2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Lentwood

The most damning thing for a player is not when they make mistakes or are inconsistent, it's when they consistently do nothing of any note or value. That's Pellistri.

Fahad Jawaid

What a shit appearance, everything he did was shite, the level was just too much for him. Compare him to Mainoo, who looks some player. He is not good enough and wasted soo many chances today and costed us the win today, even the players seemed frustrated with him.

TempusFugit

Bang average. Just sell him and be done with it. How can you have an open goal and hit it straight at the keeper? My head was spinning after that one.

Ekeke

Missed a big chance. Lack of composure in the final third when it was really needed.

Garnacho had it, he doesnt

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Ten Hag to give Pellistri enough chances, finally? Romano says - yes

His comments there are about Pellistri needing to earn his chances, not that he’s just going to be handed them on a plate. For the obvious reason that he regularly looks completely lost out there. It’s mad how so many fans overlook how disappointing he is just because they like the style of an old fashioned winger.

BorisManUtd

Ignoring Shaw for a pass twice was so stupid. Not only that he ignored him but lost the ball as well. Also missed a really big chance. I like Pellistri and he's had some pretty good cameos this season but tonight wasn't one of those.

Jev

Think you are a little harsh. His finishing was absolutely dreadful but he took a lot of initiative (something I’ve missed from him sometimes), dribbled well and got into good positions.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
His comments there are about Pellistri needing to earn his chances, not that he’s just going to be handed them on a plate. For the obvious reason that he regularly looks completely lost out there. It’s mad how so many fans overlook how disappointing he is just because they like the style of an old fashioned winger.
It's not mad when Rashford and Antony are the ones ahead of him. Antony finally showed a decent performance and Rashford can only function in a team that really doesn't want the ball too much for too long. Sort of like Hwang at Wolves.

OL29

I just can’t see him ever making it at a top club, his end product is non existent. Woeful decision making from him tonight, I can’t see him getting many more minutes with all of our attackers fit. Probably best to let him go this summer.

Strelok

Think you are a little harsh. His finishing was absolutely dreadful but he took a lot of initiative (something I’ve missed from him sometimes), dribbled well and got into good positions.
Harsh my arse. Again it's ok to be selfish. But not when your team absolutely need a goal to win and qualify. That's utterly selfish and stupid.

He's not a teamplayer he doesn't care about the team at all only himself and I really hate this kind of player. Even Mbappe passed the ball again Newcastle.

Brwned

It's not mad when Rashford and Antony are the ones ahead of him. Antony finally showed a decent performance and Rashford can only function in a team that really doesn't want the ball too much for too long. Sort of like Hwang at Wolves.
No doubt his competition couldn’t be any worse with those two in the form they’re in. The fact he hasn’t earned his spot ahead of them is because of his own limitations, but those limitations are ignored just because of the frustrations at the other two and the playing style preference.

Dan_F

Agreed. I’m not sure he’s any better than when we first signed him. Only at United can you be signed as an unknown punt, have unsuccessful loans, then come back and look average, and yet fans be begging for you to start.

Devil81

Lift your head and find a teammate in a better position. Seems to hesitate at vital moments.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
No doubt his competition couldn’t be any worse with those two in the form they’re in. The fact he hasn’t earned his spot ahead of them is because of his own limitations, but those limitations are ignored just because of the frustrations at the other two and the playing style preference.
That's one assumption. The other assumption would be that the most expensive player in transfer fees and most expensive player in wages are being played into form at all costs ahead of playing the relatively unknown 21 year old.

UpWithRivers

I cant believe the sht he's getting. He was put on the wrong wing and he was the most effective attacker when he came on. Yes he fkd up but he was doing something. I dont think his chances were as easy as they seem. In 10 mins or so he did ok. If we didnt just let 3 goals in and we were winning then everyone would say he was good

kundalini

I like Pellistri but that was an awful performance. Needed to score one of his chances. I suppose their keeper made a decent save for the big chance.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Heatmaps suggest that those were his very first touches, for at least a few seasons, of the ball from an inside left position, and boy did it show. Baffling substitution.

Danny

I like Pellistri but that was an awful performance. Needed to score one of his chances. I suppose their keeper made a decent save for the big chance.
Awful? Had an impact and is clearly a talent. Needs to add composure to his game but that tends to come with experience. Not everyone can be as composed as Mainoo straight away.

Brwned

That's one assumption. The other assumption would be that the most expensive player in transfer fees and most expensive player in wages are being played into form at all costs ahead of playing the relatively unknown 21 year old.
They’re all the same assumption. Rashford and Antony have shown they can play well enough to start, but they haven’t done it in a while. Pellistri hasn’t. If he had, they wouldn’t get the chance to play themselves into form. Their respective values align with that.

ChrisNelson

Probably the worst substitute in the history of the club.

He’s had an absolute shocker tonight, every time he got the ball he looked petrified and made the wrong decision.

He then missed an open goal to cap it off.

A lot of focus, rightly, will go to Onana after tonight but that cameo from Pellistri was woeful and a knackered Garnacho was a much better option.

Alemar

Very poor cameo, many mistakes, chances wasted. Amad should return quickly…

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Crumbled under the pressure tonight. Carved out chances which he proceeded to fluff and then hinder chances for others.

I think that might be him done here.

Leonzo1

I was on the fence about him before but that performance was dreadful. It's the kind of game that can really kick start a young player's career and he royally screwed his chance. He single handedly messed up about 4 of our chances in the 15 minutes he was on the pitch. The fact that he barely got on the pitch under 3 different managers despite being constantly avaliable should tell you all you need to know. Not good enough and should be sold in the summer.

Biggins

He is a young RW who was thrown to play as impact LW in very important away CL game. Yes, he was terrible. However, this is purely on ETH.

3KDré

He's just a second too late every time. Shaw broke through their press and passed him the ball, it could have been an easy lay off straight onto goal for Shaw but he's just not quick enough mentally to be on the same wavelength as the rest.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Throwing him to the deep end hoping he would do a Macheda , by itself is a bad idea. I understand ETH had no option but would have preferred a body in the middle than wide. Hugill may be ?

E-mal

He is not good enough really. When you see Garnacho and Mainoo, their talent is very obvious but this is not thesame with Pellistri. Pointless persisting with this.

Onerealunited

He is really not that good and does not seem to have a much higher potential than he is showing. If we can get some money for him then we should look to sell him when possible and give minutes to some other players like Amad, Mejbri, Gore or others in the youth team that we believe could have a potential

E-mal

What a shit appearance, everything he did was shite, the level was just too much for him. Compare him to Mainoo, who looks some player. He is not good enough and wasted soo many chances today and costed us the win today, even the players seemed frustrated with him.
Same way he wasted an open goal against bayern and their left back got to it. He appears slow to every chance, just one second late.

Pughnichi

Some of the reactions in here are both stupid and shameful.

should he have passed to shaw twice - yes

but he was getting in decent positions, making some good runs and as ever with his cameos he has this knack for making things happen around him. He certainly doesn’t shy away from the action areas.

Of course a bit more composure is necessary but we’ve seen Rashford, Bruno, ronaldo all taking on shots (repeatedly) from ridiculous angles with team mates in better positions.

And credit where it’s due…the gk has made a very good save getting out to deny him. It was a very good chance but keepers can and do make great saves from time to time.

He should be ahead of Antony (who in fairness had a good game tonight) and Rashford.

here’s hoping Amad comes back with a Mainoo like impact.

Superunknown

He's got heart, but we need much more from that. I very much doubt he'll ever get to the level where we need him to be to make it properly at the club.

However, we've also had players in the past and present who have been average who have managed to stick around for a while. So, there is hope for him yet.

SAF is the GOAT

The kid just has pace and that's it.

He's not technical with the ball, he doesn't have any trickery in him as a winger.

He just runs in a straight line pretty much like Dan James did but at least James could cross the ball, Pelli doesn't do even that.

mu4c_20le

I think he's a pretty good dribbler with a low center of gravity, and can give Antiny some competition. Was a bit eager to be the hero tonight and given the amount of screamers being scored, can't blame him too much.

Mainoldo

Awful? Had an impact and is clearly a talent. Needs to add composure to his game but that tends to come with experience. Not everyone can be as composed as Mainoo straight away.
That’s the issue his talent is Nottingham Forrest whilst Mainoo’s is our level.

Unfortunately we don’t have SAF either so we can’t make Darron Gibson’s potentially earn us second leg victories into Champs League semi finals.

SAFMUTD

Not good enough, cheap punt didn't worked out let's move him on. He doesn't have the quality it's not that's he's raw and needs to improve it's the talent simply isn't there.