6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

What horrible timing just as he was cementing himself as one of, if not our key player. He had another brilliant game anyway with a beautiful goal. I couldn't have been more wrong about him with his recent performances, and I'm glad I was - I mustn't have been concentrating hard enough on the games I saw of him in the BL!
It takes a man to admit when he is wrong. Or a woman

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I know that our fans especially on this board are quick to classify any XYZ player as our best player after a good run of form but if you've watched us over the last few weeks his impact on our play and quality is so obvious. We don't have anyone in our squad in his mould. He offers oodles of creativity, pace and agility to seemingly cut through the entire defence at will, intelligent and quick in his passing and composed in front of goal. Such a complete player and imo our 'best player'. Shame about that injury, hope it isn't too bad.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It takes a man to admit when he is wrong. Or a woman
A man, thanks. :D

I don't make out like I'm always right as I've been wrong on plenty regarding football and will happily admit when so, but I'm so glad I was wrong about Mkhi because I do like the guy and his style of play is just brilliant to watch.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

RedRevongge

Shame about the injury. He seems to be the type of player we thought Di Maria would be

Man-United

He will miss two difficult away games. Crap that we had PL on wednesday this coming week.

LouisDanGaal

Not a long injury but ends his run of successive motm awards, if it comes with a trophy hes had that for about a month now.

lawliet354

The fact that Rose, one of the fastest fullback in the league cannot catch him is really amazing isn't it, every time he touched the ball he made something happen, just wish that our left side did the same though, we cannot just keep relying on one side

Our left side today really is atrocious, both attacking and defending

The White Pele

Jose:

"I am happy with that from Henrikh. I don't care about individual trophies but for a player like him who spends working and working it means a lot. Not just the way he's creating but his defensive participation in the team. He crossed the line to be a better player. He crossed the line mentally, that others have to cross. I want more from some of my attacking players. The two moments of recovering the ball are crucial moments. Mkhitaryan was superb on that."

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Jose says he'll probably be back for Boxing Day, so thankfully it's nothing serious.

He was our best attacking outlet today, and was very aware in his defending duties, too. His dribbling ability, pace, touch and movement all combine to make him a nightmare to defend against when he's running at you at pace. I love watching him on counters, he makes them all thrilling. When we have someone like Herrera making interceptions and starting counters, or someone like Pogba who can find magical through balls and crosses, and a good finisher (on some days) like Zlatan making runs into the box, he will have a lot of goals and assists if he starts regularly.

Hopefully whatever confidence issues he has and Jose is dealing with will never come up again, he could prove key to a title challenge next season.

EyeInTheSky

Mourinho said he's out for a week.
how do they know that so quickly? Looked like he was headed to the glue factory they way they took him on that bloody stretcher. I was crapping myself as it would typical that after a bad start that he has 4-5 Man of the Match performances on the trot with 2 assists and 2 goals for him to be ruled out for the rest of the season.

EyeInTheSky

Jose says he'll probably be back for Boxing Day, so thankfully it's nothing serious.

He was our best attacking outlet today, and was very aware in his defending duties, too. His dribbling ability, pace, touch and movement all combine to make him a nightmare to defend against when he's running at you at pace. I love watching him on counters, he makes them all thrilling. When we have someone like Herrera making interceptions and starting counters, or someone like Pogba who can find magical through balls and crosses, and a good finisher (on some days) like Zlatan making runs into the box, he will have a lot of goals and assists if he starts regularly.

Hopefully whatever confidence issues he has and Jose is dealing with will never come up again, he could prove key to a title challenge next season.

why next season? Can't a brother dream :D

Rossa

Hes rapid. Apparently he wasn't quick enough to play out wide...
Yeah, guilty. He's actually very fast, but he looks faster with the ball than without, but then he had the run where he almost ran around Vethongen, I think and almost caught the ball. His intelligence and technique are his stand out assets though - great to watch, so entertaining.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Lets forget about the injury, he'll be back soon.

I want to talk more about his fantastic performance, what a player we have on our hands.

He aint no Kagawa thats for sure.

ZAGREB RED

Didn't realise he was so quick until today, was wondering in the early parts of today's game why he hasn't been playing as a 10, then he produces a few bursts of speed. Were there not some stories in the early part of the season when he was out of the picture that he was asking why he was being played right/left instead of in the 10 role ?
Fingers crossed Jose is right when he says he's only out for a week. He really does look a player and a half now he has settled in.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
His dribbling technique is so impressive that it makes him appear quicker than he is.
He is very quick and not just because of his dribbling. He went past Rose and Wanyama and they had like 5 yards on him.

He's already shown it in various games in his season when he can go past players through midfield with just his pace.

Acole9

Outstanding
Brilliant yet again today and a well taken goal. Made a complete mug out of Rose. I hope the injury isn't too serious, Mourinho did suggest it was only a week thankfully.

Dante

Average bang
He's our only winger that knows how to play off a target-man. If Zlatan plays, Mkhitaryan has to be on the pitch as well. Very good today.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He moves like a magician. We finally have our own David Silva/De Bruyne type player.
Well said. For me this is why he is different to a Mata.. More direct and carries the ball with that energy Mata doesn't. If you are going to be a wide playmaker especially for a United side, you need to be athletic and now he's settled in he looks more robust when carrying the ball.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's our only winger that knows how to play off a target-man. If Zlatan plays, Mkhitaryan has to be on the pitch as well. Very good today.
Harsh on Mata, unless you're not counting him as a winger?

NinjaFletch

Its a huge shame that it seems increasingly apparent from what both he and Mourinho are saying that he missed three months at the start of the season through mental issues (and which has always been his issue).

The way he's been playing since he's come into the team has been nothing short of sensational hopefully he can keep it up; we can't really afford him not to.

AndyJ1985

He's a very good player. Now we just need to add a few more players of the same calibre and we'll be back in business.

Fraud

What is really impressive is his speed with the ball.

Like Kaka when he was fit.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really hard to judge how fast he is. He has excellent acceleration over the first few yards plus his great quick feet and dribbling lets him run past defenders easily. Throw a ball between 2 players to chase and he probably won't look that quick. Though even then sometimes he looks rapid like he did against Zorya that one time where the keeper came out. Give him the ball at his feet and a bit of space and he'll just run with it and it's great to watch. Exactly what we've missed.

If Martial gets back to his best (and he has looked better and had glimpses here and there), then we'll have 2 brilliant wingers, a world class striker, and an excellent midfield 3 (3 of herrera, pogba, mata or carrick). Bailly as a dominant center back. Valencia as a tank on the right. We really need the left side of our pitch to get their shit together. Shaw and Martial can both be brilliant so once they get to their best, I think we'll look really complete.

Dante

Average bang
Harsh on Mata, unless you're not counting him as a winger?
You're right. Mata's great at runs down the channels as well, to be fair. But I don't like the idea of two of our front three being slow. I'd take Mata/Mkhi as wingers if Martial is up top. But, otherwise, I think we lose more than we gain from Mata's creativity.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What is really impressive is his speed with the ball.

Like Kaka when he was fit.
I like that even when he runs at full speed the ball never goes any further away from him than right under his knee.

He's like McManaman in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.