Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You've obviously never watched the Bundesliga, Dortmund or him.
I have, it's simply the shiny new toy syndrome you're suffering from. He's a good player but so is Mata.

Dumbat12

They're at the same level. Mkhi is coming of a better season which is down to LVG being a clown but on talent alone Mata is right up there.
You're absolutely delusional. I don't even feel I need to waste my time with this.

Keep living in your dream world.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
The mistake some of you made is thinking Mhkitaryan is an elite level talent (he's not). I can see him eventually forcing his way into the team like Willian did for us but he'll have to be willing to sacrifice a lot. Unless you're a big name & proven winner Mourinho has a tendency to ease his new signings into the team.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
No Mick Guitarium. :(

Skills

Snitch
Mata and Mkhitaryan should both be starting. The fat cnut shouldn't be though

Rajma

What the hell is going on here? Why is Mkhi not starting? He can't possibly be worse than fecking Rooney is and not to mention Rooney is occupying Mkhi natural position.

Ffs, did Van Gaal skin Mourinho so he could wear his skin? This is absolutely mind-boggling.
Calm down. Henrik will start soon. Firstly, mata won't be effective on the right at all times, consequently, he will replace him.

Essentially, JM trying to keep fighting mentality in Mata by allowing him to start as a result player will be motivated even then he's on the bench.

Additional side effect is that Mata now will realise he can contribute and be a part of the team so he will be always upbeat and on his toes and at some particular moment in season we will need him, it would have been criminal on JM's behalf if he benched Mata after his solid showing in our last game.

Also, I can bet that Henrik undoubtedly gonna occupy Ronney's position in the second half of the season. I'm confident that Mourinho just trying to make everyone acknowledge how shit Ronney is by actually playing him in early stages of the season, so Rooney can deservedly be excluded from the starting lineup for everyone to see.

He's an intelligent person and doesn't want any media, fans or players unrest so quickly into his regime, he knows Rooney will do the dirty work for him by being clueless on the pitch.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
I hope the reason he doesn't start isn't that Jose doesn't see him as right winger. Because if we bought him to be only a 10, I think it would have been a kind of pointless signing. A right winger was what we needed. On the 10 we have Rooney, Mata and it's Pogbas best position too in the long term. If he doesn't see him as winger (and he said that winger was one of the 4 "Important" signings, wasn't it?) then we would have been better with signing someone like Mahrez tbh. But still early days, Mata played fine so far and Miki will settle in and get his chance imo. But really don't want to see us waiting for him to get past Rooney, while we still play with Mata and Lingard on the right wing like we did last year. Nothing against those 2, but over a course of the season and against the best teams those 2 won't be good enough imo (same with Fellaini as DM, but that's another story).

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't know who's worse, people who are panicking over him not starting after 2 games into the season or one or two people who are making some stupid excuses about how other player "deserve" to start over him despite him not getting a chance at all so far and Mourinho bringing him because he obviously thought he is better than those players.

He'll get his chance and we shouldn't be panicking yet because Mourinho obviously has some reason not to start him yet, but people have the every chance to expect him to start.

Bestie07

I just don't understand why he doesn't start. Surely he was bought to be an automatic starter?
Mata's form is why he doesn't start. Rooney must have some sort of clause in his contract that makes him undroppable because that's the only reason I see manager after manager continuing with him even though it's clear to everyone that he is detrimental to the team.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
I just don't understand why he doesn't start. Surely he was bought to be an automatic starter?
Maybe he isn't really settled with the team yet. I said very early before we signed him that he is a sensible guy and could struggle early in a new environment. he needed time and Tuchel at Dortmund too. I think he could have stayed another year there, but of course I am happy now that we have signed him and he is a great player, no doubt about that. It wouldn't be a huge shock for me if he is the one out of our 4 signings who needs the most time to be at his best.
That said, Mata hasn't done anything wrong either, so no need to drop him. Same with Blind for example, Smalling will probably get ahead of him at some point, but right now it's understandable why we didn't change our CB pair.

Skills

Snitch
I don't know who's worse, people who are panicking over him not starting after 2 games into the season or one or two people who are making some stupid excuses about how other player "deserve" to start over him despite him not getting a chance at all so far and Mourinho bringing him because he obviously thought he is better than those players.

He'll get his chance and we shouldn't be panicking yet because Mourinho obviously has some reason not to start him yet, but people have the every chance to expect him to start.
This is accurate. I'm just frustrated seeing Rooney in our lineup despite, quite obviously holding us back.

It's like trying to float with a 50 kilo dumbbell tied around your scrotum.

Ainu

Maybe he isn't really settled with the team yet. I said very early before we signed him that he is a sensible guy and could struggle early in a new environment. he needed time and Tuchel at Dortmund too. I think he could have stayed another year there, but of course I am happy now that we have signed him and he is a great player, no doubt about that. It wouldn't be a huge shock for me if he is the one out of our 4 signings who needs the most time to be at his best.
That said, Mata hasn't done anything wrong either, so no need to drop him. Same with Blind for example, Smalling will probably get ahead of him at some point, but right now it's understandable why we didn't change our CB pair.
You're probably right, but as long as he isn't getting those competitive minutes I'm not sure how Mourinho expects him to settle in. At the very least he should get a longer sub appearance this time around.

Smores

If players up their game following a new arrival they shouldnt then be kicked out of the team just because.

He'll get his chance and i have no doubt he'll win his spot. Its a long season

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
“Some managers, when it’s their decision to buy players, the first thing they think is to protect themselves,” Mourinho claimed.

“To protect their choices, the player they buy, they have to play all the time. I’m not like this. Before me comes the team and what I think is best for the team."

“I keep saying Mkhitarayan is a super football player and will give us a lot during the season.”
(Football365)

psychdelicblues

“Some managers, when it’s their decision to buy players, the first thing they think is to protect themselves,” Mourinho claimed.

“To protect their choices, the player they buy, they have to play all the time. I’m not like this. Before me comes the team and what I think is best for the team."

“I keep saying Mkhitarayan is a super football player and will give us a lot during the season.”
(Football365)
Horse's mouth.

Skills

Snitch
Again, tough to tell with a cameo. But I like the look of him, looks really sharp

Stringer

Start him. Looks to have an excellent blend of pace and technique.

Nickosaur

I know he's only been on for a few minutes. But does he remind anyone else of Hazard? Maybe not as quick, but the way he dribbles/moves.

Anyway - I love Mata, but I think this guy is going to be fecking brilliant on our RW.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
He should walk straight into the team tbh. He's so much better than Rooney it's not even funny.

fallengt

Very nice cameo so far. Looking forward to see him play full match.

Status
Not open for further replies.