g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Henrikh Mkhitaryan image 22

Henrikh Mkhitaryan Armenia flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This interview is probably borderline new thread-worthy. Or at least an amendment of the title: "The problem wasn't him. It was me".

What say ye, mods?

Also. Great fecking attitude. You'd never have heard that turd, Di Maria, taking ownership of his problems like that.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
:nono: obviously Jose has manipulated Micki into thinking he's the problem.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not quite.....it was in direct response to an interview question.
Ah hadn't seen the actual interview. Still though, open acceptance suggests it was more him. He could have easily danced around the question.

izec

He says what he has to say. Of course he says he was the problem, he wont say Jose was wrong and a fecking idiot for not playing me.

Deleted member 101472

I don't think he works as well in a 433, as he has no one to link up to. In a 4231 he has the striker and the attacking midfielder to try to link up with him, when he's on his own he's not as effective since there is no one to play the quick one twos. That's why I think we will do so much better if we carry on the season with a 4231.

Zlatan
Martial Mata Mkhitaryan
Pogba Herrera

Carrick can come in for Herrera in the tougher games but overall I think that's a well balanced and good enough team to take us forward.
That's perfect , with zlatan and rashford taking turns depending on the opposition

Deleted member 101472

He says what he has to say. Of course he says he was the problem, he wont say Jose was wrong and a fecking idiot for not playing me.
If that were the case, he'd have said nothing at all. He doesn't HAVE to say anything

Mike09

I thought his performance was okay but it was below his standard in my opinion and unlike Coleman, Baines wasn't that good in that game. I was expecting him to show what he did against West Ham and Feyenoord, but he didn't show the same against Everton. I was surprised when I saw him being the most votes red cafe motm. I thought Valencia or Jones would get the most votes.

Mkhizlatba

What he said MIGHT be true but if there has been some conflict with a member of the staff(as has been rumoured), then he could also be "taking one for the team" and ending that chapter.
The reason why I blew up at Jose was the obvious double standards.
You want to make everyone earn their spot in the team, fine. But Pogba and Zlatan have their positions seemingly secured, based on their reputations. I felt he was on the outer for far too long.

The BlackGaijin

Can we just enjoy this player and leave the Jose debate out. There is so much more to disagree aboutvso can we just agree that Mikhi is brilliant. Besides, the Mourinho sycophants will give credit to Mourinho even for Mkhi’s performance in Germany while the anti Mourinho brigade will blame Mourinho even if Mikhi gets a cold.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What he said MIGHT be true but if there has been some conflict with a member of the staff(as has been rumoured), then he could also be "taking one for the team" and ending that chapter.
The reason why I blew up at Jose was the obvious double standards.
You want to make everyone earn their spot in the team, fine. But Pogba and Zlatan have their positions seemingly secured, based on their reputations. I felt he was on the outer for far too long.
You mean Pogba, the most expensive player in the world and the best player in our team, and Zlatan, the forward we purposely got to start and then scored in 4 of his first 5 games, were unfairly nailed on compared to Mkhi who got injured early in September.

Loublaze

ATLien
I thought his performance was okay but it was below his standard in my opinion and unlike Coleman, Baines wasn't that good in that game. I was expecting him to show what he did against West Ham and Feyenoord, but he didn't show the same against Everton. I was surprised when I saw him being the most votes red cafe motm. I thought Valencia or Jones would get the most votes.
He's the fan favorite and can do no wrong apparently.

Cheekiey

Frustrates me that he gets in so many great positions and gets overlooked. If Poggy mainly looked for him instead of Martial, i think we would create even more chances. Rooney will play in the Spurs game I think, when do we think we will see the Triple M?

Ibra
Martial Mata Mkhi
Pogba Herrera​

Mkhizlatba

You mean Pogba, the most expensive player in the world and the best player in our team, and Zlatan, the forward we purposely got to start and then scored in 4 of his first 5 games, were unfairly nailed on compared to Mkhi who got injured early in September.
Cant agree with you there. I don't even think he's the second best.
Mkitaryan is the best at the moment. He significantly improves the team with his involvement.
Pogba is too inconsistent at this stage but he's still young.

Mkhizlatba

We've got another MadWinger on our hands here.
So if you don't agree with my opinion about a player, you just make it personal?
How about you keep to the topic mate.

Aside from De Gea, I believe the only other player that would make any other teams starting 11 is Mkhi.
That's my opinion, whether its popular or not.

And noone other than United fans think Pogba is anything special.

Smores

Cant agree with you there. I don't even think he's the second best.
Mkitaryan is the best at the moment. He significantly improves the team with his involvement.
Pogba is too inconsistent at this stage but he's still young.
He's the best at the moment? Think he has to play more than a couple of games to suddenly be rated that highly ffs.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So if you don't agree with my opinion about a player, you just make it personal?
How about you keep to the topic mate.

Aside from De Gea, I believe the only other player that would make any other teams starting 11 is Mkhi.
That's my opinion, whether its popular or not.

Lol yeah OK. That's why every club in Europe wanted him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think Jose has generally done a good job with Mkhitaryan, as frustrating as it was to endure. That said, given the emphasis placed on the City performance, I do think Mourinho quickly overlooked the fact that Lingard was even worse in that half, and still quickly established Jesse as one of his reliable men. That was the only thing I found a bit odd, but I guess the problem was different for them both, as Jesse's wasn't down to integration.

As Jose said, 'the best suits are the ones made to measure'.

Stacks

Lol yeah OK. That's why every club in Europe wanted him.
Not quite to be fair. There were links to Real and Barcelona. None were willing to spend big money and displace one of their current players. United officials have claimed the contrary but this could be puffing out the chest. Going by past actions, when Barcelona and Real truly want a player, they are willing to go the full mile and spend serious cash. Real previously ofloaded the likes of Ozil and Higuain to sign Bale. They discarded Di Maria to get Rodriguez and Kroos. If they want to sign Pogba, not only do they have cash reserves, they have high value players they can sell to raise funds (to clubs like United for e.g.). They could easily sell Rodriguez for examples and even Isco, then break the bank for Pogba. They didn't see the worth perhaps as they have 2 centre midfielders who do a better job for them?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Nah, I think most fans would acknowledge he is a talented player and has great potential but I don't think anybody (I'm including Utd fans here) believes he justified the world record fee.

Ban

Its not the fact who wanted him ot for which price but the silly notion that only United fans think he's special.

Adam-Utd

Not quite to be fair. There were links to Real and Barcelona. None were willing to spend big money and displace one of their current players. United officials have claimed the contrary but this could be puffing out the chest. Going by past actions, when Barcelona and Real truly want a player, they are willing to go the full mile and spend serious cash. Real previously ofloaded the likes of Ozil and Higuain to sign Bale. They discarded Di Maria to get Rodriguez and Kroos. If they want to sign Pogba, not only do they have cash reserves, they have high value players they can sell to raise funds (to clubs like United for e.g.). They could easily sell Rodriguez for examples and even Isco, then break the bank for Pogba. They didn't see the worth perhaps as they have 2 centre midfielders who do a better job for them?
We outbid them fair and square.

Adam-Utd

That is a narrative, yet they have spent similar money on both Ronaldo and Bale. In fact they have bought Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso in 1 summer. If he was their true desire, could they not raise the funds?
Their financial position isn't the same as was back then. They used a lot of borrowed money to pay for those transfers in instalments.

It was clear they were trying to shift Isco and Rodriguez to pay for Pogba, but Isco didn't want to leave, and I don't think people wanted to pay what Madrid wanted for Rodriguez. The fact the Pogba deal took a while to complete showed a lot of negotations was going on in the background, Zidane kept asking him to hold on.

People will believe what they want, but to say they wouldn't have Pogba in their team over Kovacic or Isco in midfield is bonkers.

Stacks

Their financial position isn't the same as was back then. They used a lot of borrowed money to pay for those transfers in instalments.

It was clear they were trying to shift Isco and Rodriguez to pay for Pogba, but Isco didn't want to leave, and I don't think people wanted to pay what Madrid wanted for Rodriguez. The fact the Pogba deal took a while to complete showed a lot of negotations was going on in the background, Zidane kept asking him to hold on.

People will believe what they want, but to say they wouldn't have Pogba in their team over Kovacic or Isco in midfield is bonkers.
Kovacevic has made like 3 starts. Isco isn't a guarenteed 1st 11 starter. He would have to replace Modric, Casemeiro or Kroos

gaucho_10

Because Paul Pogba is setting the world on fire with his performances, specially against tougher opponents? :confused:

Seriously, Pogba has shown nothing at United so far. Flat track bully who needs too much time on the ball to do something with it.
Hidden in that 5 man midfield in a team with no competition in the league, he was never going to get exposed.
At the Euro he was average at best which only confirms that his Juventus performances simply can not be a benchmark for anything.

If I'm comparing this seasons Pogba with this season Kovacic there's nothing to suggest that Pogba is a better player, or will be a better player at some point.
They are similar players in style. They both have vast arrays of talents and that rare ability to drive with the ball forward from midfield.
Pogba is stronger, but Kovacic is more mobile (covers more ground) and works harder of the ball. In all other areas they are similar (ball control, dribbling, passing, driving forward with the ball), but Kovacic can play it quicker.

I'm sure Zidane wanted Pogba, but I'm also sure Perez said no and that was definitely a good call (which has nothing to do with my valuation of the player). We have more then enough galactico's and fixed starters in the team. Adding Pogba into the mix at that transfer fee would only create problems. BBC + Pogba + Kroos + Modric would mean zero flexibility for the manager. Emergence of Casemiro was our biggest signing this summer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We outbid them fair and square.
I agree. Its hard for some people to accept that United can actually successfully outbid the likes of RM or Barcelona.
Don't confuse their lack of willingness to buy with a lack of ability.

If Real wanted a player as badly as we did, they'd probably have a better chance of getting him.

ROFLUTION

Don't confuse their lack of willingness to buy with a lack of ability.

If Real wanted a player as badly as we did, they'd probably have a better chance of getting him.
OR: Their missing willingness to buy could be due to their transfer-ability. Maybe didn't have the same money right now, so why bother.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
OR: Their missing willingness to buy could be due to their transfer-ability. Maybe didn't have the same money right now, so why bother.
What? Its blatantly obvious that they don't need Pogba and therefore don't need to spend £90 million on him. Their current midfield duo is arguably the best in the world and got them the Champions League. Why the feck would they spend £90m and break that up.

Apologies - back to Henrikh from now on, I won't post about Pogba on this thread anymore after this :nervous:

Adam-Utd

Because Paul Pogba is setting the world on fire with his performances, specially against tougher opponents? :confused:

Seriously, Pogba has shown nothing at United so far. Flat track bully who needs too much time on the ball to do something with it.
Hidden in that 5 man midfield in a team with no competition in the league, he was never going to get exposed.
At the Euro he was average at best which only confirms that his Juventus performances simply can not be a benchmark for anything.

If I'm comparing this seasons Pogba with this season Kovacic there's nothing to suggest that Pogba is a better player, or will be a better player at some point.
They are similar players in style. They both have vast arrays of talents and that rare ability to drive with the ball forward from midfield.
Pogba is stronger, but Kovacic is more mobile (covers more ground) and works harder of the ball. In all other areas they are similar (ball control, dribbling, passing, driving forward with the ball), but Kovacic can play it quicker.

I'm sure Zidane wanted Pogba, but I'm also sure Perez said no and that was definitely a good call (which has nothing to do with my valuation of the player). We have more then enough galactico's and fixed starters in the team. Adding Pogba into the mix at that transfer fee would only create problems. BBC + Pogba + Kroos + Modric would mean zero flexibility for the manager. Emergence of Casemiro was our biggest signing this summer.
Just a few points there that make your opinion sound ridiculous, and shows you clearly haven't watched our games. You've fallen into the oppositions narrative that he's been rubbish, when he clearly hasn't.

I get that you're trying to stick up for your player and team, but It's all a poor excuse. Madrid wanted him and didn't get him, deal with it. You can't win every transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.