6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

Frustrating how he just can't seem to get going. All the talent in the world but has too many games where he is anonymous.

Brophs

The One and Only
At the moment he looks the epitome of a player who'll drift to the fringes of the side as Mourinho gets the players he wants. He doesn't do enough. Lovely player, but based on this season alone, you just can't trust him week in week out. The highs are high, but there are too many 4/10 performances. Hopefully his second season is more consistent.

NinjaFletch

That is just impossible, unless he was on ridiculous amounts of steroids. He wouldn't even look like that, he'd be a beast.
Aye, was exaggerating. I googled it and he is actually reported to have put on 6 lbs of muscle between joining us and December. God knows where he put that though.

clarkydaz

At the moment he looks the epitome of a player who'll drift to the fringes of the side as Mourinho gets the players he wants. He doesn't do enough. Lovely player, but based on this season alone, you just can't trust him week in week out. The highs are high, but there are too many 4/10 performances. Hopefully his second season is more consistent.
makes you wonder why he signed him then

Dyslexic Untied

Kagawa v. 2.0 at the moment. Not an easy game, but he seemed to keep losing/being forced off the ball in dangerous areas. Has to protect it better or pass it faster.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Kagawa v. 2.0 at the moment. Not an easy game, but he seemed to keep losing/being forced off the ball in dangerous areas. Has to protect it better or pass it faster.
Interesting and potentially apt description. Moments of brilliance mixed in with plenty of anonymity.

He needs to go on the Ronaldo beef up program to ensure he can bulldoze opportunities in a similar way to Brazilian Ronaldo!

Minimalist

He wasn't really up for the fight was he? Gave it away too often under pressure and really struggled.

RC89

He strikes me as completely spineless. That probably comes across a little harsh but it's clear to see he has so much talent but its only every now and then that he decides to try and show it. Nani for example although frustrating at times, it was his inconsistency. He'd try one too many dribbles or he'd hold the ball too long. Mkhitaryan however let's games go by without you ever realise he was playing at times. Fantastic ability but needs to be stronger mentally.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He's showing the same issues i criticised him for earlier in the season when everybody jumped to his defence. He's useless when put under pressure and only seems to thrive when given a lot of room to run into, which isn't something He will be afforded a lot over here. He really needs to do better or he will not last long here.

Lingard has flown past him in the pecking order for me.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Maybe we should go easy as it is his first season in England. Double-figures on goals is still impressive.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Played poorly but he's playing in the areas where you'd not expect him to excel.

Trizy

What the hell has happened this dude? He was the player I was most excited by in the whole league during the summer window. I was expecting Kaka but instead I got Lingard.

acnumber9

He's showing the same issues i criticised him for earlier in the season when everybody jumped to his defence. He's useless when put under pressure and only seems to thrive when given a lot of room to run into, which isn't something He will be afforded a lot over here. He really needs to do better or he will not last long here.

Lingard has flown past him in the pecking order for me.
Yeah he can't play without space which is why he's notching up the numbers in the Europa League. He's very good when he's good but he's been a passenger too often.

Cloud7

He's been good in Europa league, but he hasn't half been useless in the PL, particularly in the big games, spurs aside. That being said, he also took a season to get adjusted at Dortmund, and we've seen how good he can be, so i'm willing to wait for the improvement. He's definitely the man for the Europa league though.

Blind

Never looked up for it tonight but he was asked to run around up front with no service for most of the match so it's not really a concern. He needs to play behind Rashford, not drift around him and be the furthest forward at times.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yeah he can't play without space which is why he's notching up the numbers in the Europa League. He's very good when he's good but he's been a passenger too often.
Are you being serious? Europa League is crap and he gets most space in those games. Even then he's scored whilst being rubbish in a few games. I'm still on 3 games for the season where i think he's looked anything like top quality, and they were so long ago i can't even remember who they were against.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Thought he was the worst player in our team against City. Did nothing all game except lose the ball cheaply every time he got it. He was supposed to be our main creative spark in this line-up, but failed to cope with City's pressing game and that's putting it mildly.

However, I still think he's done alright this season. He's been far from perfect or irreplaceable, but has still managed to score crucial goals both in Europe and in the league.

We can all agree we expect much more from him and hopefully he'll get rid of this inconsistency next season.

rocks13

Seemed very reminiscent of his performance in the home game against City before Jose's management reinvented him as a footballer.

shabz

Hope he gets in the gym during the summer and gets a complete regime in for the pre-season. Just couldn't cope with the physicality tonight and it has been his downfall this season. Maybe he is not suited to play out wide and needs to be more central, but even when he did have time on the ball he was making bizarre decisions.

acnumber9

Are you being serious? Europa League is crap and he gets most space in those games. Even then he's scored whilst being rubbish in a few games. I'm still on 3 games for the season where i think he's looked anything like top quality, and they were so long ago i can't even remember who they were against.
That's what I'm saying. He's notching up his goals in that because he gets space and makes his figures seem more impressive than they really are.

NoLookPasser

He looks a completely different player now to when he was recalled to the squad after a long exile. Around December and January, there was a spell when he was our MOTM in most of the matches. His energy was just infectious. He was constantly involved in most of our moves and looked our best attacking threat back then. He has scored goals lately in Europa but even in those matches they have masked over his performances.

I hope he can get back to his best soon. Being our most senior attacker, we need him more than ever.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He wasn't great, but he was positive. I don't think Jose can fault his effort, considering we stopped using our midfield after about 30 minutes.

Champagne Football

He has a very Nani feel to him right now. Absolutely world class in 1 out of every 10 games and then completely anonymous for 5 games in a row after that.

I do worry that he lacks the power and intensity for the premier league despite being a seriously talented dude

Sylar

Was one of our worst players today. Dont think he used the ball well enough when he did get on it.
I guess he tried but too often he kept running into crowded areas. He did it quite often in our own half too.

el3mel

Not inconsistency nor mentality. His control over the ball is rubbish since he began to play regularly. He was compensating this with awesome dribbles and through passes but he is not doing these at the moment so his weakness becomes awfully clear : that he fall an easy victim under any team who uses high pressing.

Other than this he's good but he must be roled out of any Liverpool and City game as long as Klopp and Pep are managing them. He also need to work in summer on building his body more physically and learn how to control and pass the ball under pressure.

He'll be good.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Poor performance. But it's not like he's become average. @Brophs 4/10s ? Maybe tonight, but not often, seriously.

Him leading the line isn't that different to asking Fellaini to do that, or Young. In so far as it is not going to be effective. Zlatan as the focal point of attack allowed Mkhi to do his magic, creating runs, threading passes, getting on the end of things.

Outside of Bailly, Blind and de Gea, I can't think of decent performances tonight. And the whole team played like they were a bit scared. Not sure what Jose's on about in that presser, dominated the first half :lol: that's a bit like Moyes being used to winning.

Jonno

He was very poor tonight, he got lost in a very busy midfield. But I still rate him as a very good player who will improve. He seems to be very clinical against the smaller teams at Old Trafford which, to be honest is what we need! I've got massive faith in him, but he's still very inconsistent.

Obiorahking_

It takes him time to fully settle into a new situation, and playing him in a false 9 role didn't help that cause either.

Dave46

EL- 588 minutes, 5 goals, 82.6% passing rate, 7.39 rating.

PL-1162 minutes, 4 goals, 84.3% passing rate, 7.03 rating.

Too many 4/10 games:)

Status
Not open for further replies.