F1 2020 Season

Leg-End

Jesus Christ that’s the worst crash in years, thank god he’s alright

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Incredible how even with a huge failure like that the drivers can still walk away

Member 90887

Good point, I would want my car checking.
No replays of the incident being shown , not normal , but maybe the right thing, it was horrific.
Hope there was no marshals around it
The car broke into two pieces. they touched with another driver (kvyat) i think.

F-Red

Unbelievable, car just torn in two. The safety cell has done it's job.

He just drifted across though, the steering just didn't look normal, unless he was tagged.

Leg-End

It’s a miracle and Halo probably saved his life there.

I don’t see how they can restart this for hours, that barrier is gone.

pauldyson1uk

WOW look at the state of that barrier and what i left of the car.
This race is not starting anytime soon
How the hell did he even get out of that, Halo has saved his life, Grosjean reportedly has burns to his legs.
I am in shock, I am actually shaking, I though he was dead, I have to be honest.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Remember when people had a problem with the halo? I imagine they’re fairly quiet now.

F-Red

So looks like his steering seemed normal, was going to the outside to pass the car in front (I think Magnussen), and didn't appreciate Kvyat was there and tagged wheels. He was just a passenger from there on in.

vangagal

Always though Sakhir is among the safest circuit albeit its also one of the fastest. That barrier literally gone and need to be replace not repair.
Next week will be on the circuit's fastest layout side, it will be interesting how they plan the safety.

Leg-End

Thank feck the medical car was on scene quickly, if that wasn’t a first lap shunt he probably isn’t getting out of there.

FireballXL5

Blimey, just seen the crash. Was like something out of a Hollywood movie. Glad Grosjean is ok.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Only seen the one replay from in this thread as I've been watching the united game, but that looks like a big crash