got the go ahead then Lewis would just defend with the same thing.

macheda14

I’ve always wondered how many of the 18 other drivers would really challenge / maybe even beat Hamilton to the world title if they took the second Merc seat? Verstappen is the obvious choice. Maybe Vettel if he could rediscover his form. Leclerc, although he’s too inconsistent currently, regardless of the car.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I’ve always wondered how many of the 18 other drivers would really challenge / maybe even beat Hamilton to the world title if they took the second Merc seat? Verstappen is the obvious choice. Maybe Vettel if he could rediscover his form. Leclerc, although he’s too inconsistent currently, regardless of the car.
RIC can bang a good lap in and overtake, I would’ve put him ahead of Rosberg before he won. The problem with Hamilton is that he’s become very consistent like Schumacher though all easier with the best car. Max and Alonso would’ve for sure. What a shame we missed that generation fighting it out.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Bottas has actually matched Lewos pretty well in quali, he just hasn't got that racing instinct to go wheel to wheel.

RedFish

Bottas has actually matched Lewos pretty well in quali, he just hasn't got that racing instinct to go wheel to wheel.
I think the gap between him and Lewis has never been greater. The average gap has been 0.3 seconds on average for all races this season which is massive.

Lewis is destroying Bottas in qualifying.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I think the gap between him and Lewis has never been greater. The average gap has been 0.3 seconds on average for all races this season which is massive.

Thought it was closer in qualifying. My bad. But he's done OK considering where people place him as. Beat Lewis twice and 2 or 3 very close sessions.

Zlaatan

Parody Account

I don't know if that's the best stat to use since the big average gap in Hamilton's favour is mainly due to that one race in Austria where he was over 1.4sec ahead of Bottas in the rain.

He has four pole positions to Bottas two which is what matters. I'm not going to pretend that Bottas is anywhere close to Hamilton's level but he can match him over one lap on his day.