6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

Personally, I don't mind him trying some dribbles and losing the ball. And the same applies to Martial and Rashers. If the dribble works he's basically carved a good chance for the team.

He needs a bit of a better first touch though and to be more alert defensively. Martial has done brilliantly to help defend the left flank. Mkhi has switched off couple of times, on top of missing a golden chance.

3KDré

What do you expect? He has been surrounded by like 3 players every time he has the ball with minimal support and supply from our midfielders?

lysglimt

Scout
Its not been easy for him in fairness.
His problem is that when he is good, he is very good. But when he is bad...he might just as well leave the pitch. And that is the kind of players that don't win you the league. He must improve when he has a bad day, or at least make sure those days are rear.

Now they happen too often

NinjaFletch

Anyone else notice this odd thing he does where he picks the ball up off the right runs inside and then turns around as if he wishes to pass to the right winger which is of course the position he has just vacated.

Vanya

If he lets kolarov run off him one more time Mourino should take him off. thats a big weak spot for us and also lead to a goal in the reverse fixture. I hope mourino gets that message across to him.

sashiko

What do you expect? He has been surrounded by like 3 players every time he has the ball with minimal support and supply from our midfielders?
it's not even that... he is running around without the ball. If that is how the club sees his role, it's not too bad for his health at least. But it feels probably terrible for him, I am sure. MU is playing something very far from his game.

finneh

Was cynical when we signed him and apart from around a month in the middle of the season he hasn't dispelled that cynicism at all.

Players like him often end up at the likes of West Ham or Stoke. Moments of magic but not worth often playing with 10 men for the privilege.

Hope he pushes through his mental fragility and really contributes next season.

madRedDevil07

His problem is that when he is good, he is very good. But when he is bad...he might just as well leave the pitch. And that is the kind of players that don't win you the league. He must improve when he has a bad day, or at least make sure those days are rear.

Now they happen too often
Our attackers are not getting the ball early and when they are getting it , they are surrounded by 3- 4 city players. He has lost ball couple of times but he is not getting space to operate. It is so clumsy in the middle.

ariel

In my opinion had a terrible half.
Seems to keep making the wrong decisions, rash clearances in defence and is too soft when trying to tackle/being tackled.

binary bot
Find it difficult to criticise any of the front 3 in the first half. All isolated and forced to play 1 vs 2/3 at times. Work ethic is there from all three. All will come down to whether one of them can take the opportunity that they get.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pretty sure I've heard that few times when we were playing teams that are defending against us too.
That was meant more at a playful joke on how poor his Manchester derby games have been -- not really a defence for his performance.

Varun

Staff
He's wasted in a big game where we need him more than ever?
He's wasted in a game where we aren't pushing forward enough to give our front men support. He's getting the ball surrounded by City players with no support. If we intend to stay this deep, it's better to get Lingard on, he has the pace.

lsd

The Oracle
He doesn't look a big game player .I think i read somewhere it was the same for him in Germany too

madRedDevil07

He is not being given the ball. That is not his fault.

But when he does get it in counterattacking phases, runs into 3 players and wastes an attack. That's his fault
He is getting surrounded by 2-3 players and he does not have forward players to pass to except Rashford in attacking areas. The way we and City are set up today , this is very difficult to excel as an attacking midfielder. We are sitting back and only attacking with 1-2 players through the wings.

JeffBoomTetris

He is getting surrounded by 2-3 players and he does not have forward players to pass to except Rashford in attacking areas. The way we and City are set up today , this is very difficult to excel as an attacking midfielder. We are sitting back and only attacking with 1-2 players through the wings.
He isn't surrounded because there are City players in his immediate vicinity. But because he is playing slowly and making really poor decisions allowing those City players to come and nick the ball off him

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
His first touch annoys me for a supposed technician and his passing

NinjaFletch

For someone so apparently intelligent you'd think after the first time he'd given the ball away dribbling into players and losing the ball that he might learn his lesson.

sashiko

don't understand the point of torturing him with such a game plan. He is not a destroyer, he is a creator. Or did Mou think he would still do a magic against all odds? It doesn't work like this, man.

3KDré

I don't think any wingers could have excelled in today's type of game to be honest.

drdoityourself

He didn't play well at all. But he is a positive player in nature, he always tried to get the ball going forward but with no options he just seemed to run until he lost possession.

NinjaFletch

don't understand the point of torturing him with such a game plan. He is not a destroyer, he is a creator. Or did Mou think he would still do a magic against all odds? It doesn't work like this, man.
Tbh, I have no idea what he's supposed to be based on what we've seen from him so far.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Said it in the match thread, this is not his type of game. He's a great counter attack player who need to get a lot of help from creative players.

This was not his type of match. Defenders had him figured out and he couldn't catch a break. He should have come on as a sub today. Young to start and then Mhiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.