6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Started great playing on the half turn off Ibra, then slid effortlesy into a slightly deeper midfield role, pulling the stirngs and picking some neat passes in the final 3rd, pure class.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
RM,CM,LB - how many positions did he play today - Brilliant again .

Guess he was tired towards the end. I would rest him on Monday.

PoTMS

Anyone else think he's better than De Bruyne? Genuinely outstanding player. Wouldn't swap him for any other attacking midfielder in the world.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Anyone else think he's better than De Bruyne? Genuinely outstanding player. Wouldn't swap him for any other attacking midfielder in the world.
Last season Mkhi was better than KDB has ever shown through a season, so if he can replicate that form then yes.

He would be brilliant even without that pace, but that pace combined with his close control while running full pelt just makes him absolutely lethal.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just a lovely player to watch. More of a support role today as Martial was the main threat, but played it brilliantly all the same. What a difference having a world class player on the wings makes. His movement on the ball, intelligence, and most importantly, the consistency with his technique with both feet just make him so hard to get close to. No matter the pressure he's under and on either foot, he plays a great first time pass to an open man. Every time. Seems so simple but so few play those passes so crisply as consistently as he does.

Dave46

RM,CM,LB - how many positions did he play today - Brilliant again .

Guess he was tired towards the end. I would rest him on Monday.
He was not tired. He just moved to Blind's spot, when Rashford came in for Smalling.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Love Mkhitaryan's underrated ability to abruptly pick out slightly complex passes with his weaker left foot. A lot of times, he executes them perfectly - with a synergy between dribbling at speed and odd body shapes that are hard to read. Floated or on the ground, it does the trick and really throws defenders off balance - a great tool to have on the flank and the final third, in terms of individual skillset. When he and Martial develop greater chemistry, the combination of sudden left footed passes from the right into an onrushing Martial's path (on the inside left channel or in the box) could be an eminently threatening offensive weapon - a bit like Reus and Mkhitaryan at Dortmund.

Sylar

The best thing is that he uses both feet and is comfy with it. It just makes it harder to defend against him (and its better for our attacks or other players who are making a run knowing they will get the pass rather than having to wait for Mkhi to switch it to his stronger foot).

Really intelligent player.

Ban

I swear, he has a glue on his boots. Impossible to take the ball of him and his dribbles are sexy as hell.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
The times when we had Young and Valencia in the worst form ever as our wing options were very, very dark days

Now in contrast we have 2 world class wingers.

I really love miky, im not a scout guru or something, i got to know him only on his Dortmund days but when we announced his singing i was very very excited. Pace, technique, brains... What a player! Damn

Reactions: Sultan

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Last season Mkhi was better than KDB has ever shown through a season, so if he can replicate that form then yes.

He would be brilliant even without that pace, but that pace combined with his close control while running full pelt just makes him absolutely lethal.
Actually De Bruyne's 14/15 season for Wolfsburg was better IMO. He was the main reason for Wolfsburgs second place and he won the Pokal as well. Also stat-wise that season he was better than Mhkitaryan has ever been in the Bundesliga: 10 goals and 20 assists.

RedPnutz

Love the way he looks to thrust forwards every time he gets the ball. And the vision and angles for his passes are lovely. Not to mention his comfort with both feet. Pace, too.

We have a gem on our hands.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Superb acquisition. The guy oozes class. All Jose's buys last window have so far been brilliant. Shame he's having to untangle a lot of LvG's bad business.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not sure if he's better. But he has more tools in his locker. And works a lot harder.

mu4c_20le

Superb acquisition. The guy oozes class. All Jose's buys last window have so far been brilliant. Shame he's having to untangle a lot of LvG's bad business.
I'd say LVG was 50/50, after all it was his signing that returned to form and equalised for us yesterday. He only needs to untangle Depay and Morgan. Jose does however have a much bigger pull in the transfer market to get the names he wants.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Will he go down as Armenia's best ever player when he retires?
Mkhitaryan is already their GOAT:

Highest scorer of all time with 19 goals. Second highest is their manager, Artur Petrosyan - with 11.
Record winner of Armenian Player of the Year (7 from 2009 to 2016 - vs 3 for Sargis Hovsepyan).
Has played in major European Leagues for big clubs (United and Dortmund), while the likes of Petrosyan and Hovsepyan peaked in the Swiss or Russian leagues.

He's even Armenia's UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and 2012 'Man of the Year' - big feat for a footballer. Comparable to the likes of Cha Bum-kun for South Korea (culturally, and in terms of starting a trend), Nakata for Japan, or Ali Daei for Iran.

Ibi Dreams

He'll probably win Armenian Player of the Year every year until he retires as well

Dave46

Will he go down as Armenia's best ever player when he retires?
He will. He already passed Khoren Hovhanissyan as the most successful player in in 80 years of Armenian football.
The guy's future is bright. Several years in EPL, then MLS or China. Future head of federation or NT job. Coaching abroad or some administrative gig at UEFA. Not a gambling or partying type. He will keep his money safe:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Invictus

superdry

touched by a genius
He's so yesterday now other players are scoring scorpion kick goals.

C'est Moi Cantona

We all know Giroud only tried it because he was inspired by Miki, just shame for him it wasn't quite as good.

unimaginative_name

I hope Mkhitaryan proves my initial suspicion about his qualification as a United player totally fruitless.

He seems to have a Ronaldo type attitude to work hard, overcome the deficiencies and rise up to the challenge. When I saw him at Shakhter, he had great technical ability, but so poor finishing that I didn't bother at all when Dortmund signed him and Aubameyang in 2013. Then he surprised me by improving his finishing. Then when he joined United, I was not sure about his overall ability as a player to make a difference here.

He is starting to perform well now, I hope he manages to prove me wrong and become a top player here. If he does that, he will be an example to the players like Rooney who wasted the immense gift he had as a teenager. If you can't enjoy and enhance the skill which you have been gifted and one which unskilled people like us would die to have, then God knows what you want in life.

Last edited:
Reactions: sizzling sausages

Yagami

Good post resistant
Another start, another impressive showing. I thought he played well in every position he played. In attack he was great with his pressing and creating chances. When he moved into a sort of centre midfielder camping outside of their box, he was great at recycling the ball to maintain possession, pressing effectively, and still creating chances. And at LB, I had Evra flashbacks! Okay, I went OTT there, but he didn't put a foot wrong there either.

Dave46

I hope Mkhitaryan proves my initial suspicion about his qualification as a United player totally fruitless.

He seems to have a Ronaldo type attitude to work hard, overcome the deficiencies and rise up to the challenge. When I saw him at Shakhter, he had great technical ability, but so poor finishing that I didn't bother at all when Dortmund signed him and Aubameyang in 2013. Then he surprised me by improving his finishing. Then when he joined United, I was not sure about his overall ability as a player to make a difference here.

He is starting to perform well now, I hope he manages to prove me wrong and become a top player here. If he does that, he will be an example to the players like Rooney who wasted the immense gift they had as a teenager. If you can't enjoy and enhance the skill which you have been gifted and one which unskilled people like us would die to have, then God knows what you want in life.
Are you sure about that? He broke the Ukrainian goal scoring record in 12/13 season with 25 goals for a midfielder.

DanBorja

I though he had a pretty decent game.

That pass to Martial tho, it was pure sex.

West Ham 0:2 Man Utd

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He needs to be more involved in these kind of games. He usually shows in flashes but today he isn't showing much in flashes either.

Status
Not open for further replies.