6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

Just play him in away Europe games. He is on a roll. He is like Pogba in that he won't be excellent for the whole match but will be a threat. People have mentioned that he has had little impact but he is nearly in double figures for goals despite becoming a starter in November and making only 12 premier league starts this season, which is nothing considering we have started and finished 31 matches this season. He can hit 15 + goals from wide if he starts enough games. My issue is he should dribble past people more but I guess he is no Hazard

Duafc

Village Lemon
Goal doesn't mask an extremely poor performance.

Was very exicited to see him at 10 with Rashford and Lingard around him. He was dire.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was poor but his finish is why he has to play, one of the few top class attacking players we have

Acole9

Outstanding
Good finish for the goal, shouldn't have changed his boots at half time.

Devil may care

Struggled with his touch in the first half but got an important goal and I thought he was better in the second half.

MadMike

Just... very inconsistent. He played a couple of great balls and had a couple of really nice touches but then also had a lot of bad controls and quite a few easy passes that he misplaced. It's a bit weird for a man of his experience, age and ability.

The most frustrating thing today was how him and Ibra constantly seemed to read each other's movement wrongly. A lot misplaced passes between the two, as if they were playing for the first time.

Regardless, he still looks the most likely from our forwards to score when he plays. Even on a bad day. So he should still be starting.

AndyJ1985

He's a good player with a lot to offer, but struggles with our lacklustre attack as anyone would. If our players didn't play like a group of strangers we'd see a lot more from Mkhitaryan.

Sylar

I think his best games come when he has somebody on par with him like Mata.

Fantastic finish, he made it look so easy. Could be a huge important goal for us to get into the semi final. (Hopefully)

bucky

Don't think he was happy with his performance either. He almost looked annoyed when he scored.

Devil81

He scores goals but he's underwhelmed me this season, I thought he'd be completely running games with his creation.

Kag

He's a good player with a lot to offer, but struggles with our lacklustre attack as anyone would. If our players didn't play like a group of strangers we'd see a lot more from Mkhitaryan.
Generally, I think this applies to the majority of our players. Put them into another performing, cohesive side and they'd fit it quite nicely. It's very frustrating.

MadMike

Generally, I think this applies to the majority of our players. Put them into another performing, cohesive side and they'd fit it quite nicely. It's very frustrating.
We have 7 forwards in this team. Of these only Ibra and mayyybe Mata have shown any consistency. And I don't know wtf we do in training but, on the pitch , most of our forwards look like they just met each other. There is 0 cohesion. It's becoming hard to blame individual players and not say that something else is fundamentally wrong instead. Martial, Mkhi, Rashford, Rooney all having very bad seasons. Lingard never had a good one anyway so I left him out.

Dave46

We have 7 forwards in this team. Of these only Ibra and mayyybe Mata have shown any consistency. And I don't know wtf we do in training but, on the pitch , most of our forwards look like they just met each other. There is 0 cohesion. It's becoming hard to blame individual players and not say that something else is fundamentally wrong instead. Martial, Mkhi, Rashford, Rooney all having very bad seasons. Lingard never had a good one anyway so I left him out.
Miki and Rashford are not having a very bad season. Lingard is not bad at certain games either.

stepic

he's still our second best attacker after Zlatan. which probably explains why we don't score enough.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Scored but weak and poor in his general play. I get the feeling Jose might be a step down from Tuchel in coaching forwards, but Mkhitaryan should be doing more in any case.

sashiko

did quite some scope of work...people here count the number of passes he gave away)) Did you expect him to take the ball and rush thru even if it doesn't make sense? But for feck sake how obvious that they don't understand what he needs, again an again he runs up in a hope to get a quick ball and then watches frustrated the pass going somewhere else.

Coops73

Despite the goal he seems to have gone off the boil a bit, it's almost as if the attack is too slow for him.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He scores goals but he's underwhelmed me this season, I thought he'd be completely running games with his creation.
Me too. He's just so inconsistent. Not a player that you can build a team round.

el3mel

He losses the ball a lot . His control on the ball is just very bad compared to any number 10 so he's an easy victim to any team pressing him.This has been his problem for months now.

But his overall productivity is very good . It's not a bad first season for him at all considering he spent most of the first half of the season absent.

I think he'll improve more next season.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He was a strange buy from the beginning. Mentally fragile is not a good trait for Mourinho I guess, on top of that he always was inconsistent and only had one top season being the teacher's pet in a very fluid and attacking team.

togg

He's not had a great season with us so far if we're being honest. Had issues at the beginning, came back, played pretty well for a short while but has no real consistency. I did expect more from him, but it's his first season with us and I'm hoping he'll be more settled next season.

The thing is, it isn't easy playing for United as all the old guard keep saying. Some settle faster than others and produce the goods, others take more time and others beyond that never make it at the club, regardless of their previous reputation. Hopefully he won't be one of those since there is no doubting his ability or talent.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
You're all crazy. He's a quality player.
If that's the case he needs to demonstrate it on a more regular basis. 1 really good game in every 4 or 5 isn't good enough.

It took him a year to settle at Dortmund, before his incredible 2nd season. Hopefully he'll follow that trend here.

Carl

I think Mata is better.

I think if you put Mata in the proper 10 position and build around him, we'd be about 3rd in the table.
Agree. However, if you're gunna do this then you need a proper holding midfield player, and we haven't got one.

Carl

We've had enough chances to buy one though - since Mata's arrival I mean.

We've had 5 transfer windows since signing Mata to get this sorted...
I'll bet you my left bollock that we'll sort it this summer. Don't think a proper destroyer was ever LVG's style.

Carl

No need to do that, mate!

But yeah, I think this transfer window will be less flashy, but more effective than we've recently had.
Don't know why we've not tried Timbo there personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.