6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeInTheSky

If you look at the season as a whole I think Lingard has been better. Mkhitaryan's best form has been in Europe against weak sides. In the PL he is virtually ineffective against sides that sit in. I actually think he would have been better last week if he had started against Everton as they played a bit and gave us some space.
I think a few more consecutive games. Dare I say he is a "rhythm" player

NinjaFletch

I think it's mentality/personality. He seems brutally passive/timid at times.
Yeah, I think for Mhki it's probably that (it's actually that reason I wasn't hugely keen on his signing in the first place), I just don't think he's the sort of person who will take the game by the scruff of the neck and singly handedly control it.

That's a bad thing, but with the right players around him it needn't matter too much. If we can get in a position where someone else is the primary playmaker and Mhki is responsible for flittering around providing little pieces of quality like that goal I think that would work quite nicely.

If you look at the season as a whole I think Lingard has been better. Mkhitaryan's best form has been in Europe against weak sides. In the PL he is virtually ineffective against sides that sit in. I actually think he would have been better last week if he had started against Everton as they played a bit and gave us some space.
I think he's got more ability but doesn't have the personality to go with it. I don't know if I agree Lingard's had a better season, but it's close, and the fact it is close is a pretty damning indictment on Mhkitaryan.

JeffBoomTetris

Positioning needs work. He is all over the place and it's not a compliment. Also the ball doesn't stick to his feet and find a teammate, does it? There was a moment when Romero sends an excellent pass up the top in acres of empty space and he just loses the ball. Mkhi needs a much better 2nd half
Good. Now hope he gets a better game in the 2nd half

3KDré

It seems like Mourinho motivated the whole team at half time.

He may be inconsistent but that doesn't matter for me right now. He's a class player and we're going to see a lot of his good qualities in the next few years.

Dave46

There is a busy April schedule, important games ahead. Maybe he and others were instructed to take it easy a bit after 2 goals.

Walters_19_MuFc

His goal was excellent. Very well taken finish. Did want to see him a bit more involved in the game, though. As long as he's contributing in goals and assists; however, that should keep Jose happy.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
There is a busy April schedule, important games ahead. Maybe he and others were instructed to take it easy a bit after 2 goals.
After the goals? He took it easy for the majority of the game.

In all seriousness he's had a poor season really. I think people are willing to give him a pass most of the time because they think he's always capable of doing something, but its been very few and far between. Apart from maybe 3 games his performances haven't been upto the standard of a Manchester United attacker in their peak years.

Dave46

After the goals? He took it easy for the majority of the game.

In all seriousness he's had a poor season really. I think people are willing to give him a pass most of the time because they think he's always capable of doing something, but its been very few and far between. Apart from maybe 3 games his performances haven't been upto the standard of a Manchester United attacker in their peak years.
In the last 23 games, he scored 8 goals and 3 assists. Considering that Mou did not really play him till November, it's far from being poor.

Dave46

I want to some stats on Lingard, Martial, Mata and Rashford for their last 23 games.

Donsangre

What is wrong with you people? We won, Miki scored and all u do is criticise.
It was a boring stupid game and everyone was walking. Considering the the tight schedule im ok with that. We also won 3-0 damned. When was the last time we won 3-0? I was reading Martials forum and everyone was saying Mikhi was great. It appears the people stop by this page to say something stupid and others pick up on that. Cmon be happy for once.

Acole9

Outstanding
Quality finish for the goal, good decision to take him off ready for Thursday night. He is going to be important for us in the run in especially with Mata likely to be out.

Womp

idiot
Watching him is so frustrating, given his ability it looks like he's always got another gear or two in him, yet he doesn't impact the game nearly as much as he can.

dcullivanio

He's been erratic this half, but then pops up with the cool finish. That's all that matters!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Stunk up the place in all honesty but a class finish, doing what Lingard should have done with arguably a easier chance

binary bot
Can be frustrating at times with easy passes but he's clearly very dangerous. One of those players you just need to trust to do something good when he's playing badly.

Dave46

He will be always a goal threat even if he has say 3/4 of an average game. He will pop up somewhere or connect somebody.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Just like against Rostov, found himself a good spot in the box and scored another important EL away goal.

lopiop

Seems to have concentration issues cause he keeps giving the ball away in tight areas, which should be his strengths. Very frustrating.

Djemba-Djemba

Not a great first half but he did brilliant for the goal. Made a tricky chance look easy.

Lovely knack he's got of scoring away goals in Europe.

3KDré

You can see he is a quality player because he scores even when he's not playing well. We're yet to see the best of him and Pogba, Martial and Rashford and I think next seasons should showcase some fantastic plays between them and Ibra.

wc18

Frustrating player to watch sometimes, gave the ball away far too much.
Nice reaction for the goal though

Status
Not open for further replies.