g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Henrikh Mkhitaryan image 22

Henrikh Mkhitaryan Armenia flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStarUnited

D'oh! Yeah, only two of them will start. Rooney's a shoe-in IMO. Guess I'd go with Mikhi on the other side. Harsh on Mata though.
Mikhi, Mata and Rooney would be the best option IMO. With Martial coming off the bench for the last 30 minutes.
Rooney??

What exactly did he do yesterday and in the last month or so to give you such confidence?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Mikhi, Mata and Rooney would be the best option IMO. With Martial coming off the bench for the last 30 minutes.
Rooney against Liverpool.. Wut? We need either Martial or Rashford out wide to give us some pace out wide. If we play Mata and Rooney against Liverpool, playing right into their hands.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Rooney??

What exactly did he do yesterday and in the last month or so to give you such confidence?
Played well in his last few appearances, that's what. If anything he's been the most consistent performer out of Mikhi, Martial and Rashford. I think Mata can feel hard done by if he misses out but Mourinho will probably pick Rooney ahead of him. Hence he subbed him off so early.

RedStarUnited

Played well in his last few appearances, that's what. If anything he's been the most consistent performer out of Mikhi, Martial and Rashford. I think Mata can feel hard done by if he misses out but Mourinho will probably pick Rooney ahead of him. Hence he subbed him off so early.
You are thinking back to his beard days. He has been crap for about a month now.

I hope Jose doesnt feel the same way.

Sparky10Legend

So since Miki started being selected Rooney has been better than him?, that, frankly, is madness.

He, as someone else has said, has reverted to his last 2/3 years level after a "couple" of "ok" games.

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He seems overly eager to impress. The quality is there, no doubt about it but i am not yet sure he is the type of attacker we need.

Sparky10Legend

No it's not.

Care to elaborate how its different then (In so much as it means he is more deserving of a start)

Rooney is more consistently "poor" if thats what you mean, but clearly thats not conducive to a side wanting to win.

Not digging at you, genuinely interested to know what way you mean.

drdoityourself

He seems overly eager to impress. The quality is there, no doubt about it but i am not yet sure he is the type of attacker we need.
How? He's just exactly what we've been screaming out for. Quick, fast dribbler, good passer and an intelligent player. Always looking for ways to attack not settling for the easy backpass we've become used to.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Care to elaborate how its different then (In so much as it means he is more deserving of a start)

Rooney is more consistently "poor" if thats what you mean, but clearly thats not conducive to a side wanting to win.

Not digging at you, genuinely interested to know what way you mean.
Mikhi's hit greater heights, in terms of moments within games and/or overall performances but he's also produced more careless/sloppy moments. Rooney's been more consistent and defensively robust, without producing the same moments of brilliance. I think Mourinho will pick both of them.

Sepukku

How? He's just exactly what we've been screaming out for. Quick, fast dribbler, good passer and an intelligent player. Always looking for ways to attack not settling for the easy backpass we've become used to.
I'm afraid he won't start all matches and he will want to move in the summer. He's got serious competition there, with Martial, Mata and Lingard showing more than him. I think he doesn't like the situation, he's eager to play in all matches and I just hope he realizes this is another level, where he needs to be patient enough.

drdoityourself

I'm afraid he won't start all matches and he will want to move in the summer. He's got serious competition there, with Martial, Mata and Lingard showing more than him. I think he doesn't like the situation, he's eager to play in all matches and I just hope he realizes this is another level, where he needs to be patient enough.
This is incredibly haste after he had a fantastic period prior to the Rose tackle in the Spurs game. Lingard definately hasn't showed more than him, and he offers more on the wing than Mata.

There has been nothing suggesting he's likely to jet off, if he'd sulked after Mourinho dropped him he wouldn't have gotten the chances he's had over the past month or so. His attitude seems to be good and I can only see him staying here for the long run.

Kaos

Hull were far too congested, he'll be given more space against Liverpool where he'll be lethal cutting into the middle from out wide. Definitely should start, alongside Martial too.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Hasn't quite hit the blistering form he was in before the Spurs injury but is still probably our best attacking player. I hope he can get back to that form he had before the injury because he was literally unplayable. I do worry about these ankle injuries though, having had them myself and having seen professional players struggle with them I know they can linger on and put you just a little off the pace due to a slight hindrance in agility due to the fragility of the previously sprain ankle. Doesn't seem like a big issue but it could be the difference between being great or average at the top level I would guess.

I hope to see him start against Liverpool and be back to his best.

Last edited:

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
What? I can't imagine he would want to move in the summer. He's in Jose's good book now, hopefully for good. He's tremendously gifted and exciting player and a real crowd favourite. And he's attacking the space (caf joke)! Just what the doctor ordered after the LVG/Moyes fiasco.

Last edited:

AgentP

If he wanted to leave, he would have given up by now. But he fought his way into the first team and has won over Mourinho. In all his interviews, he has made it clear that all he wants is to play for United. Mata has been playing well but even then Mkhi is still our first choice on the right wing. Lingard is not even close to challenging him for a spot. I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that he might want to leave.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
I'm not completely sure this was enough for Mourinho to select him on Sunday. Mata & Rooney might get the nod.
No white text? Mata, I can understand...but Rooney? Even with Mata, he would have to play on the right and Mkhi is superior player on that position, even when he's not in full flight like last night. Mata is far better player when played centrally. That's why Jose is using him when he can afford to drop Pogba further back against weak teams (like last night) or if we chase the result.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Similar performance to Mata's last week against Reading. Great in the build up, but left his shooting boots at home. Still thought it was quite a good performance, his brain just dropped out in front of goal. He'll definitely start vs Liverpool.

unitedforeveral

Regardless of anything anybody says, MkhiT has been wonderful since his return to the main team. If you notice the games he has played in, he's covered every other attacking position on the pitch in the players' absence. He dribbles past players like they aren't even there. Against Hull, he missed a few chances, yet i would rate him better than many others. He took both wings at some point and even the number 10 position. He's an intelligent footballer and deserves all the minutes in all the upcoming games. He will only get better with game time and learning his opponents and their style of play. As for Rooney, he or Mata should start alongside Pogba in a 4-1-4-1 formation and we'll have a blast against Liverpool.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Lingard shows more than Mkhitaryan?

predator

Youth NITK
I think he was great last night. The only thing he could do with improving is his shooting but that has never been his forte. At least he can shoot with both feet to a degree. His dribbling at speed if phenomenal.

He is exactly what we need. He looks more at home dribbling through the middle, directly towards goal unlike Martial.

Sepukku

If he wanted to leave, he would have given up by now. But he fought his way into the first team and has won over Mourinho. In all his interviews, he has made it clear that all he wants is to play for United. Mata has been playing well but even then Mkhi is still our first choice on the right wing. Lingard is not even close to challenging him for a spot. I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that he might want to leave.
Well i can tell he is loved. We shall see in the summer when both he and Mou draw a line.

As a side note, Its becoming impossible really to share an opinion on these forums. Its like all common sense vanquished and the fanbois have taken its place.

Last edited:

AgentP

Well i can tell he is loved. We shall see in the summer when both he and Mou draw a line.

As a side note, Its becoming impossible really to share an opinion on these forums. Its like all common sense vanquished and the fanbois have taken its place.
No, I get your point about him having to be patient and that he can't start all games with the players we have. I just don't think he would want to leave for that reason. If he really was a player with that kind of mentality, he would have thrown a fit in the initial few months where he didn't get to play at all and didn't even make the bench. Now that he has broken into the first 11, I don't see him suddenly wanting to leave. Just look at the way Di Maria reacted when he got benched and compare it with Mkhi. There is a world of difference.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That run that cut right through their centre.

It's funny, no matter what level of football you play at, the ability to run fast, and with the ball is super hard to stop.

rotherham_red

Rooney should only start if Zlatan is out. There's no way he should be played on the wing in a 4-3-3, would just be playing into Klippety's hands if we did.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mkhitaryan and Martial please. They are our best wide men, and are not playing poorly. Liverpool don't have this amazing full back threat either, so I'd imagine they will be more concerned with our players. Unless, of course, we play players that will shift e balance to being more concerned with theirs. Like playing Young or Lingard. Or even Rooney (out wide).

Brightonian

Mkhitaryan and Martial please. They are our best wide men, and are not playing poorly. Liverpool don't have this amazing full back threat either, so I'd imagine they will be more concerned with our players. Unless, of course, we play players that will shift e balance to being more concerned with theirs. Like playing Young or Lingard. Or even Rooney (out wide).
Yep. We're in the sort of form where you stick to your own game plan and just put out the scariest team you can. Right now that means Miki and Martial.

Dave46

It's like you have missed the entire month of December. At present time, he is better than Martial and Lingard. Mata has an edge on his finishing, but Miki is faster, carries the ball well and creates chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.