6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

prath92

he played in pogba for his chance. his movement got him 1 chance which mignolet saved. his another pass should have been finished by martial. all in all well played i thought

Fracture90

Why are people saying he was poor today? He created a chance for Pogba and had a great run from which he should have scored. Good cameo as LB as well, ain't his fault our game was based on hoofing the ball up front, skipping the middle.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
He had a decent game. Wasn't amazing but was one of our better players.

SidRed

Not very good today, but did show glimpses of his ability. Finishing seems to be his major weakness.

Irrational.

He was our best attacking player I thought, worked hard and could have had a goal and an assist to his name.

He's just getting started. :drool:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Even when he's just okay, he sets up chances.

He's class, not his best performance...but one of those who wasn't overawed by the Liverpool pressing game.

dal

I remeber when he was coming from left back final minutes of the game think pogba squares it to him and he runs on to it on edge of box and just seems to lose his composure and just passes it to know1

He doesn't seem to turn up in the big games. It can't really be argued just hope he can turn it around.

Defo still need a world class attacker along the lines of Sanchez, Hazard to continue improving.

wythyred

Average from Mkhi today.. Thought he could of done better with his chance and he didn't have much if any influence overall.

I would like to see him play in the 10 going forward, think he would could be great there.

mu4c_20le

Why are people saying he was poor today? He created a chance for Pogba and had a great run from which he should have scored. Good cameo as LB as well, ain't his fault our game was based on hoofing the ball up front, skipping the middle.
Because, apart from those things, he was poor. He misplaced a lot of passes. Rooney also did all of that, but when he misses a chance he's horrible, when Mhki misses a chance it counts as a positive because he got in the right position.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I remeber when he was coming from left back final minutes of the game think pogba squares it to him and he runs on to it on edge of box and just seems to lose his composure and just passes it to know1

He doesn't seem to turn up in the big games. It can't really be argued just hope he can turn it around.

Defo still need a world class attacker along the lines of Sanchez, Hazard to continue improving.
He turned up against Tottenham. Even Hazard doesn't turn up in the big games sometimes.

We definetly don't need to replace him.

He's basically our Willian/Pedro.

ti vu

Decent performance. drift in and out of game. Disappointed if going by his top performance for us. Had moment when he could decide the result but couldn't take it: the shot & overhit cross for Martial.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
A great run? He was clean through to score because of Zlatan's pass if it wasn't for a terrible second touch. Hardly something that Mkhitaryan deserves credit for.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Solid game, but not at his best obviously. His first chance was tough and he did decently, being on his weaker foot and a tough angle, but his second chance he should've done better. Way too much power on his square to martial to make it difficult and the touch was a tiny bit sloppy to let the chance go away. He's so versatile and consistent with his technique though that he'll still have a good impact even when he isn't at his best.

MounchesterUtd

His performances have dipped just a bit, but that's to be expected since he hit the ground running (quite literally too) when he finally got his chance. We should start Mata more often and save H&M for the later stages of the cup rounds and the PL.

Sylar

Going through the player threads, I was just thinking, its sorta hard to rate attacking players when the game was like it was today. He was ok, not bad, not great. Still, should be scoring (but at least he hit the target)
I think if its the other side, he scores, ala Spurs game. No excuse though cos hes good with both feet.

Solid game, but not at his best obviously. His first chance was tough and he did decently, being on his weaker foot and a tough angle, but his second chance he should've done better. Way too much power on his square to martial to make it difficult and the touch was a tiny bit sloppy to let the chance go away. He's so versatile and consistent with his technique though that he'll still have a good impact even when he isn't at his best.
He was still our best attacker and towards the end of the game he was always the first one there to close down the opposition
I think Mourinho will have been happy with him yesterday.

SirScholes

He was still our best attacker and towards the end of the game he was always the first one there to close down the opposition
I think Mourinho will have been happy with him yesterday.
If Jose is happy with any of our players yesterday I'll be upset.
Herrera maybe a 6/10 was the better player Zlatan because he scored?
Alarmingly the person who looked like they were doing their job was fellaini.
Quiet game for all our attackers

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
I like the way this guy plays; He's intelligent, fast, can carry the ball at pace. Perhaps more importantly Jose knew Mhiki was the best option for LB when the situation called for it!*
We needed as many attacking options as we could muster but we also needed experience in such a big game environment. Rooney had come on for Carrick; a defensive minded character for an attacker. Whatever you may think of Rooney, he's "been there done that" scored big goals on big occasions and has learned to keep his cool.

We already had one young, albeit expensive player, who was not managing the occasion well so we couldn't afford another. The risk of bringing Rashford on was clearly considered too risky. Making that move wouldn't have brought the strength we needed to break down a very solid, compact Liverpool defensive set-up. That was why first Mata & then big Felly were brought on to such great effect (we did pull level after all) Great tactics because they worked.

*Now back to Mhiki; What if

Our back four starts with Valencia - Rojo-(Smalling or Jones) and Mhiki
We of course keep Carrick, Ander & Pog in midfield
Mata can then start every game on the right
with our choice of Martial, Rashford, Lingard & Rooney and Mata to play either side
of Ibra leading the line the line

Can Mhiki defend well enough? Would he need to?

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
It'd be absolutely bizarre seeing Mkhi as our starting LB but José does seem to think he can do an efficient enough job there in particular circumstances so, just for the chaos that'd ensue, I wouldn't be against it. It'd be bonkers seeing Mkhi and Valencia as our, pretty much, wingers, with our attacking 3/4 to boot. It might just be crazy enough to work for the 1st 10 minutes, and what a 10 minutes they'd be.

AgentP

I like the way this guy plays; He's intelligent, fast, can carry the ball at pace. Perhaps more importantly Jose knew Mhiki was the best option for LB when the situation called for it!*
We needed as many attacking options as we could muster but we also needed experience in such a big game environment. Rooney had come on for Carrick; a defensive minded character for an attacker. Whatever you may think of Rooney, he's "been there done that" scored big goals on big occasions and has learned to keep his cool.

We already had one young, albeit expensive player, who was not managing the occasion well so we couldn't afford another. The risk of bringing Rashford on was clearly considered too risky. Making that move wouldn't have brought the strength we needed to break down a very solid, compact Liverpool defensive set-up. That was why first Mata & then big Felly were brought on to such great effect (we did pull level after all) Great tactics because they worked.

*Now back to Mhiki; What if

Our back four starts with Valencia - Rojo-(Smalling or Jones) and Mhiki
We of course keep Carrick, Ander & Pog in midfield
Mata can then start every game on the right
with our choice of Martial, Rashford, Lingard & Rooney and Mata to play either side
of Ibra leading the line the line

Can Mhiki defend well enough? Would he need to?
Playing Mkhi at LB will be alright when we go all out attacking when chasing a game or trying to win it after 70+ minutes. But playing him there from the start won't make much sense IMO as he will have too much defensive responsibility. We need him high up the pitch to really influence the game with his clever runs, through balls and link-up play. What we need at LB is Shaw back at his pre-injury level.

KN5

It'd be absolutely bizarre seeing Mkhi as our starting LB but José does seem to think he can do an efficient enough job there in particular circumstances so, just for the chaos that'd ensue, I wouldn't be against it. It'd be bonkers seeing Mkhi and Valencia as our, pretty much, wingers, with our attacking 3/4 to boot. It might just be crazy enough to work for the 1st 10 minutes, and what a 10 minutes they'd be.
He's too valuable attacking to have him LB. For say 15-20 mins when chasing a game when we're gonna be pressed up anyway it's fine since all but 1-2 will be forward, but if he has to do anything defensively, not saying he can't do it but having his effort go in the other direction is definitely more valuable, he glides past players.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
I want Shaw back too, but until Mourino feels he's ready our left side is weak!
Yes Mhiki is a fabulous midfielder / attacker and yes he glides past players but he's also experienced enough to play from the back & know when to go and when not to. And just think how Mhiki can help Martial excel (or the others) when he's behind them!

AND Mata plays!

Aint gota Kalou

He played well there when we went attacking for the last 20 minutes but no way he is a fullback. The thought of him defending the far post is scary. Plus it would limit him from being one of our best attacking players.

Fracture90

Because, apart from those things, he was poor. He misplaced a lot of passes. Rooney also did all of that, but when he misses a chance he's horrible, when Mhki misses a chance it counts as a positive because he got in the right position.
He misplaced a lot of passes? Mate we played like shiit for the most part just hoofing the ball upfront and still he managed to create and get in chances, which is far more than majority of the team managed to do.

A great run? He was clean through to score because of Zlatan's pass if it wasn't for a terrible second touch. Hardly something that Mkhitaryan deserves credit for.
I think we aren't talking about the same situation sizzling.

I was talking about that run in the first half when Darmian connected him with the goal with that beautiful inside pass.

On the other hand you're referring to that 2nd half chance when he sent the ball inside for Martial after Zlatan's pass.

Mike09

I thought Mkhytaryan had a good game in a difficult game if this make sense to you. He tried to make something, made a great run, great passes and at the same time defensively he tried to help the midfield to get the ball back again. More than half of our players didn't perform but it looks to me he still did a lot of good stuff despite of a difficult game.

NinjaFletch

I don't know who's fault it is, his or the other players, but he's just not getting into games as much as he should be.

Still produces moments of quality here and there, but we need more from him.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
He created a one on one opportunity for Ibra who should've scored. But yes he wasn't good in the opening 20 minutes

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Looks like he doesn't fancy the cold day at Stoke. Some nice moments but very easily bustled about by Stoke's defensive players. Visibly shaken by it e.g. the shanked shot from 12 yards into row Z.

JoaquinJoaquin

I don't know who's fault it is, his or the other players, but he's just not getting into games as much as he should be.

Still produces moments of quality here and there, but we need more from him.
To be fair, even in his bad games he will create a golden opportunity or two, something the likes of Lingard don't generally do. Think he has been OK today, nothing great mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.