g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Henrikh Mkhitaryan image 22

Henrikh Mkhitaryan Armenia flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Very good cameo. He's got the cute touches and inventiveness of Mata with far more pace and power.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Looked much better. We're gonna have a tough time deciding between him and Mata.

Imagine playing them both :drool: I just fear they are too similar.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Would love to see him get 90 mins. Very creative and quite fast isn't he?!

Stringer

not so far this season. Rooney has done well in the 3 games so far, no matter any previous opinion.
Rooney was dire last week and in the Community Shield. He was decent tonight but Mata still looked the more creative player.

Bwuk

Think he'll start against Hull instead of Martial.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Some players need more time to settle into new culture and environment than the others, he's probably one of them. Better to play him when he's 100% ready than risking him burning out and losing cofidence, I'm sure Jose knows what he's doing.

saivet

Good cameo. Expect him to remain on the bench in the next game until Mata or Martial have a poor game, possibly Rooney if he plays like he's drunk.

Deleted member 101472

Good cameo. Expect him to remain on the bench in the next game until Mata or Martial have a poor game, possibly Rooney if he plays like he's drunk.
Martial and mata both a bit off tonight so he should be taking one of their place

In Rainbows

He should get a start. Liked what I have seen of him in his few minutes. Great technique and composure on the ball, and will help counter attack. Thought Rooney improved in this match compared to his first two matches, but I would like to see Martial, Ibra, and Micky start.

VanGaalEra

I really want to see him in the team, he looked like he really wanted to impress when he came on.

saivet

Martial and mata both a bit off tonight so he should be taking one of their place
Felt Mata had a good first half and Martial looked dangerous in the second half. Both had positives today, so don't think we'll see either dropped based on today's performance.

Godfather

You just can tell there is a great player. Let him play instead of Roo or Mata in the next game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The quality is obvious... He'll start soon enough and make that spot his own. He can be world class like Pogba and Ibra are, and what Martial has the potential to be. Just so quick on the ball with great control and a smart head on his shoulders. Hopefully he starts against Hull, as after that we play City.

Devil81

Fantastic cameo, having said that he's going to have to physically force Mata out of this team with excellent performances.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I dont think Mata gives us that edge when hes wide. Hes quite slow so it makes us slower on the counter attack as a whole. Mkhitaryan should be starting since he is physically much faster which is more suited to our team.

Brightonian

Rooney's the first one who should forfeit his place. Martial's first half was a total waste but he deserves to keep his spot just on the strength of that 20-minute savaging he gave Southampton in the second half. How none of those attacks ended up in the goal I'll never know. Particularly confused about why Ibra appeared to just give up on that perfect through-ball.

There'd be a decent argument for dropping Mata for Miki instead, except that Rooney was worse. To my eyes, they should both be benched, for Mkhitaryan and Lingard/Rashford. A big target of a CF like Ibrahimovic needs fast, dynamic players around him. Pogba needs runners to pick out, not possession-magnets who drop off the second he takes more than three steps forward. If Mourinho wants us to break, he needs to pick the right players for it:

Martial Ibrahimovic Rashford
Mkhitaryan
Pogba Fellaini​

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Rooney's the first one who should forfeit his place. Martial's first half was a total waste but he deserves to keep his spot just on the strength of that 20-minute savaging he gave Southampton in the second half. How none of those attacks ended up in the goal I'll never know. Particularly confused about why Ibra appeared to just give up on that perfect through-ball.

There'd be a decent argument for dropping Mata for Miki instead, except that Rooney was worse. To my eyes, they should both be benched, for Mkhitaryan and Lingard/Rashford. A big target of a CF like Ibrahimovic needs fast, dynamic players around him. Pogba needs runners to pick out, not possession-magnets who drop off the second he takes more than three steps forward. If Mourinho wants us to break, he needs to pick the right players for it:

Martial Ibrahimovic Rashford
Mkhitaryan
Pogba Fellaini
Would love to see this.

The good thing is that we now have options. Just need to see how Jose goes about putting it all together.

Perrick Dubois

I think Mata will lose his spot to Mkhi after he has gotten settled in. Pretty quickly as well, Jose is easing him in and I like that. Not really much to gague from his two 15 minute cameo's. Small steps, let him get settled and have him firing for the last two thirds of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.