6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donsangre

It's not just one game for me though. I think there have been three or four games where he's looked like he's good enough to be a mainstay in our attack, the rest of the season he's ranged from poor to tidy in possession without really excelling.
you guys change your minds every week. Lets see him against everton, then we will talk

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I don't think anybody is doubting the lads quality. It's plain to see that he's a bloody good player.

The problem with him is consistency.

sashiko

I don't think anybody is doubting the lads quality. It's plain to see that he's a bloody good player.

The problem with him is consistency.
is consistency his problem really if he doesn't know where he is going to play every next game and with whom? Not really. There is no squad yet.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
So thoughts on the managers way of dealing with miki?

Looking at his 1st season you have to put him in a list of transfer flops. Barely was played in the 1st half had a great spell of a few games in Dec/Jan but then has been quite poor mostly and in and out of the team.

He was awful on Saturday, but I'm not sure it's right singling him out in interviews and dropping him. I'm not sure the managers handling of him has helped the player at all really

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff

Looking at his 1st season you have to put him in a list of transfer flops. Barely was played in the 1st half had a great spell of a few games in Dec/Jan but then has been quite poor mostly and in and out of the team.

He was awful on Saturday, but I'm not sure it's right singling him out in interviews and dropping him. I'm not sure the managers handling of him has helped the player at all really
Yeah, don't agree with it either. Wasn't like he wasn't trying, just had a poor game.

Dobbs

If there was some evidence this way of handling Mkhi was working then I'd say carry on. Unfortunately there isn't.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I hate this shite from Mourinho. There's just no need to constantly criticise players. Fair enough he was dropped for playing shite but don't fecking openly say it.

Man Utd 1:1 Everton

sashiko

Poor Mickey having to listen to this public shit from Mou and being a scapegoat again.
This cards shuffling is so impotent...Mou simply doesn't know what to do, just hoping someone will save his ass

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
His best games have been as a second half sub.

Bwuk

In the same situation as Martial.

Both are clearly our best wide options, and should start every week.

I'm fed up watching inferior players play ahead of our better players. How are players meant to find rhythm and form.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I shall quote myself from the post match thread.
Very disappointing.

...Miki, needs to make impact. In our last game, Miki was our only senior attacker and he did nothing. In this game when he came on, he did nothing.

NinjaFletch

Thought he bought energy when he came on but feck all quality.

Don't think he's consistently played well since that burst of games when he came in with a point to prove.

JeffBoomTetris

So so this game. But he was asked to do Carrick's work with Herrera at right back :confused:. Now, how does that work? He does his job near the box. Yet he tried a few good passes from deep and linked well with Shaw

Litch

He's absolute quality who has proven that this season. His biggest problem is just as he's finding some form, he's got injured.....

Utdstar01

Should've been playing further up but couldn't because of the toilet brush.

Dave46

So why Mou did not start him? Ibra and Herrera were back, but he chose Young, Liingard, Fellaini. And then he comes in for the last 30 minutes in a deeper role and he gets blamed for the result.

Last edited:

JoaquinJoaquin

He was brought on and played just in front of the defence. Very strange. Don't understand the criticism of him tonight.

Sylar

Given our tactics were to play more direct in the second half, he dropped deeper. We need him around the oppositions box unless we are about to hit on the counter :)

Dinghy

Would have been better off staying on the bench with the tactic that was being used in the second half.

Devil may care

He hit that one nice crossfield pass when he first came on and then disappeared, he was practially in the midfield 2 as the half went on because Jose had fecking moppy and Ibra up front together playing dinoball.

Litch

Mikki is quality, Mata is quality. True footballers that wouldn't look out of place in a Real, Barca or Bayern shirt as technically they that good imo. Both suffer from the same issue, where best to play them and sticking to it. For me both are number 10's. Watch the summer, we'll buy another 10 and then struggle alone side those plus Pogba or even Ibra at times who drops into that position if where to play them...

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think he had about 3 good games, total for us. If this is how he ends the season, Miki has to consider this as a failed season and will be lucky to survive the Summer cull.
No he won't. He won't be sold after one season when his quality is there to see and specially when he wants to stay and prove himself.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If he was playing for Liverpool he'd be killing it right now. He needs a free flowing football side to get the best out of him .. in such a static negative team and with a manager like Jose on his back, is it any wonder he has been so inconsistent when he's already a notoriously flakey footballer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If he was playing for Liverpool he'd be killing it right now. He needs a free flowing football side to get the best out of him .. in such a static negative team and with a manager like Jose on his back, is it any wonder he has been so inconsistent when he's already a notoriously flakey footballer.
He didn't play that well for Klopp at Dortmund.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He didn't play that well for Klopp at Dortmund.
Yep I know but he is a more mature footballer now than what he was at Dortmund. Regardless I still think he'd do well in a more free flowing attacking set up.

roonster09

Scout
Yep I know but he is a more mature footballer now than what he was at Dortmund. Regardless I still think he'd do well in a more free flowing attacking set up.
Yeah I agree with the last bit. Also we are not a static negative team. We are among the top 2-3 in most attacking stats except conversion rate.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yeah I agree with the last bit. Also we are not a static negative team. We are among the top 2-3 in most attacking stats except conversion rate.
We are creating chances yes but our football is very predictable. The way we move the ball is very cumbersome in comparison to our rivals and positions are not interchangeable.

It's miles better than under LVG but still a distance between best European and top 4 English sides attacking style and Uniteds imo.

roonster09

Scout
We are creating chances yes but our football is very predictable. The way we move the ball is very cumbersome in comparison to our rivals and positions are not interchangeable.

It's miles better than under LVG but still a distance between best European and top 4 English sides attacking style and Uniteds imo.
Different styles. Tbh you are very critical about positions. Our players change the positions regularly. When Mata, Mkhitaryan plays then always end up in all attacking positions, same with Lingard. Martial is very static though.

Our biggest issue is our players don't have anticipation skill at all. Ball should fall at their feet to even move. For example, Lingard played superb cross across the goal and none of the players took the risk and made the run. This has been the problem since Moyes time. With SAF in charge we always had players making those runs to near post and far post. Now our players (usually striker) stand in the middle of the box and tries to win the battle.

We are doing good job till we get to the box and then our player forget to make runs or lose their composure.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Different styles. Tbh you are very critical about positions. Our players change the positions regularly. When Mata, Mkhitaryan plays then always end up in all attacking positions, same with Lingard. Martial is very static though.

Our biggest issue is our players don't have anticipation skill at all. Ball should fall at their feet to even move. For example, Lingard played superb cross across the goal and none of the players took the risk and made the run. This has been the problem since Moyes time. With SAF in charge we always had players making those runs to near post and far post. Now our players (usually striker) stand in the middle of the box and tries to win the battle.

We are doing good job till we get to the box and then our player forget to make runs or lose their composure.
The only interchanging I see is say when Mata drifts into central areas and likewise if Lingard or Mkhi play there, they do the same thing in order to allow Valencia to bomb forward.

The left side is very static. Zlatan is also very static in general so there isn't much movement in behind or in and around the box. It's hit it into the target man and feed off his wall pass type stuff. Completely different to how Real would use a Benzema or Barca utilise a Suarez.

Also these type of movements are very predictable and mechanical.. none of it comes close to the fast paced movement off the ball you see at Liverpool or City.

Chelsea are more predictable in their movement but have superior individual quality but when they do get bogged down.. Conte let's them off the leash more whereas Joses subs have been dire and we end up lumping it into the box.

roonster09

Scout
The only interchanging I see is say when Mata drifts into central areas and likewise if Lingard or Mkhi play there, they do the same thing in order to allow Valencia to bomb forward.

The left side is very static. Zlatan is also very static in general so there isn't much movement in behind or in and around the box. It's hit it into the target man and feed off his wall pass type stuff. Completely different to how Real would use a Benzema or Barca utilise a Suarez.

Also these type of movements are very predictable and mechanical.. none of it comes close to the fast paced movement off the ball you see at Liverpool or City.

Chelsea are more predictable in their movement but have superior individual quality but when they do get bogged down.. Conte let's them off the leash more whereas Joses subs have been dire and we end up lumping it into the box.
I agree with the player movement part, looks like we have lot of lazy players who won't make runs to help the team or we have dumb players.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He's absolute quality who has proven that this season. His biggest problem is just as he's finding some form, he's got injured.....
He proved it last season, for another team.
But this season, he has proved capable of scoring 3 goals, though of course it doesn't help that he hasn't played many games. I still expected far more from him.
In the last game in particular, he was our only senior attacker and he should've been running the attacks, like a puppet-master, using Rashford and Martial has his puppets. Yet this did not transpire.
I am massively disappointed and based on what he has done this season, he is certainly not a player you can rely on.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He proved it last season, for another team.
But this season, he has proved capable of scoring 3 goals, though of course it doesn't help that he hasn't played many games. I still expected far more from him.
In the last game in particular, he was our only senior attacker and he should've been running the attacks, like a puppet-master, using Rashford and Martial has his puppets. Yet this did not transpire.
I am massively disappointed and based on what he has done this season, he is certainly not a player you can rely on.
This pretty much sums up my feelings perfectly.

the hea

Looks off once again. He had some bright moments after Mourinho started playing him back in November but all in all his time at United has been a big disappointment so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.