F1 2020 Season

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rewatched the race today. Clean air was a massive difference maker for both Leclerc and Hamilton. The way Hamilton turned the wick up on old inters after Vettel pitted was sensational. Lap 32 he's 10.3s off the lead, Lap 33 Seb pits, Lap 34 Albon spins, Lap 36 Stroll pits, L37 he passes Perez for the lead and by the end of L45 he's 19s ahead of Perez. The McLaren was really fast at the end of the race too, a few more laps and I reckon Sainz would have had P2.
As you say, having clear vision and downforce is huge in wet conditions.

Being in the right place at the right time made all the difference. Turning on DRS helped bring the race alive too, they were obviously struggling to overtake off line so it helped the clearly faster cars.

As a Mclaren fan the end of the race was very exciting, but also left me feeling frustrated as we could have easily got a podium with a bit more luck. 1 more lap and Sainz would have been passed Perez and Vettel i'm sure.

There was a period early in the race where Norris was stuck behind a train of cars and losing loads of time, they should have pitted him at that point for the inters and put him into clean air, instead Ferrari did it first with Leclerc and he ended up leapfrogging the train and caught up the front pack very quickly. If only they pulled the trigger on the same lap he could have ended up much higher.

I think at the time though the plan was to look after the intermediates and then go slick at the end, but obviously that plan never really looked like coming alive.

Jack-C20

Whether Russell makes it through to Q2 has become as important as who wins the race for me. You can tell how difficult it is for him to scrape as much pace out of his car as possible.

Jack-C20

Mr Saturday thy have nicknamed him, he does seem to get a lot from his car, give him a decent car and he will do well.
Yep and both him and Norris seem really down to earth as well. Hoping they can stick around in the sport for a good few years.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Unbelievably bad luck. Sainz was looking strong here and now that has screwed him right over.

He has good history though from making it from the back of the grid, but very frustrating considering how tight it is.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Does Ferrari not realise that they're not that fast?

Hilarious that they think they'll make Q3 with just 1 attempt when even Mercedes and Red Bull do their best to try and have enough time for a second attempt if needed.

Leg-End

Imperious from Hamilton, probably should get to 100 poles this season.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Imperious from Hamilton, probably should get to 100 poles this season.
I loved his response to David Coulthard yesterday after qualifying.
Lewis, I see that the celebrations after your 7th world championship hasn't slowed you down.
Lewis. That's because I haven't been celebrating. I have been working as normal.
Just shows how relentless he is.