6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pscholes18

Let's not forget where he came from...Dortmund who have a good flowing attacking side....To this stagnant shite....I think it's affecting him.

Dave46

If that's the case he needs to demonstrate it on a more regular basis. 1 really good game in every 4 or 5 isn't good enough.

It took him a year to settle at Dortmund, before his incredible 2nd season. Hopefully he'll follow that trend here.
That makes me think that you haven't seen him at Dortmund at all:)

Dave46

I think Miki has a difficulty playing along with Lingard. Also, he does not get enough support from Pogba, fullbacks and even Ibra. Add to that, Mou's negative game plan approach at times. In Dortmund, he had a greater understanding with Reus, Schmelzer, Ginter and LP. Gundogan and Hummels provided a lot of quality balls to him and Auba was not as selfish and slow as Ibra. Miki struggled against tight defenses too and Kagawa was brought in to play 10.

MadMike

Agree. However, if you're gunna do this then you need a proper holding midfield player, and we haven't got one.
We've had enough chances to buy one though - since Mata's arrival I mean.

We've had 5 transfer windows since signing Mata to get this sorted...
I'll bet you my left bollock that we'll sort it this summer. Don't think a proper destroyer was ever LVG's style.
I like how you agree with each other, but I'd like to remind you of a fella called Schneiderlin. LVG very much wanted, and got, a destroyer.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I like how you agree with each other, but I'd like to remind you of a fella called Schneiderlin. LVG very much wanted, and got, a destroyer.
Schneiderlin isn't a destroyer, he's more box to box. In fact, he needs a destroyer next to him to thrive. Wanyama was his destroyer at Southampton and Gueye is his destroyer at Everton.

Not saying he isn't defensively minded, because he is, but he ain't no destroyer.

sashiko

He's not had a great season with us so far if we're being honest. Had issues at the beginning, came back, played pretty well for a short while but has no real consistency. I did expect more from him, but it's his first season with us and I'm hoping he'll be more settled next season.

The thing is, it isn't easy playing for United as all the old guard keep saying. Some settle faster than others and produce the goods, others take more time and others beyond that never make it at the club, regardless of their previous reputation. Hopefully he won't be one of those since there is no doubting his ability or talent.
in his case, in the present setup, it means to start playng worse then he can and that is what is happening. You can read in his sad face he is struggling to cope with this level

Man Utd 2:1 Anderlecht

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Once Rashford made his pass (after what felt like an eternity), it was never in doubt. Inevitable goal. This lad loves the Europa League.

el3mel

10 goals and 5 assists even though he started the season very late.

This guy's productivity is something else.

dirkey

Think he's been pretty poor first half bar the goal, wasteful on a few occasions.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A player whose reputation seems bigger than his performances.

shabz

A few times he has been greedy or hesitant when a quick pass would have been a better option.

Special_One

10 goals and 5 assists after five months of regular football and he still hasn't consistently hit top form, the man is scary.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
At least he is scoring more frequently lately. That was a good finish.

VanGaalyTime

Mata, Ibra, Mkhi... so many players who tend to play poorly and yet score to make people forget about it.

finneh

I don't think he has the mentality to ever be a key player for us.
Absolutely. Although to be honest this was obvious before we signed him.

If your confidence and performances are shaky and inconsistent for Dortmund you stand no chance at most top clubs.

drdoityourself

The negativity in this thread, towards a guy who is a constant goal threat, is quite surprising to me.

sashiko

oh Lord...Zlatan is not present, i.e. MU plays without any attack at all, defending is on the Sunday league level so that every Anderlech attempt is a problem, nobody knows what the heck the coach was doing all the time and....bingo Micky playing poor )) What a funny world.

Don't you guys see MU is currently the same level as Belgians. Micky is used to play at a different level of speed and intellect. How on the earth it is him playing poor comparing to the rest???)))

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I seriously cannot remember single good thing that he has done apart from the goal. I am also pretty sure Kagawa would outmuscle him easily.

JoaquinJoaquin

His speed and acceleration is amazing! Still a bit raw at times but he's going to be excellent next season.
Agree. He is known as a bit of a slow starter in his first season at new teams so can't wait to see what he can do next season. I think he has been OK tonight for what it's worth. Some nice creative moments and has always looked to unlock the defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.