Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
He had a shocker didn't he.

I'm his biggest admirer, but he just can't play against teams that sit back.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Didn't have any real influence in last 5 PL games, had some poor misses in the meantime, and subbed off early in 3 of them - escapes criticism whatsoever. Mata has one bad miss and zero starts and gets far more criticism in one game than Mkhi in all five. Martial played good whenever he started lately but is apparently not good enough to start regulary. Ibrahimovic is our best player this season but few average games are enough for people to start doubting him. Lingard got more criticism for that video than Mkhi received this season in total. Smalling's poor header that lead to throw is being criticised ffs, but not this guy, who was apparently one of our best players after 2 good games.

Redcafe darling in the making.

Dobbs

Think his problem is he wants to play quick fluid one twos with players, but we are so static as a side.
Agree with that, we throw players together who just don't mix.

However he still has to do better. I'm fed up of big names coming in, earning a fortune and not delivering.

Fracture90

Poor today, he was trying to be agile and link-up with rest of the team but his touch was bad.

Constant shuffling from position to position, game in game out isn't helping him either.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Makes nice runs and dribbles quite well. That's basically it. He's becoming our equivalent of Ozil. We rave about any little thing he does and his silky touch, yet a lot of the time he's actually not producing anything. I expected so much from him, thought after Spurs (H) he'd kick on. Instead he's just sort of settled at a middling level. Great he could do it against Championship opposition at the weekend (and even then he missed two easy chances before he scored), it'd be great if he could bury low end Premier League teams too.

Jaybomb

Clearly he's a talented player but he just doesn't suit us in my opinion.

I won't write him off completely cause he's had a few moments of magic but I'd rather we signed someone like Griezmann, Reus or Bale.

ti vu

This performance made me want to go with the cliche that he's not brave enough at times. Seems like to choose not to take responsibility when the opponent turn on heat (this game = harassing).

We definitely still needs that young Rooney, Ronaldo, in form Nani & Valencia the winger... who force thing when it gets tough. Trying to go around through the pocket of space doesn't always work.

Edit: just to clarify before someone turned this into another Martial debate, IMO Martial doesn't demand the ball/ get involved enough at times. He's good and positive with the ball, but off the ball, there is much to be desired from him. His involvement to me is like a central forward, but then his role is wide forward/ winger. IMO, the above players really get involved a lot and try to influence the flow of the game for good or for bad. Someone like Rashford & Lingard definitely looks to get involved more than Martial, but they have their own flaw as they're not wiz dribblers like Martial, which is natural ability that can't be learned. If only Martial's willing to learn (what is coachable like LVG put it) and improve, then we're good

Last edited:

PepsiCola

Has shown to be a very inconsistent player imho. In a more functioning attack it wouldn't go as noticed, but in a team struggling for goals it does. It's a shame as I felt he linked up well with Martial against Wigan - I'd have liked to see the two start together more.

Imho would benefit from a shift to 4231, wide of Mata with Martial on the left.

Donsangre

Clearly he's a talented player but he just doesn't suit us in my opinion.

I won't write him off completely cause he's had a few moments of magic but I'd rather we signed someone like Griezmann, Reus or Bale.
Reus breaks too much and clearly you cant compare his price tag with the ones Griezmann and Bale are coming with. You d be paying close to a 100m for any of this guys. Thats considering them to want to play for united. I doubt anyone want to play for such a static team. We need to play better. Pogba has to tbe better, Ibra has to be better, everyone. This was a critical game to win, we all know that. We have to move on and hope that we can do better next time.

I think Jose has to give Miki a little rest, he will play better after the rest.

Sylar

Not a great game at all. I do think however he needs somebody else quick around him (like Martial) to do the pace movement and counter attack.
But he was poor regardless. He kept running into crowded areas when he got the ball rather than into the space (or passing it).

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Didn't have any real influence in last 5 PL games, had some poor misses in the meantime, and subbed off early in 3 of them - escapes criticism whatsoever. Mata has one bad miss and zero starts and gets far more criticism in one game than Mkhi in all five. Martial played good whenever he started lately but is apparently not good enough to start regulary. Ibrahimovic is our best player this season but few average games are enough for people to start doubting him. Lingard got more criticism for that video than Mkhi received this season in total. Smalling's poor header that lead to throw is being criticised ffs, but not this guy, who was apparently one of our best players after 2 good games.

Redcafe darling in the making.
Mata did start the last game, but I get what you're saying and agree.

Mkhitaryans performance tonight was just outright unacceptable.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shit today. In games like today though, I think it would be good to have him play in center mid instead of Carrick, with Herrera holding. Gives us more pace and penetration in the middle, lets us use both Mata and Martial as the wingers, while Pogba can still be in a midfield 3. He didn't play well today but none of our attack did. Playing him in the middle would at least give us a lot more creativity and cutting edge in the future, as it also lets us play the others, and since he's a hard worker, then it would be fine from a defensive point too considering most teams park the bus at old trafford.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Keeps trying to receive the ball with his back to the defense rather than on the half turn, which is what players of his ilk are used to. Not sure if he is being a bit daft or if our other midfielders are not doing him justice.

Still an extremely poor performance at home after Jose talked him up so much as the reason why he is dropping Martial to the bench.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Dreadful performance. As bad as his game against City, only it was a crap team this time so he got away with it.

I said a few weeks ago that his form was fading again and here we are. Not good for us if this continues, we've got enough issues on the opposite side of the pitch.

Zoo

Danny Rose annoyingly seems to have knocked him out of his stride a bit.

Eddy_JukeZ

Been poor since his scorpion goal.

Honestly, he illustrates a problem we have. He is not a winger, but is played out wide(akin to Rashford). His instinct is to come central. Our shape becomes very narrow vs a packed defense. Valencia is usually the only outlet for width and with his poor delivery, it's very easy to defend us.

sashiko

Think his problem is he wants to play quick fluid one twos with players, but we are so static as a side.
not just he wants..I think he can't play otherwise..in fact the rest is not capable to cope with him, so the quality of the ball he gets is horrible and then we wait for miracles. It does not waor like that.

sashiko

Keeps trying to receive the ball with his back to the defense rather than on the half turn, which is what players of his ilk are used to. Not sure if he is being a bit daft or if our other midfielders are not doing him justice.

Still an extremely poor performance at home after Jose talked him up so much as the reason why he is dropping Martial to the bench.
I actually considered that speech very demotivating for Henrick. After all Mou more or less says he is still in doubt if Mickey is a main squad player. Very funny. Actually that is the reason he is being substituted very often

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
not just he wants..I think he can't play otherwise..in fact the rest is not capable to cope with him, so the quality of the ball he gets is horrible and then we wait for miracles. It does not waor like that.
It doesn't help when he can't pass 5 yards either. If we're talking about quality of balls yesterday, he was possibly the worst offender.

SidRed

What a poor performance, at his age he has no excuse for such inconsistency. Even Mata who has less quality than him is a much more reliable player. I am not really sure he has the right mentality for a big club.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Danny Rose annoyingly seems to have knocked him out of his stride a bit.
"A bit" is a bit of an understatement. The disruption to his magnificent form was always going to be worse for us than the few games he missed with that injury.

Hopefully he can rediscover his form, because we can't afford to carry yet another passenger.

quethenoo

He was really bad yesterday. He gets a pass this season as he has shown glimpses of what he can do, next season I expect to see some consistency. He seems to fluctuate between brilliant and abject, without a much of a middle ground. TBF, he's not the only one lacking consistency this year.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His form has really dipped after that great run. Maybe he needs to be dropped again to get a kick up the arse?

Sparky10Legend

I really did think we had an elite level player 4 weeks ago, sadly it appears we have a "streaky" player.

Not good, at all.

Donsangre

Im watching the Hull game first time on replay with cold heart. Finished the first half and honestly I disagree with you all guys. Miki wasnt that bad as yall say.

He simply didnt get the ball. One time he lost when the defender was behind (teammates usually help out in those situations, seems like no one yelled) and the second time he passed forward without looking. Rather he defended really well, had a couple of runs for nothing ( bad passes that did not get to him).

Rashford got the ball at every attack and f..cked up, the guy is too young.He just running without thinking about his next step.Hes got speed and talent , bot no class yet. Pogba didnt tie the defense with attack, he was basically nowhere in the first half. Bad passes and lost opportunities. Hull played zonal defense and was great against unimaginative Man Utd offensive. In this kind of game ure gonna have only one or two opportunities and guess what..

Last edited:

He's really gone off the boil.
The whole team has.

He is the only direct, fast, skillful player we have. No-one else in our attack moves with the purpose he does. He should still be starting every game.

Donsangre

He couldnt get a break in the second half, fecked up like 100 times back to back. Bad second 15minutes or whatever he played. Just didnt get the feeling of the game i guess

Leicester 0:3 Man Utd

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Was a bit worried with how "hard-man" wannabes the left side of Leicester have been towards him, Mata and even Valencia today. But man he didn't go missing. Fantastic! :)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Been good today, really needed that goal I think.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Is he playing centrally? I recalled in the beginning of the season, I made an argument that that was his best position to play at United, but many on here said stick him on the right. He looks good so far and has orchestrated many of our positive attacking play. I would swap Mata for lingard to give us more pace upfront.

Herrera
Pogba - Mhkitaryan
Lingard ----------------- Martial
Zlatan​

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think he's going to have an epic season next year.
I was thinking the same. He's one of those players. I'm not entirely sure what that sort of player is but you feel like once he settles he will be unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.