Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
it's not hard to see that he is much better when played with Martial than Lingard. Playing Martial gives width and creates more spaces for him to run at. He is not quite effective against compact teams without players around him in his wavelength. He did fine yesterday considering a missed assist.
The problem is Lingard wants to do the same thing as Mkhi, they like to come inside and play "between the lines".

You could see how narrow we were last night, Lingard didn't try and take on the fullback once, neither did Mkhi. Only when Rashford came on and stretched their defence did we start opening them up easier.

For me it should be Mkhi + Martial or Mkhi + Rashford.

Stacks

With Mkhitaryan
P14 W10 D2 L2 F33 A11
71.4% Win
2.3 goals per game
0.78 goals conceded per game

with out Miki
P15 W8 D4 L3 F24 A15
53.3% Win
1.6 goals per game
1 conceded per game

The numbers don't lie. He is sparking our revival

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The performances banner for Mkhitaryan says he's had 15 apps this season - am I missing something?

Stacks

Could do for him to have another good performance in one of these cup games before Liverpool. I felt he was a bit off the boil against West Ham and in parts against Middlesbrough.
Borough? the game when he dropped into LB? I thought he was very good. he was piecing our moves together and created some clear cut chances with neat through balls. Then dropped into LB and was still involved in our attacks. Even Jose gave him a shout out. West Ham he was crap. Most of our lads were. we had one days rest so I give those games a by

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
haha he is reminding me of those UCL semis vs Madrid with his finishing.

madRedDevil07

He should have gone for the far post with a side foot than blasting it at the near post. We need to bury such chances in the box.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He should have gone for the far post with a side foot than blasting it at the near post. We need to bury such chances in the box.
In fairness the keeper was moving across goal and was beaten if it was on target. Just hit it a quarter-of-a-second too early.

madRedDevil07

In fairness the keeper was moving across goal and was beaten if it was on target. Just hit it a quarter-of-a-second too early.
Keeper would not have saved a shot at the far post either. If you sohot at the far post, probability of scoring is high for a right footed player from that side of the box.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Got the assist for the vital goal. Drived forwards a few times which was good to see.

His best position is RM though. He played there for Dortmund and should be playing there for United. He's versatile but his best position is there for sure.

Ban

Good game, had some nice runs through them, just needed to be more precise with his finishing.

JezChan

His impact is nullified to some degree when we're not playing on the counter though. We saw his best tonight (as we do usually) when he's running at defences at pace.

m1y2

he was pretty average with some good moments, should have finished some chances but he will come good, he showed quality and he will show it again, Liverpool game is what matters..

Devil may care

A couple of scintillating runs and a headed assist, but should have scored one of the 2 good chances he had.

Donut

I'm not completely sure this was enough for Mourinho to select him on Sunday. Mata & Rooney might get the nod.

Walters_19_MuFc

Moments of world class play, then some really sloppy moments. Overall I felt he was ok, though. That run where he set Rashford up in the end was fantastic. He's capable of that, and something I want to see more of.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Not much of a fan of him on the left personally.
Yep, he's a lot more direct when on the right. On the left he always cuts inside, while on the right he can go both ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Borough? the game when he dropped into LB? I thought he was very good. he was piecing our moves together and created some clear cut chances with neat through balls. Then dropped into LB and was still involved in our attacks. Even Jose gave him a shout out. West Ham he was crap. Most of our lads were. we had one days rest so I give those games a by
He was just a bit sloppy at times before moving to left back. And to be honest i think he's continued that a bit in each game since. He was scintillating when he got brought back into the team but i think he's had a bit of a drop off in performance since. For example he gave away the ball three times in a row at one point tonight, i think it was at the beginning of the second half.

Still, he's looking dangerous on the ball and having his fair share of good moments though. I think he'll get the nod for sunday but he just needs to up his game again because Liverpool are going to try and hound us off the ball.

Sylar

Yeah, hoping he starts on the right on Sunday. (with Martial left). He had some good moments and good runs. Was surprised with his finishing today, seemed very lax.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
That run to release Rashford was world class. He needs to continue to do more of that and the only way he will is if you keep him in the team.

He was like this in his best season for Dortmund, didn't do that much the whole game but came in with assists/goals. He did exactly that today with Mata's goal.

I don't think you can drop him, he wasn't played in his best position and is still getting a feel of the Premier League.

When he did play RM he was fantastic (Tottenham), just allow the guy to play, he'll continue to contribute.

Also his finishing is normally like this, it was especially annoying for Dortmund, so don't expect it to change.

itso 7

I'm not completely sure this was enough for Mourinho to select him on Sunday. Mata & Rooney might get the nod.
And leave us completely short of pace against a side that presses high like Liverpool? That will be blatant match fixing imo because we need pace on the break if we are going to be effective in attack against a team of that nature.

Fracture90

D'oh! Yeah, only two of them will start. Rooney's a shoe-in IMO. Guess I'd go with Mikhi on the other side. Harsh on Mata though.
Mourinho will probably opt for Rooney on the left with Mikhi on the right as both of them will put a shift in defensive work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.