6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaibhav Raj

He is going to have to play a big role today against Chelsea. I just don't that spark in any of the other players on the pitch. Maybe Pogba, but he usually winds himself up in big/tough games.

sashiko

He is going to have to play a big role today against Chelsea. I just don't that spark in any of the other players on the pitch. Maybe Pogba, but he usually winds himself up in big/tough games.
yes..that's how it happens in the life. They train, work out ideas, plans, motivate each other..then comes one asshole and the whole work is ruined. I am sure Micky wanted to do his best this game even more then usual.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's had such an unlucky season. Thrown to the lions vs City and made the scapegoat afterwards. Returning after months in the wilderness to score the winner vs Spurs only to get injured and miss half the festive period. Risked from the start in a tie where we were 3-0 up, got injured again and missed the cup final. Sacrificed in a tough cup game where we desperately needed him on the counter. Really felt for him tonight.

No more nonsense please. We need him fit if we are to win the EL and/or finish top 4.

Vaibhav Raj

yes..that's how it happens in the life. They train, work out ideas, plans, motivate each other..then comes one asshole and the whole work is ruined. I am sure Micky wanted to do his best this game even more then usual.
I was baffled when I discovering Mourinho had substituted him. The way we were defending, I felt like if we made it through to the second half without conceding and then deploy the pressure absorbing, counter attack tactics in 2nd half with Mkhitaryan up front, he would have grabbed us a goal to hang on to or at least take the game to penalties. He always has it in him, the ability to go on a good solo run and grab a goal out of nowhere, so I felt confident.

Even though I saw Fellaini coming on, it wasn't until I read the match day thread on the caf that I realized Mkhi was the one to come off for Fellaini. I was too wound up with Herrera's red card to have paid attention to in-game substitution. All my hopes for a famous match where we brave an onslaught to emerge victorious at the end were dashed at that point. The misery was compounded when Rashford went one on one with the keeper and couldn't finish it. I always thought we will have one or two clear cut chances in 2nd half and when Rashford didn't get us on level terms, I couldn't help but think about all those times Mkhi has gone one on one with the keeper and cool-ly finished off his chance.

Adebesi

I agree, I was gutted he was the one to come off, felt like entirely the wrong decision. Unless Mourinho didnt think he was going to last that long in the game anyway, if he was worried about the injury.

From that moment it felt like we were holding on and it was just a matter of how badly we lost. I am actually impressed we kept it to one.

OldTrevil

I thought it was the correct decision to sacrifice him. Mourinho probably didn't want him to be the one running around up front the rest of the game after recently coming from a hamstring problem.

RedMaestro

I agree, I was gutted he was the one to come off, felt like entirely the wrong decision. Unless Mourinho didnt think he was going to last that long in the game anyway, if he was worried about the injury.

From that moment it felt like we were holding on and it was just a matter of how badly we lost. I am actually impressed we kept it to one.
I felt he did the right thing. Playing with 10 against 11 is very strenuous and Mourinho probably wanted to save him for the more important Rostov game. Mkhi already came back from a rest and probably also wasn't fully fit.

Dobbs

Needs to start running at players.

Him and Mata have covered more ground swapping sides than they have running forwards.

Devil may care

So-so from Mkhi tonight, had a couple of good moments but not as impactful as I'd hoped he'd be in this system.

Art

Art the artist
Whether or not he had a great game, he simply is our most important player. The only player who want's to keep moving forward with some purpose and intensity.

Eddy_JukeZ

If only he would work on his finishing...
He had some infuriating misses at Dortmund too.

That's why I was pretty surprised when he scored those goals vs Tottenham and Leicester. I have no confidence in him scoring a 1vs1(tbf, you could say that for our entire team).

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
So-so from Mkhi tonight, had a couple of good moments but not as impactful as I'd hoped he'd be in this system.
Again I totally agree with you DMC. I think we all want more from him given the flashes we've already seen.

Whether or not he had a great game, he simply is our most important player. The only player who want's to keep moving forward with some purpose and intensity.
Also agree with this statement ... and I think he will continue to become even more important as time goes on and at the risk of sounding like a scouse, I think next year we will see him move up a gear and on to another level!

Fracture90

He had some infuriating misses at Dortmund too.

That's why I was pretty surprised when he scored those goals vs Tottenham and Leicester. I have no confidence in him scoring a 1vs1(tbf, you could say that for our entire team).
Yes Ik. Actually after that great finish vs. Ttham i thought he worked on his finishing skills but nope.

Sylar

Hes important for us when were going on counter attacks. I like the fact that hes one of the few who can use both feet. Shame he didnt score (or hit the target) but we will need to use him with an important April coming up.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Also agree with this statement ... and I think he will continue to become even more important as time goes on and at the risk of sounding like a scouse, I think next year we will see him move up a gear and on to another level!
He has certainly shown enough already to be truly confident about that.

With summer upgrades improving the team, I suspect he will become genius like.

sashiko

Again his speed and brain only Mata follows..so many times he opens up , offers himself and nothing especially from defenders...Zlatan could also do but he prefers to be selfish often. If these all went to Micki in time his results would be much better . In the goa,l by the way, his role needs to be recognized as well.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Scored the winning goal against Kazakhstan (that defence :lol:)

edit: in better quality, credit to @horsechoker

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Manchester United player Henrikh Mkhitaryan reveals how he won over Jose Mourinho

Henrikh Mkhitaryan suffered a long exile under Jose Mourinho but the Man Utd playmaker has become a vital member of the team.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan insists he never doubted he would win over Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho during his lengthy exile.

The 28-year-old made just one substitute appearance over a two-and-a-half month period earlier in the season after a disastrous full debut in the September Manchester derby.

Mkhitaryan returned to the starting line-up in the November win over Feyenoord, when he was named man of the match, and the Armenia international soon established himself as a first-teamer.

The former Borussia Dortmund playmaker admitted during pre-season he relished 'difficulties' and overcame another to emerge as one of United's most influential forwards.

"Well, our life is worthless without difficulties," he said in an Armenian interview. "Every person must be able to handle difficulties, and the same concerns me.

"But it was not difficult for me to overcome these difficulties as I knew that sooner or later I would get my chance and I would use that.

"Yes, there are cases when a person faces much tougher problems, but he or she must be ready to face them. I just waited for my chance. I worked and I worked hard, waiting for my chance, got it and used that.

"I am not focusing on whether I am a key player for Manchester United or not, I am just trying to do my best to help the team and be part of the team."

Mkhitaryan scored in Armenia's World Cup qualifying win over Kazakhstan at the weekend and could return to the United line-up for Saturday's Premier League visit of West Brom.

Web of Bissaka

"Well, our life is worthless without difficulties," he said in an Armenian interview. "Every person must be able to handle difficulties, and the same concerns me.

"But it was not difficult for me to overcome these difficulties as I knew that sooner or later I would get my chance and I would use that.

"Yes, there are cases when a person faces much tougher problems, but he or she must be ready to face them. I just waited for my chance. I worked and I worked hard, waiting for my chance, got it and used that.

"I am not focusing on whether I am a key player for Manchester United or not, I am just trying to do my best to help the team and be part of the team."
Mkhi being philosophical?:cool:

top1whoisman

Scout
A huge chance for Micki, now that Mata’s out for a while. He’s been awesome in EL, but there’s definitely a chance, and room, to ”break through” domestically. He’s our only forward playmaker left, the rest are more runners and finishers.

MadMike

A huge chance for Micki, now that Mata’s out for a while. He’s been awesome in EL, but there’s definitely a chance, and room, to ”break through” domestically. He’s our only forward playmaker left, the rest are more runners and finishers.
Not sure about that, Mkhi had made the #10 role his own anyway with Mata coming off the right. Besides, he actually played really well with Mata, he the was the only other player on the same wavelength really.

top1whoisman

Scout
Not sure about that, Mkhi had made the #10 role his own anyway with Mata coming off the right. Besides, he actually played really well with Mata, he the was the only other player on the same wavelength really.
You can be a playmaker playing out wide as well. What I’m saying is that an ideal lineup for the rest of the season would have either Mata or Micki playing. Now that Mata might be out for the season, Micki has a lot of responsibility and there might not be that much room for rotation.

Mike09

I don't know what kind of huge chance that you meant by break through. Whether Mata is injured or no, Mkhytaryan is still one of our main Attacking mid. And also he had plenty of times playing ahead of Mata and also playing ahead of him as a playmaker.

top1whoisman

Scout
I don't know what kind of huge chance that you meant by break through. Whether Mata is injured or no, Mkhytaryan is still one of our main Attacking mid. And also he had plenty of times playing ahead of Mata and also playing ahead of him as a playmaker.
Well I meant that he'll now probably play more or less every game, since I don't think we'll play with Lingard-Rashford-Martial (or Zlatan after today) that much.

the hea

Very poor half from him. Needs to step it up in the second half, he's the most experienced player in our attack today and needs to start showing that.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is easily the biggest disappointment this year from all the signings, and my expectations for him weren't even that high. He is 29 and should be trusted enough to lead this side today, and he is invisible and probably the worst of the bunch. And it's not the first time. How he escapes any criticism every time while the same players are criticised is beyond me.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
His close control and composure have been awol today.

JoaquinJoaquin

He is easily the biggest disappointment this year from all the signings, and my expectations for him weren't even that high. He is 29 and should be trusted enough to lead this side today, and he is invisible and probably the worst of the bunch. And it's not the first time. How he escapes any criticism every time while the same players are criticised is beyond me.
Strange post. You could count on one hand the bad games he has had this season. He has had alot of bad luck with injury and the strange situation of being frozen out at the start of the season but apart from that he has been good in his first season. Times like today none of our attackers have performed and that is happening far too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.